2021 Week Four GDT Steelers at Packers

Steeler Hitman

Just remember: Bens always willing to shoulder all the blame to the media….

Until you question him more about it that is. “WE” need to reassess how you use Najee? Nah dude, you need to sack up and throw the ball past the sticks. These aren’t Bruce Arians calling a screen on 4th and must in the playoffs against the Jags. These are calls that have an outlet that you are taking IMMEDIATELY.

26 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Just remember: Bens always willing to shoulder all the blame to the media….

Until you question him more about it that is. “WE” need to reassess how you use Najee? Nah dude, you need to sack up and throw the ball past the sticks. These aren’t Bruce Arians calling a screen on 4th and must in the playoffs against the Jags. These are calls that have an outlet that you are taking IMMEDIATELY.

Don’t know who this is but it’s a good snapshot. 

It’s not “we” it’s “Ben”.

Cant wait to hear him forget about the play again come Wednesday. 

• Like 1

Ben’s arm is toast. Zero zip, cant and won’t throw deep, and has the worst accuracy of any QB since Tommy Maddox/Kordell era. He’s a complete statue back there, I’m 90% sure Mason is more mobile than Ben at this point and that’s saying something.

Typically the silver lining of playing with an old QB with such drastic physical limitations is being able to beat defenses with their mind, having complete control of the offense, manipulate defenders etc. Ben is negative in this department.

What are we keeping him on the field for? Those “conversations” between Tomlin and the Rooney’s need to start happening this week. I truly believe we win this game today with Mason instead of Ben.

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Why did we give away a 5th round pick for a CB who can’t get on the field? This feels like Brandin Boykin all overs again.

It made zero ******* sense, especially since there are CBs in free agency.    My only guess is it has something to do with not wanted their comp picks affected in 2022.

12 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Ben basically secured us a spot of dead last in the division and eliminated us from the playoffs today. This needs to be his last year. 

2020 needed to be Bens last year.   

Hell, he shouldve probably retired after jacking up his throwing elbow at 37.

• Like 3

I know it seems crazy to say this considering the volume he’s getting but I think we should lean on Najee and the running game a bit more. If Najee gets 4-5 yards on first down, why not give it to him again. That’s how you get guys like him in a rhythm and have them take over game. The O-Line was fine run blocking today and Najee had 4.1 ypc. He had 15 carries and I think that should’ve been more around 20-25.

We should be using him more like the Titans use Derrick Henry.

looking at other things, because imho the ben conversation is quite tiresome and repetitive tbh - felt like we were rolling every set of downs with a run-pass-pass. one thing to have a dysfunctional offense but when you have a dysfunctional predictable offense it makes it that much easier for the other team

One thing you can count on is if they Steelers pass on 1st down and get an incomplete they will run on 2nd down.  Everyone knows it.  The Packers would stack the LOS after a 1st down incomplete.  But it is nice to us fans so we can be comfortable in knowing what they will run.🙄

Edited by jebrick