Week 4 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I agree. It’s why I keep saying I’m worried if we’re going to still have the same inconsistency at QB that Goff had. Even if it’s less often. We could be on fire and then lose a playoff game simply because Stafford had another off day where he missed wide open guys. There’s too many excuses flying around. It has nothing to do with adjusting to Jackson’s speed. He missed Kupp ALL game long. Again, it’s one game but if it becomes a routine thing every 3-4 games then it’s over. 

Youre one of the more even keeled posters on here man lol come on. He's played 4 games in this system. He's looked MVP caliber in 3 out of 4. He had no preseason and learned an entirely new system. Let's pump the breaks  on comparing his inconsistencies to Goff and saying things like "then it's over".

He had a poor game vs an undefeated team coming off a big win. It will be fine. Tranquilo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

My question is, how did Brady look the first half of the season last year with the Bucs? He wasn’t great especially against great defenses like the Saints, Rams, Bears, and the first half against the Chargers and Chiefs. They had their BYE late in the season and then played cupcake teams that’s when he and that offense got hot and started to roll. He looked like the QB they thought they were getting all the way till they won the SB. But before the BYE especially the first month or so of the season Brady looked like an upgraded version of Winston. That is to say he was throwing a lot of picks, didn’t remember what down it was on the potential game winning drive on a prime time game and against the Rams he had an illegal forward pass.

So again it’s four games, if it took Brady the GOAT time to adjust to a new offense and new players and new environment then Stafford isn’t going to be any different although Stafford looks light years better than Brady did through the first 4 games with his new team. I think it’s just overreaction from a loss which many fans always do.

You’re still missing the point. It has NOTHING to do with chemistry or anything. No matter what I say you will find an excuse lol I appreciate your optimism every year but It’s simply about missing throws. He wasn’t under much pressure either. It’s not an overreaction. I’m not saying he sucks. I’m not saying it’s panic time. I’m not saying anything except that if he has these inconsistent games every few games where he misses easy open throws then there’s no point of getting my hopes up. I’m not saying he has to be AWESOME every week.. but make the throws that are open and throws he makes most days. He needs to be average at best with little turnovers. It’s what we always asked of Goff and he was sent away because he was good and then average and then HORRIBLE. It was a vicious cycle. The whole TEAM played bad aside from 2-3 players. Let’s call it an outlier, but if it happens again or every 3-4 weeks then it’s worth starting to worry. 

I have very high hopes for stafford.. already got my speed flex helmet signed by him. I truly think he is THE guy. However, he needs to show up or be average at worst. I have no doubt AT ALL they will rebound.. especially him. But let’s keep it going. I said it before, by the bye week, we will know who this team is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Youre one of the more even keeled posters on here man lol come on. He's played 4 games in this system. He's looked MVP caliber in 3 out of 4. He had no preseason and learned an entirely new system. Let's pump the breaks  on comparing his inconsistencies to Goff and saying things like "then it's over".

He had a poor game vs an undefeated team coming off a big win. It will be fine. Tranquilo.

Maybe I’m not saying what I want to say correctly lol I’m ALL In on Stafford. I think I’m worried because before the game I was already nervous they wouldn’t show up after a big win. I was already expecting a disaster vs Arizona. Call it a lucky guess but I expected it. He will rebound.. I think I’m coming off as a someone who is already saying he is inconsistent. Im just trying to say if this is something that happens every few weeks then it’s not good.. mainly because we just had someone that did that. Im fully expecting a good rebound and simply hoping this wasn’t something that will be seen often. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I've been very pleased at how Stafford has played besides Arizona, but it was a concerning game. The fact that the passing game was that out of sync with a very functional rushing attack is a problem. If we get to later in the year and it is an outlier, then that is great. I hope that is the case. But it is definitely a concern that these outlier games will pop up more and more. The good news is we have 5 straight games against either bad defenses, or bad teams.

And as you definitely know, it is very easy to look like an MVP caliber player for stretches during the year. 

• Like 2

Just now, LeotheLion said:

I've been very pleased at how Stafford has played besides Arizona, but it was a concerning game. The fact that the passing game was that out of sync with a very functional rushing attack is a problem. If we get to later in the year and it is an outlier, then that is great. I hope that is the case. But it is definitely a concern that these outlier games will pop up more and more. The good news is we have 5 straight games against either bad defenses, or bad teams.

And as you definitely know, it is very easy to look like an MVP caliber player for stretches during the year. 

