GDT 10/3/21 Week 4: 2-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 3-0 Denver Broncos

DreamKid

2 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Worth noting, re: the whole 'do the players actually care' convo:

Along this note, I remember when the defense had their streak in the late 90s-early 00s when the defense had their streak of not allowing a 100 yd rusher, which ended up being 46 games and was a then 3rd place finish (the Saints streak surpassed ours and then after they took 1st place with 55, pushed us down to 4th). Then they put together other such streaks through the 2000s and 2010s.

I remember how much the defense cared about those streaks and how much they took it personal with regard to allowing an opposing team/player to impose their will on the defense.

So I feel it only makes sense that having a streak that shows you can impose your will on an opposing defense is similarly important.
———

On that note going up against the 5th place run DVOA Colts defense will be a tough task. They played the run excellently in our battle last season.

Then considering the Browns, Steelers, and Bengals defenses are the 1st, 6th, and 7th best run DVOAs through the first quarter of the season respectively; along with our trash at RB, plus our strength at WR, and it’s a great chance that the streak will end this season, perhaps quite soon. I’m glad we were able to at least tie it. Hopefully we can get to 50, but it’ll be an uphill battle for sure.

The fact that literally every player who played even a little while in Baltimore since 2008 (without the exception of one Bernard Karmell Pollard) seems to be vocally bought in on the program and its operations even after they leave is proof enough that Harbs has all the buy in he needs.

• Like 5