Packers release Martellus Bennett

marky mark

On 11/11/2017 at 6:01 AM, jontat83 said:

I wish we knew the exact situation in terms of money, but I saw some talk the Patriots could benefit cap wise in some way. I have no clue what happens with this, compensatory picks etc.

Nice thing is since he was cut before week 10 was completed, Bennett will not count against us for compensatory reasons, so we should get more/better pick because of when we cut him.

I doubt much is going to happen....Goodell has egg on his face from deflate-gate, and in negotiations for a new contract....$50 million/yr. plus personal jet use for life, and family insurance.....Since he already has Jerry Jones against him,  he doesn't need to upset Robert Kraft any more than he already has....

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

But he was lying about his injury tho? Lost his rights next year for next to no reason.

The Packers cut him because he's a quitter and a loser and probably insufferable to be around with all of his ideological rhetoric.

There's not a lot of info about the 'failure to disclose condition' designation, but I think it means the Packers will claim he sucked because he was hurt, and they gave him a fat contract expecting him not to suck.

43 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

He played with it without a harness. He lied. Pretty simple. Maybe he actually got hurt for real this time? 

I don't get why they think this is vindication. He said he couldn't play. Then he did. What's complex here

35 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

He played with it without a harness. He lied. Pretty simple. Maybe he actually got hurt for real this time? 

Or maybe he actually got hurt playing for the Packers and the injury was related to a pre-existing condition that was missed or not acknowledged or not even tested for like arthritis or scar tissue or a hundred other things. Maybe that injury contributed to his poor play; it's a lot different trying to catch a pass when it hurts to lift up your arms. Maybe the Patriots signed him because they know about some obscure loop hole that would allow them to gain something from the Packers winning their case (like some of the signing bonus as was previous mentioned).

Not so simple.

18 minutes ago, LargeFarva said:

Or maybe he actually got hurt playing for the Packers and the injury was related to a pre-existing condition that was missed or not acknowledged or not even tested for like arthritis or scar tissue or a hundred other things. Maybe that injury contributed to his poor play; it's a lot different trying to catch a pass when it hurts to lift up your arms. Maybe the Patriots signed him because they know about some obscure loop hole that would allow them to gain something from the Packers winning their case (like some of the signing bonus as was previous mentioned).

Not so simple.

Pats have nothing to do with SB money though.

I do think he was hurt though. No doubt.

5 minutes ago, LargeFarva said:

I'm 99% sure this is true, but then there's this guy:

And if anyone would know about this it would be the Patriots.

But SB money stays with the original team. That's what's confusing. Why would anyone get cap release on SB monies they never paid? If this is true, lol. God damn Patriots. We're supposed to have such a good relationship with them.

It only makes sense if SB cap transferred. But it doesn't. Then again I'm always wrong about this ****.

Archived