Week 4 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

I won’t pick the Cards to beat the Rams until I actually see it. McVay has never lost to the Cards. He is (8-0) since he became the head coach of the Rams. Besides Week 17 of the 2019 season when the Rams had nothing to play for because they were already eliminated from playoff contention every game against the Cards under McVay have been by double digit points. Last season was the Cards best shot to beat the Rams when the Rams started Wofford at QB and the Rams still won by 11pts.

Now fast forward to this season the Rams have the best team under McVay with Stafford as QB. Sofi Stadium is already showing to be a crazy environment and so the Rams have a true home field advantage. I think the Rams win and they might roll. Yes the Cards have the best team they have had in years but I just don’t trust Kingsbury to come in and out coach McVay. The talent level is at worst equal but I think the Rams have more talent than the Cards. So I think not only the Rams cover the spread but they win once again by double digits. Stafford and Kupp connection stays on fire. I expect Higbee or Woods to have a strong game to compliment what Kupp does too. 

On defense I think Donald get his and I think Ramsey continue to shine in his matchup against Hopkins since both moved to the NFCW. 

• Like 2

A lot to take away from this game, first I think it’s gonna be a close game. Like a touchdown or less. And second I wouldn’t totally mind if we lost here.

let’s be honest our goal is to win a chip, nothing else. So we don’t want the pressure of a undefeated season looming only to lose and shake our confidence near the end. 

Second, contrary to what I said before. I think we match up pretty well with these guys. Obviously any given Sunday is a thing and we gotta lose some time, but I have more confidence against these guys then I do the 49ers or Seahawks. 

Ramsey has proven he owns Hopkins, Donald normally roughs that line up and I do believe they are missing a few pieces…So I see Donald getting two sacks. And overall the defense doing well. 

the thing that scares me is the status of Henderson and our run game, we cannot be one dimensional, these may be the best pass rushers we have faced to date. Chandler Jones and Watt could pin their ears back and say screw the run if we don’t pound that rock early and often.

with all that I will say we win this game 31-27. Our defense keeps the streak of no 30 point teams on us.

15 hours ago, Riftty said:

A lot to take away from this game, first I think it’s gonna be a close game. Like a touchdown or less. And second I wouldn’t totally mind if we lost here.

let’s be honest our goal is to win a chip, nothing else. So we don’t want the pressure of a undefeated season looming only to lose and shake our confidence near the end. 

Second, contrary to what I said before. I think we match up pretty well with these guys. Obviously any given Sunday is a thing and we gotta lose some time, but I have more confidence against these guys then I do the 49ers or Seahawks. 

Ramsey has proven he owns Hopkins, Donald normally roughs that line up and I do believe they are missing a few pieces…So I see Donald getting two sacks. And overall the defense doing well. 

the thing that scares me is the status of Henderson and our run game, we cannot be one dimensional, these may be the best pass rushers we have faced to date. Chandler Jones and Watt could pin their ears back and say screw the run if we don’t pound that rock early and often.

with all that I will say we win this game 31-27. Our defense keeps the streak of no 30 point teams on us.

I don’t want to lose to a division rival, especially since it’s the toughest division in football. Plus we need to prove that we can remain focused after a big win, because come playoff time, there’s going to be nothing but big games. 

We don’t have to win big, just win the game with everyone intact. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

I don’t want to lose to a division rival, especially since it’s the toughest division in football. Plus we need to prove that we can remain focused after a big win, because come playoff time, there’s going to be nothing but big games. 

We don’t have to win big, just win the game with everyone intact. 

I agree I hate the narrative of “a team have to lose a game just to get it out of their system”. That suggests that the team can easily be distracted. The Rams went (8-0) to start the 2018 season and their first lost came in New Orleans in a shoot out that I believe should’ve been a win had the refs not made a few questionable calls that went the Saints way. Had the Rams won they would’ve kept on winning till they lost their first game in Chicago. So the Rams would’ve started (12-0). It didn’t effect them at all because McVay is a great coach and the Rams aren’t full of themselves as a team. They work so hard and play the right way. That’s what I love about this team. 

I definitely don’t want the Rams to lose this game. I don’t want the Rams to give the Cards any confidence at all. They are (0-8) against the Rams under McVay. Kingsbury/Murray are (0-4). Hopkins is playing hurt so their best player isn’t even at full strength as opposed to Ramsey who is. If the Cards win they can finally get that monkey off their back of not being able to beat McVay while also saying they did it with a hurt Hopkins. That’s how a team starts a winning streak because of that one break through win and confidence. I don’t want that. Plus this game is a big divisional game not just in terms of the division but both teams are (3-0) so the overall conference seeding. Again I don’t want the Rams to lose and thus if they do I won’t be ok with it. Not saying the Cards can’t win or that they aren’t a strong team this year. I’m just saying I won’t just be ok with the Rams losing. We are better than that as a team. If we play even remotely at our best we will win this game. 

• Like 1

Oh and a side note is we know Goff best games come against the Cards. No matter what the season look like for Goff or if he is coming off a bad game or a bad stretch of games the Cards are that one team he used to just torture every time. I think the media is already thinking about that just in case Stafford doesn’t have a great game and lose. But I expect Stafford to ball out. Cousins picked a part the Cards defense and the Jags at one point in the 3rd was beating the Cards. The Cards finally have a step up in competition and we will see how good of a team they really are bc technically they should be (2-1) had the Vikings kicker made an NFL easy 37yd kick. I can’t blame Cousins bc he played sensational and led the team in position to win only to have the kicker miss. So I like the Cards as a team but we will see how good they really are this Sunday against easily their toughest game all season long when you factor in opponent and traveling to Sofi for the first time with the stadium packed with fans. That environment is loud and crazy. The Bears and Bucs didn’t know what hit them and the Cards won’t either. 

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Oh and a side note is we know Goff best games come against the Cards. No matter what the season look like for Goff or if he is coming off a bad game or a bad stretch of games the Cards are that one team he used to just torture every time. I think the media is already thinking about that just in case Stafford doesn’t have a great game and lose. 

This is why I expect a win. McVay kills this defense with Goff so with Stafford it should be the same. The only thing I worry about is if the Cards defensive line can make plays to force turnovers. 

I think this is going to be a really fun game to watch. There's just so many playmakers and stars on both sides of the field for both teams. Kyler Murray is a fun QB to watch, the way he runs around and makes things happen. And the Rams offense, of course, has been high-powered this season.

• Like 1