GDT 10/3/21 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 3-0 Denver Broncos

DreamKid

Not surprised we're underdogs, and I definitely won't be surprised if we lose. I don't see this being a close game either. Whoever wins this game will do so by 10+ imo. Our defense has to be better, our run game has to look more like it did against KC, and we can't have the same self inflicted wounds in the passing game again.

I feel like the Lions were an opponent to be taken lightly and as @DontTazeMeBro mentioned in the Lions game day thread that it was an obvious trap game if there ever was one.

I think the Broncos will be a different story. They’re 3-0, the defense is coming off a performance they will likely feel embarrassed about, the offense has guys that obviously need to step up and I’m sure they feel like they were bailed out by the special teams.

So I feel confident that the team looks more like it did against the Chiefs and less like they did against the Lions.

The key will obviously be how Lamar looks. If Lamar is threading it like he did against the Lions, then I think this could be the Ravens winning by multiple scores. If not, then we’ll have to see if Tucker can bail us out.

23 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Not ideal

Back injury makes sense for Lamar, kid has carried the team since he got here.

In all seriousness though, there's no reason to force him to push through any kind of truly debilitating injury. Let him heal up for a week and Tyler Huntley will take his best shot at it. 🤷‍♂️ This isn't the Super Bowl, and it's a long long season.

• Like 2

I know you guys can relate, but injuries are just decimating this Broncos team. They will definitely be without:

* Starting WR (Jeudy)
* #3 WR (Hamler)
* Starting OLB (Chubb)
* Starting ILB (Jewell)
* Starting CB (Darby)

And, based on the injury report and news from beat writers, will almost certainly be without:

* Starting LG (Risner)
* Starting RG (Glasgow)

Whilst this team is more equipped to deal with injuries than in previous years, we don't have the depth to deal with these injuries and beat good teams like the Ravens on a consistent basis. I love how Teddy has played, but he's complementing our Defense; not the other way around. He isn't going to drag this team back from a hefty deficit which we know LJ8 is capable of.

Our Defense has been superb this year. Vic Fangio is still one of the premier Defensive coaches and playcallers in the league. There really is no telling how your Defense will play against such a unique Offense like yours; I just hope we've got enough athleticism out there to try and restrict Lamar.

Offensively, teams have been determined to stop the run against us this year. We've seen a ton of Cover 1 and run blitzes, thus a ton of single coverage outside which Teddy has really exploited. With our interior OL banged up, I am interested to see what Wink dials up in this game. He's really blitz happy (well, he was in Denver that's for sure) but does he need to bother vs a banged up OL?

Whilst our FG kicker is superb (again, I know you can relate), our ST unit may be the the worst in the league. Our coverage units give up big plays time after time after time. We also very rarely do anything in the KR and PR game either.

All the best - here's hoping we both can actually field a team by the end of the game ...

• Like 1

nobody is afraid of Teddy Bridgewater. if Ravens lose, they'll lose to the Broncos D.

that Broncos schedule was butt cheeks thus far. i'd be concerned if that defense wasn't sporting top stats after playing the mighty Giants, Jags and Jets...

most confident in a Ravens win i've been all season, sorry folks.