Week 4 - Rams vs Cardinals

RamRod

54 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

In a few days after I can see this game again I might think differently but it feels like Stafford has a higher ceiling in this offense but might have the same inconsistencies that Goff had. Also that this D is horrible. 

Stafford got off to such an amazing start that I think we might have set expectations too high. He has never been a Patrick Mahomes/Tom Brady/Aaron Rodgers caliber QB. This sort of performance is just part of the deal. He'll have games where he's not sharp.

• Like 1

All I have to say is...ON TO SEATTLE!!!

This is what happens when a team has to look at TNF especially when that game is a big one like Rams at Seahawks will be. Then you add this Cards team looked at the Rams game as huge for them and I think thats why they didnt look all that sharp against the Jags last week. Funny how the NFL and the schedule works. The Cards wanted this game more and the Rams were off in this game after being buttoned up last week against the Bucs. I do feel like the Rams will get Arizona when they play them again this season. Its going to be tough in Seattle but the Rams will be razor focused and I think they will win. Had the Rams won today I wouldve probably felt like the Seahawks game would be a loss. I dont think that now so good luck Russell Wilson. 

When you look at the total team performance here - Michel fumble, Gay missed FG, Stafford and Kupp playing awful, defense atrocious, false starts - just one of those games, similar to the Bucs/Saints last year.

None of those mistakes have really happened yet this year and we made them all in one game.

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

When you look at the total team performance here - Michel fumble, Gay missed FG, Stafford and Kupp playing awful, defense atrocious, false starts - just one of those games, similar to the Bucs/Saints last year.

None of those mistakes have really happened yet this year and we made them all in one game.

I mean, Kupp had a drop (or two?), but the dude also was getting open all day. Stafford missed him on two easy TDs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Except the defense has been bending all year, and Mcvay has abandoned the run too early his entire career. 

Stafford had a bad game. QB have those, but those two things are consistent and are things to worry about moving forward. 

• Like 1

It’s understandable to lose sometimes in a good game.. but to get blown out at home against a division rival is a little concerning to me. Not very.. but if they put together a horrible game like this again then it’s safe to say nothing has changed from the last few years and THEN it’ll be very concerning. 

6 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Congrats man! Kingsbury and Murray are clear favorites for COY and MVP right now.

Murray was legitimately in MVP conversation through the first three weeks of the season after having 9 TDs in the first two weeks - though he only scored once in week 3. Also had over 75% on his completion percentage. Now we're just under a quarter of the way through the season and he has 12 TDs on an undefeated team and he passes the eye test better than almost any other QB in the league, so he has the excitement factor. 

However, I would be remiss if I didn't emphasize the fact that we're still not even a quarter of the way through the season. Things can change. He could stink up the rest of the year. He has 4 INTs in 4 games. Four games in, and it's too early to tell whether or not Kyler will have a great season.

Three weeks is maybe too soon to tell whether or not a QB is gonna have a great year, too.

Heat check kind of game.  I figured eventually Arizona would get one on us and it came at the right time. Coming off a statement win and likely looking ahead to Seattle on TNF.

Rapp and David Long continue to be the weak links of the defense. Morris is not a good DC and that's further compounded by losing someone like Brandon Staley who made halftime adjustments.

Lose the turnover battle, lose the game. Stafford came back down to earth a little, but I put this more on the defense. You get a few stops and changes the game, but 3-1 through 4 weeks is what most of us expected, it just came against a divisional opponent which sucks. On to Seattle.