Jump to content

Week 4 GDT - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:
Riggghhhhttttt!!!!

Is this not the same media that was hook, line, and sinker on Mac Jones going to the 49ers, and a contingent of fans believing it to be gospel? :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Is this not the same media that was hook, line, and sinker on Mac Jones going to the 49ers, and a contingent of fans believing it to be gospel? :)

I mean the MNF crew last year all but stated the coaching staff felt Mullens was the smartest QB in the room and had the best grasp of the playbook. 

Anyways, is Hurst playing this week? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean the MNF crew last year all but stated the coaching staff felt Mullens was the smartest QB in the room and had the best grasp of the playbook. 

Anyways, is Hurst playing this week? 

Not sure what that has to do with anything? Point is the media sensationalizes things or is just plain wrong as much as Kyle decides to play coy. 

Don't know about Hurst. Hope so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything? Point is the media sensationalizes things or is just plain wrong as much as Kyle decides to play coy. 

Don't know about Hurst. Hope so. 

He denied the part about the coaching staff needing to work extra hard to get Jimmy ready for the game and to understand the playbook...Literally on MNF, the crew talked about how they heard from the coaches that Mullens has the best grasp of the playoff and is the smartest QB in the game. You can put two and two together there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

TB12 wanted to end his career as a Niner. Spin any way you want, that much should be clear. He reached out and we said thanks but no thanks. At the time I could see why they would be hesitant. I mean even if it is Brady, gambling on a then 43 year old QB, a feat that there is no precedent for and with no real succession plan behind him, is a very bold. I mean what kind of team are we last year with Brady insted of Jimmy and all the injuries?? Definitely not SB caliber imo.     

As it stands now, I am much more content with Lance as the QBOTF than trying to chase a ring with a 46 year old QB eating up alot of cap space, hoping the parts around him stay healthy enough to compete for a SB. The offense would probably be damn good but the wrong set of injuries to the wrong set of ppl could ruin the daydream quickly, as we're all aware of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact Shanny just casually mentioned how Kirkpatrick can step in for Norman and made it seem like we will be just fine is hilarious to me. Like really??? I don't think some here are understanding just how bad it can be in the secondary on Sunday lol.

But LIS earlier, Ryans will protect the CBs with calling more two man so they will force the Seahawks to just hand it over to Carson 25+ times. And guess what? Seattle has NO problem doing that and they can then finally win the TOP game that they have lost big time the last two games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He denied the part about the coaching staff needing to work extra hard to get Jimmy ready for the game and to understand the playbook...Literally on MNF, the crew talked about how they heard from the coaches that Mullens has the best grasp of the playoff and is the smartest QB in the game. You can put two and two together there. 

Right so that goes back to my point that the media either sensationalizes or gets information wrong as much as Kyle plays coy with providing said information. Just not sure why the media gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reporting on what's going on in 49ers land. They've been wrong before. You yourself raged against the machine to a degree after the draft. 

Anyway, even if that information regarding Mullens was accurate, who cares? Doesn't make him a good player. This is starting to reek of the nutty "Colin K needs to work more on his film study than abs" rhetoric when losing started to pile up. Jimmy's problems are arm-talent related, not work ethic related. E Sanders when he was here and everything was awesome did emphasize how hard of a worker he really is without being prompted for it I remember during a presser. So was he lying then? Just seems like when the sky starts to fall, and things aren't going so well (at 2-1???) rumors and leaks bleached in negativity are so easy to appear out of thin air, and the media yahoos are suddenly enlightened savants despite spotty track records. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Right so that goes back to my point that the media either sensationalizes or gets information wrong as much as Kyle plays coy with providing said information. Just not sure why the media gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to reporting on what's going on in 49ers land. They've been wrong before. You yourself raged against the machine to a degree after the draft. 

Anyway, even if that information regarding Mullens was accurate, who cares? Doesn't make him a good player. This is starting to reek of the nutty "Colin K needs to work more on his film study than abs" rhetoric when losing started to pile up. Jimmy's problems are arm-talent related, not work ethic related. E Sanders when he was here and everything was awesome did emphasize how hard of a worker he really is without being prompted for it I remember during a presser. So was he lying then? Just seems like when the sky starts to fall, and things aren't going so well (at 2-1???) rumors and leaks bleached in negativity are so easy to appear out of thin air, and the media yahoos are suddenly enlightened savants despite spotty track records. 

Jimmy shortcomings aren't so much arm talent related as much as they are about his accuracy and decision-making. Jimmy's arm strength is good enough. And his quick release is such a benefit within certain aspects of the position. It's the fact that he takes gambles at the most inopportune times and he's basically allergic to pushing the ball downfield when certain passing concepts dictate he should. Defenses can bait Jimmy into alot of mistakes. Is that a lack of intelligence/film study or is that a result of just not having enough physical talent to overcome certain situations that arise in a game?? With no knowledge of his day-to-day work habits/preparation, that's up to the individual to decide I guess. If Mullens was indeed the smartest QB in the room, it sure as hell didn't help him be the better QB on the field. It's all relative at the end of the day.

But I very much agree with the rest of your post. The media likes to throw **** against the wall and see what sticks, 8 times out of 10. Nothing new...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 757-NINER said:

Jimmy shortcomings aren't so much arm talent related as much as they are about his accuracy and decision-making. Jimmy's arm strength is good enough. And his quick release is such a benefit within certain aspects of the position. It's the fact that he takes gambles at the most inopportune times and he's basically allergic to pushing the ball downfield when certain passing concepts dictate he should. Defenses can bait Jimmy into alot of mistakes. Is that a lack of intelligence/film study or is that a result of just not having enough physical talent to overcome certain situations that arise in a game?? With no knowledge of his day-to-day work habits/preparation, that's up to the individual to decide I guess. If Mullens was indeed the smartest QB in the room, it sure as hell didn't help him be the better QB on the field. It's all relative at the end of the day.

But I very much agree with the rest of your post. The media likes to throw **** against the wall and see what sticks, 8 times out of 10. Nothing new...

I meant arm-talent as in yeah, his accuracy is not great. Favre had nutty decision making too, but had the arm cannon to make up for it. Didn't think the guy was dumb though. Sometimes it's just the nature of the player regardless of how much they do or don't hone their craft or their IQ. Folks have hallmarks. It's cool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Forge said:

 

Very nice! Can definitely use his interior rushing. 

@TecmoSuperJoethis is not about just giving the media the benefit of doubt. There has been enough smoke out there of Shanny and the FO taking shots at Jimmy and talking down on him. But whatever, they will get to move on from him at season's end. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Kittle will play while Mitchell is out according to Schefter.

 

Lockett also expected to play.

Then I hope Patrick end Cannon get some carries, especially the latter. We need someone who is explosive and can get to the edge on those toss and stretch plays. 

I know a lot of us expected more of Lance last week but I think he gets more than 5 snaps today. And I would not be surprised if he is put in the game to take a shot play to Aiyuk or Sherfield. This is totally going to….. NOT happen huh, @Forge😂.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...