GDT Week 4: Gmen vs. Nola @ 1PM EST

Giants4eva

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I'd get rid of Judge and the entire coaching staff, unless Joe Brady (my new HC) wants to keep one or more of them. I'd force Chris Mara, and any/all other Maras, out of the personnel department. I'd hire some young upstart out of CLE or BAL to be my assistant GM. I'd trade Saquon, let Peppers walk, and because DG made a mess of the 2022 cap, that'd be basically all I could do. But in the draft, I'm giving Joe Brady free reign of my first choice depending on his roster evaluation. You want your guy at QB? No problem. You want a pass rusher? You got him. Then I am loading up on OL, at least 3, and pass rushers. Only those 2 positions and a later round RB.

What really amazes me about Dave, really the owners is that we were told Dave was brought in because he could fix the offensive line issues and every single year it's the biggest issue.

I'm personally not ready to cut bait on Judge, mainly because I don't think he was given the draft he was hoping for, but bringing in a new GM as you mentioned may or may not want him and the owners of the team shouldn't have a say in who the GM must retain.  So I get where you're coming from there.

I agree with you on trading Barkley and Engram.  Barkley has had plenty of time to heal from his injury but it doesn't look like his heart is in it.  Not even sure what we could get for either of these guys after watching these last few games as neither are playing all the great at the moment.

As for the cap, I don't even know how you mess this up as bad as he has.  When he first started cutting and trading he was acquiring crazy amount of dead money.  It amazes me how this man still has a job to be honest.

Nuts how most of the fans have been screaming for what we need and it just seems like this GM does the complete opposite.  

I'm not hearing much about this QB draft class other than it's not as good as last years.  I'd rather bring Easy E out of retirement than draft one of these guy...haha.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I agree with you on trading Barkley and Engram.  Barkley has had plenty of time to heal from his injury but it doesn't look like his heart is in it.  Not even sure what we could get for either of these guys after watching these last few games as neither are playing all the great at the moment.

I’m fine with trading Barkley and Engram, but I disagree on the rest. It typically takes over a year for players to get back to full strength from a torn ACL. Most don’t look like themselves until the second year. Barkley has the same problems he always has, where he doesn’t trust his vision or the OL and has happy feet 

26 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

What really amazes me about Dave, really the owners is that we were told Dave was brought in because he could fix the offensive line issues and every single year it's the biggest issue.

I'm personally not ready to cut bait on Judge, mainly because I don't think he was given the draft he was hoping for, but bringing in a new GM as you mentioned may or may not want him and the owners of the team shouldn't have a say in who the GM must retain.  So I get where you're coming from there.

As for the cap, I don't even know how you mess this up as bad as he has.  When he first started cutting and trading he was acquiring crazy amount of dead money.  It amazes me how this man still has a job to be honest.

Nuts how most of the fans have been screaming for what we need and it just seems like this GM does the complete opposite.  

I'm not hearing much about this QB draft class other than it's not as good as last years.  I'd rather bring Easy E out of retirement than draft one of these guy...haha.

It's funny, because years where you hear that are normally better years for QBs. They're rookies in their first few games so this is not indicative of how they will ultimately pan out, but look at this year's rookie class right now. They all suck. Meanwhile, Justin Herbert was getting put down like crazy before the draft only to have one of the best QB rookie seasons ever. 

I like Willis and Corrall a lot. I like Ridder as well. None of them are close to Trevor Lawrence as a prospect, but I think they have a good chance to be very good pros. And I'm letting my offensive minded HC make that call. Bottom line is that in today's NFL, offense is more important than it has ever been. You need a good offense to be a good team. You get a good offense by having a forward thinking, innovative, smart guy in charge of it. If that guy is your OC, he is going to get poached for an HC opening and then you are screwed. I don't care that Brady is young; he is innovative, smart, forward thinking, and now has NFL experience. Make him the head coach and don't overthink it. Yes you want leadership and discipline and the ability to command a room and all of that, but most of all I want to win. Winning takes scoring points, which Brady can get an offense to do.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I’m fine with trading Barkley and Engram, but I disagree on the rest. It typically takes over a year for players to get back to full strength from a torn ACL. Most don’t look like themselves until the second year. Barkley has the same problems he always has, where he doesn’t trust his vision or the OL and has happy feet 

Maybe you're right...Me personally I've soured on him. he's currently making big bucks from being drafted so high.  He's already received the 5th year option for next season, 7.217 million.  Which is 3 less than what he's making this season.   

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Probably be Collin Johnson getting the lions share of snaps since he took over in the Falcons game. Hopefully they get Toney involved though.

Maybe, but it’s both Slayton and Shepard out. We have Golladay, Board, Toney, and Johnson and maybe John Ross. There be plenty of work for all.

• Like 1

1st Quarter: For once we don't start out with a touchdown drive; 3 and out, nowhere to go. Saints take over by their 30. Dexter Lawrence shuts down two plays in a row to force a punt. Giants' 2nd drive is more of the same: generic rushes up the middle for no gain and weak protection for DJ. Saints on the move into our territory; Jameis has to run for his life and throw a short pass on the run which is broken up by Logan Ryan. Saints go for it on 4th & 3 but Kamara is stopped inches short of the marker by Leonard Williams.

Our next drive goes backwards when Golladay commits a stupidly obvious OPI. Toney gets the ball on 3rd & 18 and CONVERTS; are you kidding me? I thought he was short. Saints should've challenged. Quarter ends on that note, 0-0.

• Like 1