Redskins sign Orlando Franklin & Arie Kouandijo, Cut Mack Brown

turtle28

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Ok ... so we release Mack brown who's never gotten a starting shot ? Yet Perine stays on the roster ?

ok got it 

They're not going to waive their 4th round rookie who has flashed some when used correctly. When Perine is running inside zone out of shotgun he's money just like in the second half of the Rams game.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Makes sense. Out of the RBs on the roster, the one with the most vision who is NOT named Chris Thompson was Mack Brown. Meanwhile Rob Kelley continues to start.

I don’t know that we can be 100% sure of that because for some reason Brown was never given the shot to have more than a few carries in a game. We all wished for it, especially when Kelley got hurt but it never materialized. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know that we can be 100% sure of that because for some reason Brown was never given the shot to have more than a few carries in a game. We all wished for it, especially when Kelley got hurt but it never materialized. 

Fair enough. But what I DID see, showed me what I needed to see. Perhaps the coaches saw a few more flaws in his game than I, or you, or the rest of us. I just don't want to continue relying on Fat Rob to do the job. Its embarrassing that our starting RB not only misses holes, but when he gets holes a mack truck could go through he gets run down from behind for a 3 yard gain.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Fair enough. But what I DID see, showed me what I needed to see. Perhaps the coaches saw a few more flaws in his game than I, or you, or the rest of us. I just don't want to continue relying on Fat Rob to do the job. Its embarrassing that our starting RB not only misses holes, but when he gets holes a mack truck could go through he gets run down from behind for a 3 yard gain.

Totally agree. I don’t know what makes pictures Kelley has of Gruden, but they must be something good.

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Turtle - I edited the title to Orlando FRANKLIN. You had Orlando Brown in the title. Made me go hunting for the tweet.

Oops, my bad. I guess it was in my mind because he was the Ravens/Browns RT who got poked in the eyes and had to have surgery.

These moves makes total sense...Offensive line is decimated, and even if half of the starters end up playing, we'll need depth just incase. Mack Brown has looked good at times, but he is a 4th string RB and this is what happens when injuries mount. For those who are mad that he was cut, please understand that the lack of a run game is not solely on the RBs. If Mack Brown started, he would too have to be dodging defenders in the backfield.

I'd like to see them run out of the spread more. The predictable HB dives on 1st down just don't work, especially when you are expecting guys like Jordan Reed and Terrelle Pryor to seal defenders.

15 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

These moves makes total sense...Offensive line is decimated, and even if half of the starters end up playing, we'll need depth just incase. Mack Brown has looked good at times, but he is a 4th string RB and this is what happens when injuries mount. For those who are mad that he was cut, please understand that the lack of a run game is not solely on the RBs. If Mack Brown started, he would too have to be dodging defenders in the backfield.

I'd like to see them run out of the spread more. The predictable HB dives on 1st down just don't work, especially when you are expecting guys like Jordan Reed and Terrelle Pryor to seal defenders.

This also explains why Foster was put on IR. They needed to IR him so they could sign 2 OL because TWill and Long and are definitely out and Scherff may not play or at least might not finish.

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

Bolster the offensive line. Good job.  

Mack Brown was expendable. 

Rob Kelley was undrafted for a reason. 

I have a feeling that Rob Kelley is soon to be known as Rob Gruden. 

Hey worked for Ryan Grant. Since Scot called him that he’s broken out a bit. Maybe that will help Kelley if that’s his nickname! Lol xD?  

Archived