Dr Dre, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg and Mary J. Blige announced as Super Bowl LVI halftime show

RaidersAreOne

51 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Anyone find it odd that Kendrick Lamar is included in this group? I'm guessing it's a marketing ploy to keep a younger crowd interested in the event. I'm not saying I hate it, just that I found it odd for him to be included in a group of artists from the early - late 90's.

He's from LA.

• Like 1

It's a change of pace, which I can appreciate. And even though I am a metalhead now, I spent a lot of my formative years listening to 4 of these 5 artists. Snoop and Mary especially. I hope Elton John is a surprise guest with Mary. They had a duet together once.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh

17 hours ago, 43M said:

This wouldve been amazin 20 years ago.

Now....meh...

Still a lot better than most we've seen over the last 15 or so years...but that aint saying much.

The best halftime shows have came from older artists who were 'out of their prime'. Everybody current has sucked.

• Like 2

Mary J Blige - Doubt
Eminem - Lose Yourself
transitional - Dr. Dre + Snoop - The Next Episode /mixed with/ Dr. Dre + Snoop - Still Dre / mixed with / Eminem - Forgot about Dre Dr. Dre
Snoop and Dre - Nuthing but a G Thang
Dr. Dre + everyone taking part  - California Love
Mary J Blige - Family Affair
Kendrick Lamar - All The Stars

Maybe?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tk3 said:

I always forget that so much of football world is not my same demographic. I was surprised to see such lack of enthusiasm here

As far as I'm concerned - I know these guys are old, but this still has GOAT halftime show potential

These are legends

Right.  I was shocked when I read the announcement too because I didn't expect it from the NFL.  Yeah some of them are older but they have a looooooot of bangers they could play that would definitely be fitting of a halftime show.  I could easily see this being the most watched halftime show.

Plus it might be another sign we're even closer to a Kendrick album.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

You clearly don't know anything about rap music and/or have poor taste. It's okay.

I actually have multiple music degrees, including a graduate degree, and helped TA a hiphop and rap history class that went in depth with every major artist since the genesis of it all. So, you just gave another L take. You're 0-2.

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I actually have multiple music degrees, including a graduate degree, and helped TA a hiphop and rap history class that went in depth with every major artist since the genesis of it all. So, you just gave another L take. You're 0-2.

I get that music is mostly subjective, but is there any particular reason why you don't consider Kendrick one of the greats?

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The best halftime shows have came from older artists who were 'out of their prime'. Everybody current has sucked.

Katy Perry having Lenny Kravitz as a guest only for him to make her hottest hit sound better than ever was fun to see though. 

Newbs need to stop picking old talent as guests that will show them up lol