Week 4 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

The first half the Rams need to totally forget. The defense looked like the worst defense in the league and I know it isnt. Its the Cards offense that looks spectacular. I knew them signing Green and then drafting the guy I wanted the Rams to draft in Moore would make this offense even harder to defend. Plus Murray being healthy makes him dangerous. All that being said, now way the Rams shouldnt be able to stop 3&16 and 3&14. Those are the plays if the Rams go on to lose we will look at as game breakers along with Michel fumble. I thought McVay got too cute when the Rams were in the redzone that ended up costing the Rams a td and they had to settle for a fg.

On offense, Kupp started off really bad but got things going on the Rams final drive of the half. My question, where in the heck in Woods? I get Kupp has had an MVP type start to the season. I get that DJax is still a dangerous deep threat and just tortured the Bucs. What makes the Rams offense dangerous is they have two interchangeable guys in Kupp and Woods. I realize its going to take some time for Stafford to get in sync with all his weapons and not just Kupp but today would be the day to go to Woods alot especially if Kupp is being heavily focused on and he is off a bit. I do like what Im seeing from Henderson. Keep giving him the ball bc the Cards arent showing they are able to stop him.

In the 2nd half I need the Rams defense to start making stops. Murray is right up there in terms of interceptions so we need to force him into a mistake or two. Rams didnt force Brady into a mistake and so far they havent forced Murray into a mistake. That needs to change if the Rams want to have any shot to get win this game. Ill also add, I hate the NFL rules. That "roughing the passer" was bs. Murray is not only short but he was literally falling to the ground while Floyd who is tall was trying to grab him. It was a bang bang play that from my point of view no defender could avoid. I dont know what Floyd is supposed to do other than not touch Murray at all. Its the equivalent of the NBA where Harden and Young both draw easy fouls on shots that they have no intention of shooting they just throw anything up for a shooting motion to draw a foul and get to the free throw line where both guys are pretty much automatic. At least the NBA will look into that to stop them from doing it. The NFL need to look into plays like this one with Murray and Floyd bc there was nothing Floyd or any defender couldve done to prevent hitting Murray in the helmet other than just not touching him.  

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Horrible. The offense line isn’t playing well either 

and like @Flounchsaid he looks for Kupp too much. Goff was better at spreading the ball around 

They are moving it well on the ground. The pressure is coming from empty. If the defense can tighten up, I think Stafford can turn it around but I don't think both can wake up

Just now, NYRamsFan88 said:

This team is just beating itself today…. Cardinals aren’t really doing anything spectacular…. Missing wide open TDs, turning the ball over…..

I agree. Rams look flat. My thinking is coming off a huge win last Sunday and then looking ahead to another huge game on Thursday at Seattle. Not to mention at home against a team McVay is (8-0) against. I think this game is bigger for Arizona than the Rams and we are seeing that.

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree. Rams look flat. My thinking is coming off a huge win last Sunday and then looking ahead to another huge game on Thursday at Seattle. Not to mention at home against a team McVay is (8-0) against. I think this game is bigger for Arizona than the Rams and we are seeing that.

This isn't it. The Rams started off strong. We are just getting outplayed. Especially at the QB position. 

Edited by LeotheLion

3 minutes ago, Flounch said:

David Long is brutal.....a big mismatch against Green

Entire defense is garbage outside of Jalen and AD. They wouldn’t be able to stop anything today. LA always finds a way to get the fans excited and just embarrass themselves