What would you do to fix the Giants if you were GM

ny92mike

19 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Easy fix, trade Jones and Saquon (as soon as he recovers or if a team overpays). Bring in Kellen Moore or Todd Bowles as HC. Find a GM most importantly.

No to both of those guys. I am not sold on Kellen Moore. He benefits a ton from Dak being his QB.

Joe Brady is going to be a HC next year, it is just a matter of whether it is in the NFL or at LSU.

Hell, give me Don Martindale. We interviewed him last year. The guy has got a forward thinking mind and consistently does more with less than any other DC in the league. The Ravens entire secondary is hurt and their LBs are god awful and he's fielding, yet again, a top unit.

Trade Jones to NO for a Second & Fourth This Year with a future pick (either a third or fourth) Trade Barkley to whatever buyer we can find (who knows if he'll ever be 100% again). 

Hire Joe Brady, Find him a DC he wants (sorry Graham and his supporters, no carryovers) switch back to a 4-3 base but try and keep some Hybrid Principles. 

Extend Martinez, Trade Jones to NO Saints(2022 2nd & 4th 2023 3rd (turns into 2nd if he passes for at least 4.5k Yards and 35TDs) & Barkley (2023 3rd (turns into a 2nd if he plays at least 14 games AND eclipses 1.5K Yards from Scrimmage), Cut Beal, Booker, Peart. Re-Sign Hernandez to a 3 Year 18.2M (worth up to 22M if he reaches incentives like a Pro-Bowl or something along those lines) Deal (Low Guarantees to escape contract if he struggles to meet the average play he's demonstrated this year again). Sign Wyatt Teller to a 5 Year/64.5M Deal. 

Here's my first three rounds of picks:

5. Aiden Hutchinson EDGE, Michigan

• Not much should be needed to be said about this 6'5" 270lb behemoth. He has shown superb athleticism for a man his size, and his hand usage is top level already. Powerful, quick, fast, refined are all words used to describe Hutchinson's approach. He is good against the run, and a nightmare for O-Lineman to defend on obvious passing downs. This years top 2 EDGE guys are really really good. 

10. Desmond Riddler, QB, Cincinnati

• Good arm talent, with the legs to make you worry. Riddler could very well be the first guy called off the board (currently think Willis or Strong have a better chance), but honestly. He might have the best career out of this class. He's not as an explosive a runner as Willis, or as a refined pocket passer as Strong, but he blends both these players skillsets fairly well. Having improved his accuracy when throwing off different platforms, Riddler has solidified himself as top QB prospect. He has the requisite arm strength, the accuracy to all three levels (although you'd wish he be a tad more precise on deep throws), and has the ability to lead a RPO very well (if someone will just tell him to tuck the ball). Riddler's problem is he can be too trusting in his own talent and tries to make plays out of nothing. Getting a HC like Joe Brady to get into this ultra-talented QB's head could be a match made in heaven. 

37. Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State

• Athletic, mean, and strong NPF has the talent to be a day 1 Starter at either Tackle spot. With Thomas entrenched at LT however, he makes his way over to RT. Although he's currently playing really good football at LT for the Buckeyes, with tape from his game against Oregon it is clear he isn't ready to protect a NFL QB's blindside. The sky is the limit for this kid however, and he will look to make a competent bookend with Andrew Thomas for years to come (at least 3). Peart sucks and has to go (and I believed in him to). NPF has a bit to go with his hand placement on blocks and maintaining his base while adjusting in pass sets he should improve tremendously. This is more of an upside kind of pick with players like Panning likely to still be on the board. His technique falls well behind his natural talent, but he is improving week by week with more experience. 

54. Alec Lindstrom, OC, Boston College 

• Is it absurd to think we should select two O-Lineman within our first four picks? No, it is not. Especially when our Line has been so bad for so long. It is time to make an actual change. With the selection we got from the Daniel Jones trade we solidify our new Franchise QB's protection with a fresh off the lot Center. Lindstrom comes from a long line of NFL players (Father Chris played back in the day, and his older brother Chris (also) currently plays for the Falcons). And boy is this kid refined. Not the biggest guy on the interior (he has the frame to maybe play around 310), but he has plenty of pop behind his pads and really has fish hooks for hands. Grip strength doesn't look great, it looks insane. Once he's latched it's a wrap. Biggest downside is him being left handed (the lefty to right exchange will take getting used to) and kinda thin (limiting him to OC only snaps). But he's just good in nearly every facet of the game. But please lord get bigger. This pick also allows Gates to be used as utility sixth lineman that was and will be his best role. 

69. Eric Gray, RB, Oklahoma

• Balanced runner, can take it into a defender's chest and go through him, he can step around you with grace, or run right past you. The only problem is, he plays with a much better ball carrier in front of him (Kennedy Brooks). At Tennessee, he was near unstoppable. He made plays in every facet of the game; as a pass catcher, he was so dynamic the Vols would run plays with him set up out wide or in the slot. A good route runner, and even better with the balls in his hands. Gray is a compact well built runner with patience, vision, and burst in spades. If not for his decision to be a Sooner, he would not have fallen to the Third Round. Intriguing player to say the least. 

70. Jeremy Ruckert, TE, Ohio State

• I know what you're thinking. No really, I do. I know you don't want a Ohio State tight end. Hear me out though. Ruckert is built Different. While he isn't a super athlete, he always has his man lagging behind him, or just so happens to be the only guy open against zone coverage. Hands are glue. Not like glue. They are glue. His tape is littered with one handed grabs. A good not great athlete, he makes plays by getting behind linebackers quickly (thanks to his straight line acceleration). He's smooth in & out of of all his breaks and his catch radius is ridiculous. A good and willing in-line blocker, Ruckert is a balanced TE and one with more potential than any Ohio St. TE in recent memory. Lack of production (which is surprising) and the Ohio State TE stigma is going to push him down boards, but I believe in his potential to be a really good all around TE that will be a safety blanket for the decade to come. 

Edited by YogiBiz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YogiBiz said:

Extend Martinez, Trade Jones to NO Saints(2022 2nd & 4th 2023 3rd (turns into 2nd if he passes for at least 4.5k Yards and 35TDs) & Barkley (2023 3rd (turns into a 2nd if he plays at least 14 games AND eclipses 1.5K Yards from Scrimmage), Cut Beal, Booker, Peart. Re-Sign Hernandez to a 3 Year 18.2M (worth up to 22M if he reaches incentives like a Pro-Bowl or something along those lines) Deal (Low Guarantees to escape contract if he struggles to meet the average play he's demonstrated this year again). Sign Wyatt Teller to a 5 Year/64.5M Dea

Ill only extend Martinez if he takes a cap decrease. I wouldn’t pay him his current rate coming off his ACL and no reason to re-sign Hernandez to that contract. He can get a 1 year close to min.

15 hours ago, Acgott said:

Ill only extend Martinez if he takes a cap decrease. I wouldn’t pay him his current rate coming off his ACL and no reason to re-sign Hernandez to that contract. He can get a 1 year close to min.

That was def the plan with Martinez was hoping drop his cap hit to at least 5-6 mil. I'm fine with giving Hernandez the min too. I just think a youngish former second round pick who has played solidly this season will command more in the open market. There aren't a lot of "just solid" Lineman in the NFL.