Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

I was quick to delete my DVR recording of this game.   Live I thought that was a obvious PI on Reynolds but replay was closer then I thought.  But man he still should have caught it just as Firsker should have caught that seem route in OT.   But the total collapse of our deep coverage was troubling as well as the pure panic that lead to the PI against us was just crazy.    Even with all the above a stupid delay of game call late in OT was a huge game changer in preventing the tie and eliminating a chance to still win. 

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Why do we never throw back shoulder passes. It is so frustrating watching other offenses do no brainer things that just take advantage of defenses that we don’t do.

Hard to throw back shoulder on a two yard run. That makes up 60% of our offensive playbook.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Hard to throw back shoulder on a two yard run. That makes up 60% of our offensive playbook.

I mean, we had 56 drop backs today. All it took was AJ Brown and Julio being out to throw the ball. Naturally.

And we did try a back-shoulder fade today. In the first half. To 5’8 Cam Batson. Naturally.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, we had 56 drop backs today. All it took was AJ Brown and Julio being out to throw the ball. Naturally.

And we did try a back-shoulder fade today. In the first half. To 5’8 Cam Batson. Naturally.

I was pretty much just being sarcastic at the fact that we don't throw on first down unless the situation forces us to.

42 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Why do we never throw back shoulder passes. It is so frustrating watching other offenses do no brainer things that just take advantage of defenses that we don’t do.

we don’t throw 50-50 balls period, even when we had AJ and julio on the field.

We can talk all we want about Tannehill needing to sense pressure better. And it’s sometimes true, he can occasionally take a bad sack. But man, so much spent on the offensive line. And with no competent WRs, when we really needed them to give Tanny time, they failed the team spectacularly.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We can talk all we want about Tannehill needing to sense pressure better. And it’s sometimes true, he can occasionally take a bad sack. But man, so much spent on the offensive line. And with no competent WRs, when we really needed them to give Tanny time, they failed the team spectacularly.

The incredible thing about this is you can’t blame one or two players. Four defenders with six or more pressures is an incredible indictment of the entire unit.

29 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

gotta be honest, i’m really not sure downing is appreciably worse than art smith. it’s largely the same offensive system with an order of magnitude worse play along the OL and at TE, which is sort of an issue since we’re hell bent on running the ball, play-action, and putting 5 TEs on the field every play.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

They generated 31 pressures lol.

Gotta wonder how injured our WRs we're or if they were kept out to heal during an easy win week.

Either way Vrabels garbage defense doesn't deserve to be carried by the offense

We ran the ball 37 times. We carried six full backs and tight ends. Allowing 31 pressures is a genuine accomplishment.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

gotta be honest, i’m really not sure downing is appreciably worse than art smith. it’s largely the same offensive system with an order of magnitude worse play along the OL and at TE, which is sort of an issue since we’re hell bent on running the ball, play-action, and putting 5 TEs on the field every play.

He’s worse, but yes, the personnel is playing at a lower level (probably deserves some blame there), and as @deeluxx3has mentioned, the offense has been figured out. It was figured out by the end of Art’s tenure and we’re just running a slightly worse version of it now.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He’s worse, but yes, the personnel is playing at a lower level (probably deserves some blame there), and as @deeluxx3has mentioned, the offense has been figured out. It was figured out by the end of Art’s tenure and we’re just running a slightly worse version of it now.

damn, sure sounds familiar.

wish i could get paid millions of dollars to run head first into a brick wall for years. better yet, i wish i could get paid more to hire a new guy to run head first into a brick wall after getting rid of the old guy for, you guessed it, running head first into a brick wall.