Week 4 GDT: Titans (2-1) at Jets (0-3)

-Hope-

Is Tannehill perfect? No he’s not 

But I said yesterday I really left yesterday’s game feeling really bad for the man 

The man just had no time yesterday 

There were times guys just wernt open

There where times he took deep shots and guys didn’t find the ball, or stopped running  or in Reynolds case dropped 2 of them 

Titans better fix their line issues because he’s a bad hit away from being injured and then we are depending on Woodside 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Both OTs provide no resistance and the center is pushed 7 yards behind the LOS and we have people in here saying Tannehill needs to play better.

McNichols was obviously money in the screen game, but I’m not sure he helped block a single time that entire game. Just sprinting out to the flat on every 3rd down as Tannehill gets killed. I’m not sure if that’s the play call, Tannehill not making the check, Ben Jones not making the right line call or McNichols just rushing to get to his route, but the OL sure could have used some help and the RB and TE were never there.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Both OTs provide no resistance and the center is pushed 7 yards behind the LOS and we have people in here saying Tannehill needs to play better.

But also, demonstrates my primary argument with the whole line of Tannehill holding the ball. He had to hold the ball. The Jets were pressing and our receivers could absolutely not win off the line. Which means if you want to even have a chance at success, you have to let a play develop.

The above play was going to work. It just involved the outside receiver running a shallow cross so Tannehill has to let the receiver clear traffic, but by the time there’s a throw available, he’s already on his back. It’s what I said yesterday, Tannehill is good enough that he could win with those receivers…if he has time to let them run a route and provide him any window. He’s good enough to win with a garbage line…if he has receivers that can beat man coverage at the LOS. 

Expecting him to succeed with garbage receivers AND garbage line play is setting a bar that virtually no QB can reach.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Some were saying the crossing route was open. How can he see that????
Soon as he hits his back foot, both OTs are chasing their man and Ben Jones is coming back at him fast. He would have to throw off one foot and if was INT then people would still blame him. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Some were saying the crossing route was open. How can he see that????
Soon as he hits his back foot, both OTs are chasing their man and Ben Jones is coming back at him fast. He would have to throw off one foot and if was INT then people would still blame him. 

A lot of people think football is Madden. Just stop mid-drop and throw the ball into a high traffic area in half a second. It’s easy. Never mind the fact that it was literally just a five-man rush and he didn’t get enough time to let a shallow crosser develop.

• Like 1

I talk football & I talk what I know what my eyes tell me, I remember this play happened & I blamed Tannehill & a guy name @Mesa_Titansaid it wasn’t his fault & I said he had an open WR he holding on the ball too long. I know I get under a few people skin cause I’m very blunt but again who was wrong. I get it he doesn’t have all day in the pocket the OL is playing terrible, but at times his sense of pressure is bad due to the fact he’s looking for the big play & isn’t understanding situational football. Tannehill 1st priority should be getting a 1st down it’s 3rd & 6, he should be expecting a blitz & immediate pressure therefore get the ball out quick in case they bring the house. He doesn’t see the WR open because he’s holding the ball looking for the big play 

Come off your primary read, which is going to come open, in under a second, before even finishing your drop, because a 5-man rush is coming through unblocked.That’s the expectation. Look at his head, he’s not holding it to create a big play, he’s literally just waiting for the shallow crosser to clear initial traffic. He has an easy conversion if Quessenberry even nudges the rusher.

A QB isn’t going to move from his initial read, when it’s going to work, because he should anticipate that he can’t even get to the top of his drop before his five-man offensive line (and I’m pretty positive the TE was also supposed to chip there) has completely blown protection against a pretty basic 5-man rush.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Come off your primary read, which is going to come open, in under a second, before even finishing your drop, because a 5-man rush is coming through unblocked.That’s the expectation. Look at his head, he’s not holding it to create a big play, he’s literally just waiting for the shallow crosser to clear initial traffic. He has an easy conversion if Quessenberry even nudges the rusher.

A QB isn’t going to move from his initial read, when it’s going to work, because he should anticipate that he can’t even get to the top of his drop before his five-man offensive line (and I’m pretty positive the TE was also supposed to chip there) has completely blown protection against a pretty basic 5-man rush.

From 2 film analyst they put this on Tannehill I understand he’s looking for his primary read but you have to look at the play call by design pre snap, the WR the hat was open had a free release every other WR, were pressed from the snap & showing press, how do you not think the WR with the free release needs to be my 1st target pre snap in a 3rd & 6 situation me understanding I need a 1st down & you know his route 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

From 2 film analyst they put this on Tannehill I understand he’s looking for his primary read but you have to look at the play call by design pre snap, the WR the hat was open had a free release every other WR, were pressed from the snap & showing press, how do you not think the WR with the free release needs to be my 1st target pre snap in a 3rd & 6 situation me understanding I need a 1st down & you know his route 

Who are these film analysts lol? Self-made playa with 90 followers? Literally, this completely random Twitter account and you are the only ones that watched that play and though, yeah, that’s on Tannehill.

3 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Like the entire play design and formation is built for the crosser. We ran the same play two other times in that game, and it worked. To the crosser. And it would’ve worked again. If it wasn’t for an offensive line meltdown. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Who are these film analysts lol? Self-made playa with 90 followers?

1st of all selfmade Playa is me & I had another Twitter that matched my IG & FB both over 5k followers but unfortunately I lost my account for saying the N word too much & im black how bout that 😮💨 Twitter so petty.. but I single this play out because me & Mesa went back in forth & of course I was made out like I don’t know what I’m talking bout. It’s like you can’t be critical of players people misconstrue that you’re trying to bash them or make it sound like their a$$ is sorry I simply just said he takes sacks not get rid of the ball at times when he has a check down or WR open, it’s call take what the defense gives you, I understand he’s trying to make the play but 1st we need a 1st down