Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

30 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

Firing Shanahan would be really shocking.  Think back to the carnival that 49ers coaching has been in between him and Jim Harbaugh, can't imagine there is much appetite for trying again. Plus if you want to make an excuse they've had injury luck that's about as bad as it gets.  I don't know much about SF ownership, but if it's anything close to the McCaskeys they're probably still thrilled about that Super Bowl and just relieved it's not a Mike Tomsula situation. 

I think the 9ers ownership are much more ambitious than the McCaskey's...they will make more aggressive moves...I would be pretty surprised as well if they moved on from Shanahan bit that record should be a concern to them especially in that division and with not a lot of draft ammo coming up.

Really looking forward to the Seahawks vs. Steelers game tonight...Seattle are down to their 2nd string QB...3rd & 4th string RB...missing their Jet receiver...if that offence can still move the ball against a tough Steelers D then it only solidifies my thoughts on Waldron making a ton of sense to match up with Fields...

Waldron would be my #1 choice if we are looking to mix and match...Daboll will have his pick of the openings and will take all his own guys (my money is on Jax) but if Pace keeps his job and we want to also keep Desai then Waldron in as a HC would make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Waldron would be my #1 choice if we are looking to mix and match...Daboll will have his pick of the openings and will take all his own guys (my money is on Jax) but if Pace keeps his job and we want to also keep Desai then Waldron in as a HC would make a lot of sense.

giphy-downsized.gif

Just now, CBears019 said:

Looking like Matt Campbell can be taken off of this list.  I read that he’s the favorite to take over the LSU job after this year.  I ain’t mad about that one bit.

Agreed...never really saw the fascination with him...if we were to go with a college guy I would take a proper long shot on Billy Napier...another guy who was linked with that LSU job.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Looking like Matt Campbell can be taken off of this list.  I read that he’s the favorite to take over the LSU job after this year.  I ain’t mad about that one bit.

(when I first read this, I read too quickly and thought you said Dan Campbell. That guy better figure it out or his *** will be the strength and conditioning coach for a division 2 school next year)

I haven't read that anywhere. In fact with how Campbell lets recruits come to him, LSU may not be the spot for him. I'd love for him to the Bears coach. All business, delegates to coordinators, players love playing for him

I think Jimbo Fisher and Mel Tucker are the favorites there

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Whatever the excuses this offense blows and has blown for 3 years with many different QBs 

I am Not sure what Nagy’s argument will be at the end of the season.

So far this season the 19th best offence in the NFL in total yards are averaging 100 yards per game more than us...the 19th!!!...

There are zero excuses left for Nagy at this point...dude has to go.

14 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Agreed...never really saw the fascination with him...if we were to go with a college guy I would take a proper long shot on Billy Napier...another guy who was linked with that LSU job.

the facination with campbell is he has taken guys that have been overlooked or not as talented and coached them to a point that they can compete with most teams. he's like bizzaro-meyer - whereas meyer went from having all the talent and beating people to similar talent and not beating anyone. the point with campbell is "look what he's doing with less talent in college, imagine what he could do if he has a similarly talent team as his opponent"

matt rhule having success in carolina helps build campbell's case

11 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Whatever the excuses this offense blows and has blown for 3 years with many different QBs 

I am Not sure what Nagy’s argument will be at the end of the season.

His excuse will probably be something to do with the offensive line injuries..if that would even make much of any difference considering both Jenkins and Borom are relatively unknowns and Ifedi is just average.

Bottom line is whether you give him all the talent in the world or not Nagy has still proven he cannot adapt properly and is constantly lost and searching for answers on offense.  This should not be happening 4 years in to a job when that is supposed to be your strength.

I knew Nagy sucked after his second year.  It's was obvious he was in over his head.  That the Bears ownership has not realized this earlier is troubling. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

the facination with campbell is he has taken guys that have been overlooked or not as talented and coached them to a point that they can compete with most teams. he's like bizzaro-meyer - whereas meyer went from having all the talent and beating people to similar talent and not beating anyone. the point with campbell is "look what he's doing with less talent in college, imagine what he could do if he has a similarly talent team as his opponent"

matt rhule having success in carolina helps build campbell's case

You could make that argument for a ton of college coaches though...if we go down that road why aren't we going after Luke Fickell who has done that at an even higher level? I just don't think a college coach is the way to go.

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You could make that argument for a ton of college coaches though...if we go down that road why aren't we going after Luke Fickell who has done that at an even higher level? I just don't think a college coach is the way to go.

I'm all for hiring the best candidate whether from college or NFL but I agree the learning curve coming from college to the NFL seems like it would be high.

It's hard enough as it is for NFL assistants/coordinators to have success when they become an NFL head coach.

If you're going to go the college head coach route then you better make sure the staff coming with him has extensive experience and a track record of success in developing/coordinating NFL talent at the NFL level.

What this team needs is a leader of men who has shown that he can successfully coordinate one side of the ball and develop a specific position group  and also who has the ability/humility to delegate those responsibilities to qualified and bright enough people.

Out of the realistic coaching candidates right now, who fits that bill?

Edited by topwop1

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm all for hiring the best candidate whether from college or NFL but I agree the learning curve coming from college to the NFL seems like it would be high.

It's hard enough as it is for NFL assistants/coordinators to have success when they become an NFL head coach.

If you're going to go the college head coach route then you better make sure the staff coming with him has extensive experience and a track record of success in developing/coordinating NFL talent at the NFL level.

What this team needs is a leader of men who has shown that he can successfully coordinate one side of the ball and develop a specific position group  and also who has the ability/humility to delegate those responsibilities to qualified and bright enough people.

Out of the realistic coaching candidates right now, who fits that bill?

Truthfully...Daboll...and only really Daboll...loads of other guys out there especially on the offensive side of the ball which for me is a must have questions marks either around experience, leadership or how much of a hand they are having in the success.

• Like 2