2022 Prospects

Tetsujin

Did anyone else see that 99 yard touchdown by Isaiah Likely? He’s a tight end! That’s insane. Here’s a question, if we lose Parker and possibly Preston Williams and/or Gesicki, what would you guys think about drafting Drake London in the second round? He’s really the only taller option in this draft at 6’5” 215, he’s putting up insane numbers right now and I think he could help Tua or whoever the next QB is whoever that may be. I also really like David Bell from Purdue, he’s a great route runner and has prototypical size at 6’2” 205, he’s not gonna be the most explosive receiver but he’s a first down magnet possession receiver. The nfl has shown time and time again that WR’s who can run routes and create space that way, can be successful at a high rate. I wonder if Isaiah Likely could switch to a WR as a pro? Also as far as RB’s go, Tyler Allgeier, Kenneth Walker, Zach Charbonnet, and Breece Hall are some of my favorites. Hopefully we can sign a C and a RT/LG, we would still need help on the defense(NT, ILB, Nickel CB) I know we have Raekwon Davis and I really think it’s made a difference that he’s been injured, he was phenomenal last year and I was really looking forward to wat bing him this year, I love a good 3-4 NT, with that said, Jordan Davis from Georgia, Keondre Coburn from Texas, Travis Jones from UConn, Jerrod Clark from Coastal Carolina, and Cory Durden are my favorites there. I really like Durden as a 3-4 end, he plays violently and explosive, I think he’s being used the wrong way in college but could be very productive in the right place, very versatile not sure about linebackers yet, none of them really excite me, I do love Kuony Dengs size and instincts,  love Mike Roses production, not sure about Devin Lloyd, can’t tell if he’s an OLB or ILB, kind like Merlin Robertson but he seems like 4-3 OLB, Demarvion Overshown and Owen Pappoe just seem boring and light for the position, some dark horses would be Kanai Mauga, Isaiah Moore, Jack Sandborn, and Olakunle  Fatukasi. For CB I like Steve Gilmore, Mykael Wright, D’Jordan Strong, Nehemiah Pritchett, Shaun Jolly, and Zyon McCollum.

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

Trade out!!!!  That's a no brainer IMO.  The only question really is what's the compensation going to be?

this is a very weak QB class, I have big doubts there would be a lot of interest in moving up unless teams view Thibodeaux as a bluechip, can’t miss guy which I’m not convinced he is. So I wouldn’t expect a ton of interest in the pick, therefore not much compensation.

I think the top of this draft class looks pretty weak actually, so it doesn’t sting as much that we’ve possibly given Philly a top-5 pick 

22 hours ago, Emerica said:

this is a very weak QB class, I have big doubts there would be a lot of interest in moving up unless teams view Thibodeaux as a bluechip, can’t miss guy which I’m not convinced he is. So I wouldn’t expect a ton of interest in the pick, therefore not much compensation.

I think the top of this draft class looks pretty weak actually, so it doesn’t sting as much that we’ve possibly given Philly a top-5 pick 

I agree it appears to be a very weak QB class ( and also that it's weak overall at the top ), but it only takes 1 QB needy team with a whacky owner LMAO.  Anyways, trade out was an option in the question asked and IMO it would surely be what our Front Office would prefer to do.

I'm also not sure Thibodeaux is a "can't miss guy", but I don't think any team will feel they are an elite pass rusher away from a Super Bowl ( which is the only reason to trade up for or to take an edge defender at 1 overall ).  I do think there's a possibility that more than one team would trade up to #1 overall even given the weak 2022 QB class.  It's easy to forget just how over inflated the QB prospect market is.  Remember Blake Bortles going #3?  Mariotta #2?  Winston #1?  Goff #1?  Wentz #2?  Trubisky #2?  Darnold #3?  Daniel Jones #6?  Tua #5 (OK still too early lol)?  Trey Lance #3?

My point is that there is a large belief out there right now that all of these QB's were over drafted and in most of these cases it's difficult to provide ample evidence to change the minds of those believers.  So there's some evidence right there that at least 1 team is going to reach way up for a QB every year ( at least since 2014 ).

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

Idk how many of you follow college football but, man what a day for the RB position! A couple guys who are my favorites, especially Allgeier, went off. Tyler Allgeier went for 266, 5 scores, 9.2 avg, on 29 carries. Kenneth Walker had 197, 5 scores, 8.6 avg., 23 carrie. Breece Hall had another solid game with 167 and 1 score. Also if your interested go look at Drake London’s numbers this year, he is consistently having well over 100 yard games with lots of catches and plenty of touchdowns. 

3 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Idk how many of you follow college football but, man what a day for the RB position! A couple guys who are my favorites, especially Allgeier, went off. Tyler Allgeier went for 266, 5 scores, 9.2 avg, on 29 carries. Kenneth Walker had 197, 5 scores, 8.6 avg., 23 carrie. Breece Hall had another solid game with 167 and 1 score. 

I don’t like the high workload Allgeiers has been getting the past couple of games. But looking at the touches some top pro RBs got in college, a high workload doesn’t seem to be a huge deal.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:30 AM, Tetsujin said:

I don’t like the high workload Allgeiers has been getting the past couple of games. But looking at the touches some top pro RBs got in college, a high workload doesn’t seem to be a huge deal.

Yes he has carries the ball 197 time this year but last year he had a pretty low amount of carries. He only carries the ball 150 times in 2020 ans only 17 times in 2019 ans only 7 times in 2018. Kenneth Walker is having a great season too and he has a very low amount of carries at 175 in so far in 2021, 119 in 2020, ans 98 in 2019. On the other hand Breece Hall has had a substantially greater amount of carries with 179 this year, 279 last year, ans 186 in 2019. Allgeier is by far my favorite back in this class. His breakaway speed is elite he has the power ands frame to get the tough yards and break tackles, but yet he’s quite elusive and has great vision and balance, his cuts are sharp and he accelerates out of them with ease and explosion. Also really high on Walker, Charbonnet,  Breece Hall, and Jerome Ford

Edited by Jdolphins18

On 9/30/2021 at 7:12 PM, Tetsujin said:

The top 4-3 DE and 3-4 OLB prospects. A few of them will be out of reach but I’ll list them anyway. We might need a replacement for Ogbah next season- but if not, we need more of a pass rush off the edge across from JP.

Kayvon Thibodeaux- Oregon

Aidan Hutchinson- Michigan 

Adam Anderson- UGA

George Karlaftis- Purdue

Jermaine Johnson II- FSU

Drake Jackson- USC

Travon Walker- UGA

You should take a look at Sam Williams too, edge rusher from ole miss, the guy has 10.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, and 12 TFL