I wouldn’t even mind if we started off bad and got rolling as the year went on and as they built chemistry. The weird part about all of this was how hot they started and how good the chemistry was to just simply start missing throws all day long. And it was the first time we had a running game too. I think some of us, myself included, are terrified of these inconsistencies appearing because of the past few seasons. It scarred us 😂

i’ll be honest though I think The offense will be just fine.. i’m more worried about the defense right now. I hope they take pride in themselves and never let someone walk all over them again or else it won’t matter what the offense does. 

This might sound crazy but I’m still expecting that first round bye. I really think it’s possible. 

15 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I wouldn’t even mind if we started off bad and got rolling as the year went on and as they built chemistry. The weird part about all of this was how hot they started and how good the chemistry was to just simply start missing throws all day long. And it was the first time we had a running game too. I think some of us, myself included, are terrified of these inconsistencies appearing because of the past few seasons. It scarred us 😂

i’ll be honest though I think The offense will be just fine.. i’m more worried about the defense right now. I hope they take pride in themselves and never let someone walk all over them again or else it won’t matter what the offense does. 

This might sound crazy but I’m still expecting that first round bye. I really think it’s possible. 

I'm under the impression that at best, the defense this year will never be dominant so it will be up to the offense to pull more of the weight. I think the potential is there for them to do that and we've seen it this year. So yes, I am more concerned about the defense but I just don't see an avenue for them to be a top 5 defense. If they are top 10 I'd be ecstatic. The offense has elite potential so I have higher expectations since they will be the biggest factor in how far the team goes.

55 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

You’re still missing the point. It has NOTHING to do with chemistry or anything. No matter what I say you will find an excuse lol I appreciate your optimism every year but It’s simply about missing throws. He wasn’t under much pressure either. It’s not an overreaction. I’m not saying he sucks. I’m not saying it’s panic time. I’m not saying anything except that if he has these inconsistent games every few games where he misses easy open throws then there’s no point of getting my hopes up. I’m not saying he has to be AWESOME every week.. but make the throws that are open and throws he makes most days. He needs to be average at best with little turnovers. It’s what we always asked of Goff and he was sent away because he was good and then average and then HORRIBLE. It was a vicious cycle. The whole TEAM played bad aside from 2-3 players. Let’s call it an outlier, but if it happens again or every 3-4 weeks then it’s worth starting to worry. 

I have very high hopes for stafford.. already got my speed flex helmet signed by him. I truly think he is THE guy. However, he needs to show up or be average at worst. I have no doubt AT ALL they will rebound.. especially him. But let’s keep it going. I said it before, by the bye week, we will know who this team is. 

It has everything to do with chemistry. Real live NFL game speed is crazy fast. You cant simulate that in practice. The Rams didnt play their starters at all in the preseason. I remember when Brady was with the Pats and as great as they was even Belichick playing his starters in the preseason he still took the first month of the NFL regular season to feel things out for his team. Thats the main reason the Pats used to start off slowly. They would normally go (3-1) and (2-2) and have some eyebrow raising losses and people would panic. Then in after the first month the Pats would get on a roll and find themselves back in the AFCCG and the SB. 

I get some are having Goff flashbacks or trying to look at Stafford situation in Detroit. Its totally different imo. I think what is was we was spoiled the first 3 weeks and then this happened Week 4 now we think its going to happen like this every few games. Again dont just assume. I try not too. Its like when Watkins was traded to the Rams and he didnt statistically do well then Cooks was traded to the Rams, people automatically assumed that since Cooks was taking over the role of Watkins he would produce the same results. I told people no he wouldnt. I told people Cooks would thrive in McVay system and I was right. The first two years Cooks was amazing. He only stopped being great bc of injury. So again dont assume the Rams offense will look like it did in 2019 bc you are going to be dead wrong. Stafford right now is still learning the system and trying to get on the same page with all his weapons. DJax just got here and so has Michel. Henderson before camp wasnt even the starting back. Now he is the starting back. There is a new OL lineup from last season. The defense has a new DC and a bunch of young players who are playing an even bigger role than they did last season. Again it takes time and the first month of the season is the wrong time to panic. If this was Week 8 or Week 10 and we saw inconsistencies then yes be concerned but not after 4 weeks especially after one loss. 

36 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It has everything to do with chemistry. Real live NFL game speed is crazy fast. You cant simulate that in practice. The Rams didnt play their starters at all in the preseason. I remember when Brady was with the Pats and as great as they was even Belichick playing his starters in the preseason he still took the first month of the NFL regular season to feel things out for his team. Thats the main reason the Pats used to start off slowly. They would normally go (3-1) and (2-2) and have some eyebrow raising losses and people would panic. Then in after the first month the Pats would get on a roll and find themselves back in the AFCCG and the SB. 

