Week 4 GDT: Washington "Football" Team at Atlanta Falcons, 1 PM EST Fox (GIF Theme: Marvel)

MikeT14

This Falcons game would be a huge win for us. It would put us at 2-2 w/ 2-0 in conference & 1-0 inside division.

We're gonna need that with the slew of games coming up...

Saints, Chiefs, packers, broncos, Bucs, Carolina & seattle

If we can somehow win 3 of the Saints, Packers, Bucs, Panthers & Seahawks games?

That would put us at least 5-6 heading to the Raiders & the 5 Division games in a row down the stretch.

Hopefully, we can do it. I know it's early, but we need this Falcons game, if we're gonna be a playoff team.

15 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

This Falcons game would be a huge win for us. It would put us at 2-2 w/ 2-0 in conference & 1-0 inside division.

We're gonna need that with the slew of games coming up...

Saints, Chiefs, packers, broncos, Bucs, Carolina & seattle

If we can somehow win 3 of the Saints, Packers, Bucs, Panthers & Seahawks games?

That would put us at least 5-6 heading to the Raiders & the 5 Division games in a row down the stretch.

Hopefully, we can do it. I know it's early, but we need this Falcons game, if we're gonna be a playoff team.

Definitely true. We need this Falcons game big time! 

We do seems to have issues w/ Atlanta and especially winning in Atlanta so, I’m worried about this game.

https://washingtonfootballwire.usatoday.com/2021/10/01/the-series-history-between-washington-football-team-and-the-atlanta-falcons/

“The Falcons won a 1994 game against a terrible Washington team quarterbacked by John Friesz and Heath Shuler. The two teams didn’t meet again until 2003 when Washington defeated the Falcons without quarterback Michael Vick.

That would be the last time Washington defeated Atlanta. Since that last win, the Falcons are 6-0 against Washington, with Matt Ryan around for five of those wins.

Atlanta has won three of those meetings by double digits, while one score separated the other three games. The last time these franchises met was in 2018 when the Falcons gave Washington its most lopsided loss of the series, 38-14. Ryan passed for 350 yards and four touchdowns on that day, beating Alex Smith and Washington.”

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Definitely true. We need this Falcons game big time! 

We do seems to have issues w/ Atlanta and especially winning in Atlanta so, I’m worried about this game.

https://washingtonfootballwire.usatoday.com/2021/10/01/the-series-history-between-washington-football-team-and-the-atlanta-falcons/

“The Falcons won a 1994 game against a terrible Washington team quarterbacked by John Friesz and Heath Shuler. The two teams didn’t meet again until 2003 when Washington defeated the Falcons without quarterback Michael Vick.

That would be the last time Washington defeated Atlanta. Since that last win, the Falcons are 6-0 against Washington, with Matt Ryan around for five of those wins.

Atlanta has won three of those meetings by double digits, while one score separated the other three games. The last time these franchises met was in 2018 when the Falcons gave Washington its most lopsided loss of the series, 38-14. Ryan passed for 350 yards and four touchdowns on that day, beating Alex Smith and Washington.”

Yes, I know we don't do well vs Atlanta & they always seem to have our #. Not to mention, they're coming off their 1st win vs the lowly Giants.

That being said...Curtis Samuels is playing, so that should open things up even more for our Offense.

If our Defense comes out pissed off & plays to their potential as they should? This is a game we can & should win.

Matt Ryan doesn't move around well at all, so any kind of pressure would be huge.

All that said, I think this game is decided by turnovers. If we can win the turnover battle & capitalize like we should?

I think we can win this game.

I'm hoping this is our "get right" game. If it is?

The next 6 games are going to be very interesting and will show us what this team is made of.

If we lose to Atlanta?

I think we're looking at a top 5 draft pick, quite honestly. Cause the schedule is brutal the rest of the way. Hell, even the Raiders, Broncos & Panthers games no longer look like gimmes.

But lose to Atlanta? The moral will be at its lowest point, at the worst possible time schedule wise.

This Falcons game, is the 1st big game of the season, imo.

• Like 1