Redskins sign Orlando Franklin & Arie Kouandijo, Cut Mack Brown

turtle28

12 hours ago, mike23md said:

Grant has not broken out, he has actually played his position. Like I said in the Pryor thread, Trade Pryor and Move Grant to the outside. Crowder in the slot. 

I said “a little bit.” Come on man... 

I think with Pryor, Gruden is asking him to do too much. Gruden is asking him to be the great intermediate and deep route runner that Djax was and he’s not there yet, and may never be because he wasted his whole college career and 5 years in the NFL trying to be a qb.  He should have moved to wr as a freshman at OSU and by now he would have been developed as a wr.

They need to watch last year’s CLE film and see what Pryor did well there and have him run exclusively those routes and throw him a quick pass at the line of scrimmage when the defender is off - like we did once vs the Rams - so he can get up field quick and use his size/speed to try to beat the smaller corner for a big gain. 

Go routes, Post routes, drag routes, drift routes, crossing routes, screens, quick slants and what I mentioned before is how we should use him.

We should not be asking him to run precise in breaking routes or outes, no bench routes, SLGO’s or anything even more complicated than those. Pryor just isn’t a sharp enough route runner at those routes, so why ask him to run them? It’s a waste!

We saw what he did vs Marcus Peters in the Chiefs game. Have him run those types of routes, at least it takes one defender away from Reed, Davis and Crowder and may take 2 if the FS is worried about Pryor getting behind him. We can use him as a decoy that we throw deep to once or twice a game which, will open up more things underneath for our real weapons.

23 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I said “a little bit.” Come on man... 

I think with Pryor, Gruden is asking him to do too much. Gruden is asking him to be the great intermediate and deep route runner that Djax was and he’s not there yet, and may never be because he wasted his whole college career and 5 years in the NFL trying to be a qb.  He should have moved to wr as a freshman at OSU and by now he would have been developed as a wr.

They need to watch last year’s CLE film and see what Pryor did well there and have him run exclusively those routes and throw him a quick pass at the line of scrimmage when the defender is off - like we did once vs the Rams - so he can get up field quick and use his size/speed to try to beat the smaller corner for a big gain. 

Go routes, Post routes, drag routes, drift routes, crossing routes, screens, quick slants and what I mentioned before is how we should use him.

We should not be asking him to run precise in breaking routes or outes, no bench routes, SLGO’s or anything even more complicated than those. Pryor just isn’t a sharp enough route runner at those routes, so why ask him to run them? It’s a waste!

We saw what he did vs Marcus Peters in the Chiefs game. Have him run those types of routes, at least it takes one defender away from Reed, Davis and Crowder and may take 2 if the FS is worried about Pryor getting behind him. We can use him as a decoy that we throw deep to once or twice a game which, will open up more things underneath for our real weapons.

Pryor is getting paid too much to be a distraction route runner. I would rather watch film on how Antonio Brown is being used and try to emulate that. 

As far as I am concerned:

mdn.gif

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Pryor is getting paid too much to be a distraction route runner. I would rather watch film on how Antonio Brown is being used and try to emulate that. 

As far as I am concerned:

mdn.gif

That really doesn’t matter now. It is what it is, and I didn’t say that’s all he’s be used for. They need to get the ball in giant hands quickly and let him try to create and try to throw some crossing patterns to him along with a few deep pases a game where he can use his size and athleticism to fight for the ball.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That really doesn’t matter now. It is what it is, and I didn’t say that’s all he’s be used for. They need to get the ball in giant hands quickly and let him try to create and try to throw some crossing patterns to him along with a few deep pases a game where he can use his size and athleticism to fight for the ball.

Cause that has worked sooooo well. 

Frankly his best position right now is on the trade block. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He doesn't want to cross the middle of the field and take the hit.

• 3 weeks later...

I get it, but let’s not forget what he did in Cle last year. He certainly did go across the middle on slants and crossing patterns  for the Browns. Heck, he scored against Norman on a crossing pattern I believe if I remember correctly, he just needs more targets. Both he and Doctson aren’t going to improve if they’re not going to get more than a few targets a game.

Archived