I get some are having Goff flashbacks or trying to look at Stafford situation in Detroit. Its totally different imo. I think what is was we was spoiled the first 3 weeks and then this happened Week 4 now we think its going to happen like this every few games. Again dont just assume. I try not too. Its like when Watkins was traded to the Rams and he didnt statistically do well then Cooks was traded to the Rams, people automatically assumed that since Cooks was taking over the role of Watkins he would produce the same results. I told people no he wouldnt. I told people Cooks would thrive in McVay system and I was right. The first two years Cooks was amazing. He only stopped being great bc of injury. So again dont assume the Rams offense will look like it did in 2019 bc you are going to be dead wrong. Stafford right now is still learning the system and trying to get on the same page with all his weapons. DJax just got here and so has Michel. Henderson before camp wasnt even the starting back. Now he is the starting back. There is a new OL lineup from last season. The defense has a new DC and a bunch of young players who are playing an even bigger role than they did last season. Again it takes time and the first month of the season is the wrong time to panic. If this was Week 8 or Week 10 and we saw inconsistencies then yes be concerned but not after 4 weeks especially after one loss. 

Again…. I’m not saying I THINK it’ll happen. I’m saying I HOPE it doesn’t. I can find cases where things happen every single year with other teams and apply it to LA This year. I’m not comparing stafford to Brady. I don’t get all the comparisons you’re bringing up. I just HOPE we don’t have to deal with inconsistent play. I don’t know how else to say it. It’s one thing to lose.. it’s another to get blown out at home to a division rival. Of course that’ll be cause for SOME kind of discomfort.. and before you say it.. I know the Bucs got blown out by the Saints at home last year. But I’m not comparing LA to Tampa or Stafford to Brady. I’m not even being negative at all, doesn’t everyone HOPE last week isn’t a consistent thing??

49 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Again…. I’m not saying I THINK it’ll happen. I’m saying I HOPE it doesn’t. I can find cases where things happen every single year with other teams and apply it to LA This year. I’m not comparing stafford to Brady. I don’t get all the comparisons you’re bringing up. I just HOPE we don’t have to deal with inconsistent play. I don’t know how else to say it. It’s one thing to lose.. it’s another to get blown out at home to a division rival. Of course that’ll be cause for SOME kind of discomfort.. and before you say it.. I know the Bucs got blown out by the Saints at home last year. But I’m not comparing LA to Tampa or Stafford to Brady. I’m not even being negative at all, doesn’t everyone HOPE last week isn’t a consistent thing??

The Seahawks got blown out in 2017 at home to the Rams. It was their worst home loss I think in franchise history definitely in the Carroll/Wilson era. The Pats got blown out at home in 2017 to the Chiefs Week 1 and the Pats were coming off a SB victory. We’ve seen the Saints get blown out and look flat at home to the Falcons back in 2019 and we know that season the Saints ended up (13-3) and the Falcons ended up (7-9). So please don’t act like what just happened to the Rams has never happened to any good to great team before at home especially by a divisional opponent. It happens. Plus the Cards are proving to be a dangerous team. When Murray is healthy and plays dating back to last season is (10-3) and now he has more weapons to work with in Green and Moore plus he is more comfortable in the system and the NFL. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the Rams the Cards are going to be tough out. They are going to be a tough out for all 31 teams in the NFL with a healthy Murray and those weapons. So again I wouldn’t even be slightly concerned. If what we saw Week 4 has happened two or three more times entering the BYE in Week 11 then we can have cause for concern and discuss everything you are saying but right now its just one game and we should just say… ON TO SEATTLE!!! 

Edited by stl4life07

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Seahawks got blown out in 2017 at home to the Rams. It was their worst home loss I think in franchise history definitely in the Carroll/Wilson era. The Pats got blown out at home in 2017 to the Chiefs Week 1 and the Pats were coming off a SB victory. We’ve seen the Saints get blown out and look flat at home to the Falcons back in 2019 and we know that season the Saints ended up (13-3) and the Falcons ended up (7-9). So please don’t act like what just happened to the Rams has never happened to any good to great team before at home especially by a divisional opponent. It happens. Plus the Cards are proving to be a dangerous team. When Murray is healthy and plays dating back to last season is (10-3) and now he has more weapons to work with in Green and Moore plus he is more comfortable in the system and the NFL. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the Rams the Cards are going to be tough out. They are going to be a tough out for all 31 teams in the NFL with a healthy Murray and those weapons. So again I wouldn’t even be slightly concerned. If what we saw Week 4 has happened two or three more times entering the BYE in Week 11 then we can have cause for concern and discuss everything you are saying but right now its just one game and we should just say… ON TO SEATTLE!!! 

