Booing College Football Players

What is the consensus?

I saw this past weekend OU fans booed Rattler for struggling.  To be honest I dont see a problem with it.  It's irrelevant to you all but Im glad Houston fans did the same thing this past game vs Navy as the team went to the lockerroom trailing.  They are getting paid now and if you are paying money and donating to your school you have a right to express your displeasure.  Interesting in hearing your thoughts on the topic. 

I'd boo every last single one of yous if I got the opportunity, as I expect yous would the same to me.

On the topic, it is what it is. I get that they are 18-23 year olds but it's a paid product and fans are going to express themselves. Don't wanna be booed? Be better. If I suck at something, I'd hope to get **** for it. 

• Like 1

I get bood on Friday nights and Saturday mornings and get paid like $3,500 after taxes to coach 30 hours a week for 15 weeks during the fall alone, not counting off-season stuff. Go cry me a river. NIL is a game changer for me in this regard. I’ll never boo a HS anything though.

• Like 4

Booing is not a reflection of the person receiving the boo......it is a reflection of the person delivering the boo. 

One of my favorite sayings is.....

"If you ran into an A-hole today, you ran into an A-hole. If you run into an A-hole everyday....you're an A-hole". 

Booing for a disrespectful event? Absolutely. For performance? That is a reflection of the boo'er. 

Edited by Warhorse
4 hours ago, Warhorse said:

Booing is not a reflection of the person receiving the boo......it is a reflection of the person delivering the boo. 

One of my favorite sayings is.....

"If you ran into an A-hole today, you ran into an A-hole. If you run into an A-hole everyday....you're an A-hole". 

Booing for a disrespectful event? Absolutely. For performance? That is a reflection of the boo'er. 

boo this man

• Like 2
On 10/3/2021 at 12:20 PM, MWil23 said:

I get bood on Friday nights and Saturday mornings and get paid like $3,500 after taxes to coach 30 hours a week for 15 weeks during the fall alone, not counting off-season stuff. Go cry me a river. NIL is a game changer for me in this regard. I’ll never boo a HS anything though.

Not really addressing this at you, but I’ve seen this sentiment that NIL is a game changer for booing a lot, and I don’t really understand it to be honest. Your relationship with the player hasn’t changed, as the funds from your TV viewership or tickets is still only “paying” the player in a scholarship. That hasn’t changed from NIL. If it’s because the players are now *legally* making money off their status, were you okay booing the Alabama, Georgia, OSU players but not MAC kids because only the big schools had bag-men?  I guess I just don’t see how NIL has changed the equation here.