Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

As I said in the Colts GDT, it may come back to bite me in the butt but I think we win this one convincingly. I get the Bengals game comparison but at this point, the Jets are worse than the Bengals were last season.

I feel this is a classic King Henry 130 plus/2 TDs game and think this is the game where our defense finally gets multiple takeaways.

23 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

With our edge rusher “depth”, now more than ever would be the time to just make the full time switch for Rashaan Evans to edge rusher. He’s not providing anything at ILB, so might as well go ahead and see if he can do anything as a depth edge rusher.

Dudes trash. Can’t wait until he’s off this team for good.

8 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Dudes trash. Can’t wait until he’s off this team for good.

When it’s your contract year and you’re as bad as you’ve ever been as a pro, you’re hopeless. He’s the clear weak link defensively and the sooner Jayon Brown is fully healthy and he doesn’t have to see the field, the better we’ll be.

I’m all for upping Monty Rice’s snaps if it means less of Evans at this point.

No reason to play Evans or Rice really when we're healthy. Jayon should never leave the field and Long should only leave the field in dime. If one of them is hurt I'd rather go big dime with Cruikshank at sub LB than put Evans on the field when a team could be passing.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Big Jeff commanding that double team

I was going to come in here and post one of these. There were several clips highlighting other players where Simmons entire purpose on the play is just to eat up both blockers so that Landry could loop around basically untouched. He's not being coached to beat the double team in those situations and it's really hard to say how often he's being asked to do that.

14 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

No reason to play Evans or Rice really when we're healthy. Jayon should never leave the field and Long should only leave the field in dime. If one of them is hurt I'd rather go big dime with Cruikshank at sub LB than put Evans on the field when a team could be passing.

I think once Hooker is back, Evans should be phased out of this defense altogether. Cruikshank has played ILB in subpackages at times and has shown a physicality we haven’t seen from this defense in a while(Long too). As long as we can stay relatively healthy(yikes at edge right now) and get Farley healthy, the defense shouldn’t be too bad. Hoping to see Farley replacing Jenkins by the end of the season.