I give up man lol I truly don’t know how else to put it. You’re not understanding a word I’m saying. I don’t care about other teams or other years. This is 2021 with the LA Rams. I VERY SIMPLY am saying I hope it doesn’t happen again or else I’d be worried. I don’t think it will. I just hope it does not. Talking about other teams is pointless.. anything can happen. We still don’t know.. we could simply never win again for the rest of the year or never lose again. We don’t know what this team is yet BECAUSE of the turnaround that you speak of. It’s not insane for someone to cringe a little after a damn blow out. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I give up man lol I truly don’t know how else to put it. You’re not understanding a word I’m saying. I don’t care about other teams or other years. This is 2021 with the LA Rams. I VERY SIMPLY am saying I hope it doesn’t happen again or else I’d be worried. I don’t think it will. I just hope it does not. Talking about other teams is pointless.. anything can happen. We still don’t know.. we could simply never win again for the rest of the year or never lose again. We don’t know what this team is yet BECAUSE of the turnaround that you speak of. It’s not insane for someone to cringe a little after a damn blow out. 

I hear you. We made this trade to win a Super Bowl. It is definitely concerning to see what Stafford looks like when he's off. All we can do is hope that he gets off games out of his system before the playoffs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hear you. We made this trade to win a Super Bowl. It is definitely concerning to see what Stafford looks like when he's off. All we can do is hope that he gets off games out of his system before the playoffs.

Definitely. To be able to heat up at the right time and go into the playoffs hot would be a dream. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I get what you are saying as well. I hope alot of things doesnt happen. I hope Henderson and Michel doesnt get hurt. I hope Kupp doesnt get hurt like he did in 2018 and last season where he missed the playoffs. I hope DJax stays healthy. I hope Floyd can play like he did last season and not like he did all of his time in Chicago. All Im saying is we shouldnt go from last week saying the Rams are the best team in football bc they were (3-0) and just beat the Bucs convincingly to losing in a bad fashion the next week and now having doubts about this could happen again just like it did in 2019 which feels like ages ago now. You and others can cringe a little but Im not.

No matter what type of team we have we know the NFL season is long and so there will be ups and downs. I truly believe that if the Rams stay relatively healthy we will be there at the end competing for a championship. A week 4 blowout loss doesnt make me cringe and it certainly dont make me change my mind one bit. In short all Im saying is if you believed in the Rams before the season started then (3-1) through four weeks shouldnt change your mind about them. Dont get too high after a win or too low after a loss. I dont care if the Rams lost by 1 or 50 its still one loss. Rams still are tied for the second best record in not just the NFC but all of the NFL with only the Cards having the better record and we will see them again in Arizona this season to get payback. Again Im not concerned or even cringing lol. Not saying you or anyone is insane to do so but to me its wasted energy at this point early in the season lol. 

Edited by stl4life07

7 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I get what you are saying as well. I hope alot of things doesnt happen. I hope Henderson and Michel doesnt get hurt. I hope Kupp doesnt get hurt like he did in 2018 and last season where he missed the playoffs. I hope DJax stays healthy. I hope Floyd can play like he did last season and not like he did all of his time in Chicago. All Im saying is we shouldnt go from last week saying the Rams are the best team in football bc they were (3-0) and just beat the Bucs convincingly to losing in a bad fashion the next week and now having doubts about this could happen again just like it did in 2019 which feels like ages ago now. You and others can cringe a little but Im not.

No matter what type of team we have we know the NFL season is long and so there will be ups and downs. I truly believe that if the Rams stay relatively healthy we will be there at the end competing for a championship. A week 4 blowout loss doesnt make me cringe and it certainly dont make me change my mind one bit. In short all Im saying is if you believed in the Rams before the season started then (3-1) through four weeks shouldnt change your mind about them. Dont get too high after a win or too low after a loss. I dont care if the Rams lost by 1 or 50 its still one loss. Rams still are tied for the second best record in not just the NFC but all of the NFL with only the Cards having the better record and we will see them again in Arizona this season to get payback. Again Im not concerned or even cringing lol. Not saying you or anyone is insane to do so but to me its wasted energy at this point early in the season lol. 

I think they’ll be fine as well. It’s all part of being a fan during the season lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

I think they’ll be fine as well. It’s all part of being a fan during the season lol 

Oh I hear you lol. Sorry if I did come across as not understanding bc trust me I definitely understand what you were saying. Its a healthy debate and/or discussion. I was frustrated watching the game myself seeing how easy the Cards went up and down the field on the Rams. I was frustrated watching the game seeing Stafford miss all those wide open passes and that fumble by Michel really had me frustrated. Once the game was over though I took a step back and was like its just one game. Nothing has changed from my belief in this team. But again I do understand and it is definitely part of being a fan during the season. 

• Like 1