Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

Just now, titans0021 said:

We just lack anything resembling speed at WR or TE. Jets constantly pressed the depth receivers and dared them to win at the LOS and they repeatedly were incapable. Add in that any attempt at longer developing route combinations were hopeless because of the pass rush and we just had no hope of creating downfield opportunities.

The three memorable shots we took were the play that Reynolds could’ve made for a TD, the bomb that should’ve been caught (and called PI) to Reynolds and Firkser’s drop up the seam in OT.

Jets average corners locked them up pretty good. 

46 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The problem is that this isn’t Mularkey. This isn’t a coach Robinson had forced on him. It’s his hand-picked guy. So I’m not sure he’s going to have the same willingness to pull the trigger like he did with Mularkey.

Robinson's on the hot seat too as far as I'm concerned. Last two drafts have 1 guy contributing this year?

• Like 1

Vrabel isn't going anywhere this year. We were 11-5 last year and should win the division this year. 

My hope is that we can rebuild the OL some this off-season and replace Vrabel after we see this same **** next year.

Give me Lincoln Riley. I wanna throw the ball.

i got curious.

dating back to 2016 (most likely further, but i didn't include prior years since we were straight up awful for awhile before that lol so it's sort of irrelevant) we have lost at least one game every season to a team that would go on to finish with a top 10 pick in the draft.

of the last TEN super bowl champions, the only teams to drop a game to a team that would finish with a top 10 draft pick the year they won were:

- the 2018 patriots, who managed to lose to both the giants and the jaguars (!)

- the 2012 ravens, who lost to the eagles

- the 2011 giants, who lost to washington twice

there is also one technicality exception: the 2016 patriots, who dropped a game to the bills (finished with the 10th pick), but were starting jacoby brissett with tom brady out injured. you could maybe argue that our injury situation vs the jets was as bad, but i simply don't put losing a couple of star receivers over losing a hall of fame QB. plus obviously we don't always need injuries to pull this crap lol- we have a pattern of doing it, and these other teams do not.

so, what does this tell us? the 2011 giants were a pretty improbable super bowl champion, finishing the season at 9-7 and catching fire during the playoffs. this is always a possiblity for every team that sneaks into the playoffs, but it's rare. they certainly were not the class of the NFL that year. as for the patriots and ravens, they both dropped those games very early in the season- just like we did today. that's potentially good news for us- it's obviously a long season and there's lots of room for a turnaround. however, belichick and harbaugh are two of the best coaches in the game. tough to have faith that vrabel will have a revelation in that direction after what we've seen thus far.

the bottom line is that the teams that are the class of the NFL and ultimately end up winning the super bowl just don't do this often. meanwhile, we've been doing it consistently for years. 

We need a paradigm shift as an organization. Not just at HC.

If you believe in "establishing the run", whether you're an OC, HC, or GM, I want you replaced. 

We need to transition into a modern offense. Not necessarily today's issue, but a change I want to see.

19 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

We need a paradigm shift as an organization. Not just at HC.

If you believe in "establishing the run", whether you're an OC, HC, or GM, I want you replaced. 

We need to transition into a modern offense. Not necessarily today's issue, but a change I want to see.

I have no problem we’re run 1st however I hate the fact that we’re stubborn to make adjustments depending on matchups & sometimes use the pass to setup the run. Vrabel has a huge ego problem he’s not serious about winning for the betterment of the team, he only wants to win by satisfying his ego. It’s no reason you’re on the Cust of winning a championship & you have HC experienced Coordinators you can hire to lean on. He’s literally Jeff Fisher 2.0 the only difference, Fisher was nonchalant stubborn Vrabel is an ******* that thinks he knows what he’s doing 

Edited by TitanRedd

thinking also about how this sort of thing almost never happens with our offense. i can't remember the last time it did. we don't put any kind of mental stress on the defense because everyone knows what we're going to do, so you just don't see things like coverage busts etc against us.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

thinking also about how this sort of thing almost never happens with our offense. i can't remember the last time it did. we don't put any kind of mental stress on the defense because everyone knows what we're going to do, so you just don't see things like coverage busts etc against us.

Not with Downing but with Art you did, 

29 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Does anyone know how I can find out how many times we blitzed today?

Not sure. Did find it hysterical at the point we showed a house blitz before the snap announcers were just like of there showing an all out blitz. Then says they're running a zone and only the linemen actually rushed