Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

damn, sure sounds familiar.

wish i could get paid millions of dollars to run head first into a brick wall for years. better yet, i wish i could get paid more to hire a new guy to run head first into a brick wall after getting rid of the old guy for, you guessed it, running head first into a brick wall.

To your original point, how much can we lay at the feet of Downing? Look at the list of players here. I ask this genuinely, how many players here would see more than 10 snaps for most NFL offenses? Just Tannehill and Henry? Probably Reynolds, I guess? And then you combine it with an offensive line that allowed 31 pressures. Good luck.

I’m just getting back from NJ so I’m sorry if some of you guys talked about this 

Was anyone surprised Vrabel didn’t go for 2 when Batson scored?

In OT he ran on 4th and 3 with Henry but didn’t want to try it to win the game when we could see the Titans D was struggling with getting Wilson

Normally they say go for 2 on the road because you’re trying to steal a win and at home you play for OT because you hope the fans can help you get the ball back because of noise and stuff 

Just curious why Vrabel was aggressive on the drive before the Batson TD but wasn’t aggressive to try and steal a win that we had no business winning  

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m just getting back from NJ so I’m sorry if some of you guys talked about this 

Was anyone surprised Vrabel didn’t go for 2 when Batson scored?

In OT he ran on 4th and 3 with Henry but didn’t want to try it to win the game when we could see the Titans D was struggling with getting Wilson

Normally they say go for 2 on the road because you’re trying to steal a win and at home you play for OT because you hope the fans can help you get the ball back because of noise and stuff 

Just curious why Vrabel was aggressive on the drive before the Batson TD but wasn’t aggressive to try and steal a win that we had no business winning  

I wasn’t. We did the exact same the exact same thing against Seattle. I’d guess the thinking is that if we’re the better team, we’re better off going to OT than rolling the dice on one play. Though obviously the joke was on us.

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I wasn’t. We did the exact same the exact same thing against Seattle. I’d guess the thinking is that if we’re the better team, we’re better off going to OT than rolling the dice on one play. Though obviously the joke was on us.

The only thing different about the Seattle game the defense was doing well against Wilson outside of a couple of plays 

Today I dreaded every time Wilson dropped back because Bowen isn’t smart, skilled or creative enough to do anything to stop it 

Once Bowen is fired in Tennessee he will never get a DC job again 

I can’t take the it’s 3rd and 3 let me have the DBs stand 8 yards off stuff 

His blitz packages are none existing 

The only 1 thing I do feel for him on, is Vrabel only having Landry Ola and Finch as the only active OLB’s

Why we had 2 active FBs today is beyond me 

Titans could of easily cut one of them and they could have brought back John Simon or anyone else to help for a game 

Defensively that was just and awful game. Leaving guys wide open all game especially on critical downs. Jackrabbit got beat so many times and Cruickshank had that costly penalty where he could game just made the pick. That's pretty bad when you get exposed by a rookie. I can't imagine what better QBs are going to do to this team.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

To your original point, how much can we lay at the feet of Downing? Look at the list of players here. I ask this genuinely, how many players here would see more than 10 snaps for most NFL offenses? Just Tannehill and Henry? Probably Reynolds, I guess? And then you combine it with an offensive line that allowed 31 pressures. Good luck.

I mean yea, after taking a step back and breathing it’s hard to really expect this personnel to score anymore than they did today. Still gotta find a way to beat that pathetic team. The opportunities were there.

And the defense sure didn’t help to make things easier. We should have been causing havoc against that piss poor o line they have. 1 sack is inexcusable. Where was all the David Long spicey blitzes we used a week ago. I don’t know the numbers but it feels like we didn’t blitz a rookie qb enough times to force him into bad decisions. 

14 minutes ago, AteBoxx said:

Defensively that was just and awful game. Leaving guys wide open all game especially on critical downs. Jackrabbit got beat so many times and Cruickshank had that costly penalty where he could game just made the pick. That's pretty bad when you get exposed by a rookie. I can't imagine what better QBs are going to do to this team.

The Titans are so frustrating to root for that they will lay an egg this week then sweep Buffalo and KC then lose to Indy then give LA a fight 

We are just so banged up and Vrabels killing us with his roster management like having 2 FBs active when we are extremely think at OLB and WR

We should have won today so I’m not using the injury excuse to why we lost today 

But if we aren’t healthy for Buffalo or KC the injury thing will be a factor vs them 

Jayon Brown isn’t a 100% I believe, it was Evans and Long for most of the game and then they would bring in Jayon for certain situations 

I know a lot of fans questioned the Dupree signing, I don’t mind that we paid him, I’m just more mad that the Titans didn’t do a better job of adding depth behind him and Landry

Ola has been a nice surprise, he didn’t do anything much today but when he’s back to being a back up hell be ok 

But all camp we started Simon in Dupree’s spot across from Landry but they cut him, which I thought was for the roster manipulation of the guaranteed money thing, but yet here we are thin at OLB because Weaver broke his ankle 

Vrabel has to fix the depth on this roster It’s out of wack right now 

44 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We miss Arthur Smith's thinking when it comes to redzone. He just had a feel of how to use the guys when they were down there. It was a confidence that couldn't be matched when we were down there.

Art was doing the game planning for red zone  before he was the OC I believe. I’m sure that’s a big reason why he was so effective in the red zone. Hopefully downing gets better as the season goes but I don’t have faith in this coaching staff 

On 10/1/2021 at 7:34 PM, TitanSS said:

I felt like there was no way we lost to the Colts and we still won. Usually as soon as I feel that way we lose so maybe this year will be different.

He said before posting on Monday: "Same ole Titans"

Same ole Titans