Week 5 We are crushing the Titans - UPDATE: we did not

Charles

1 minute ago, pwny said:

I can’t imagine its anything but a reactionary take. 

He’s been steadfast in hearing that Urban is on thin ice behind the scenes since that stuff last weekend, but that’s my guess too. I can’t imagine we move on this quick…

Urban admitted that they're not sneaking because Trevor still isn't completely comfortable behind center, and doesn't quite have it down enough to trust being under center and sneaking it in vital situations.

At least there's a reason; whether good or not.

56 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Honestly do you give Baalke another year? Real question.

Not sure how any of this is on Baalke.  Draft so far is looking like an incomplete with ETN out for the season.  Way too early to evaluate the rest of the picks.  Free agents haven't been special, but haven't been horrible either and it's not like there is an overpaid bust there.  Besides all of that,  without being an insider, we don't know who is really responsible for all the personnel decisions.  Some of the moves have definitely felt like Urban was involved,  ETN pick for example, but that's just a guess on my part.  All the other stuff that has happened isn't on him at all.

1 hour ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

If we get rid of Meyer then Baalke should go too. The only time the past 13 years we've done a full reset was 2013 with Gus & Dave. Do a full reset and center your decisions around building a team around Trevor + fixing the defense.

I disagree.  I would fire Meyer now, name someone interim Hc,  Make Baalke a real gm, and see how the rest of the season goes.   If there's a noticeable turnaround, I'd give them another season.  

28 minutes ago, Charles said:

I disagree.  I would fire Meyer now, name someone interim Hc,  Make Baalke a real gm, and see how the rest of the season goes.   If there's a noticeable turnaround, I'd give them another season.  

Strong disagree.

Never keep one or the other. If you’re changing the regime have both start off together in unison with the same vision/in lockstep. 

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Wonder if this is media BS or legit. Silver has kept on with this view.

My guess is that it's media BS.  It would maybe have some merit if the team quit on Urban in today's game, but this team didn't have the look of a roster that had given up and quit on the coach.  Not even close.  We lost, but they were playing hard out there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

James can’t be stopped today and he’s chillin on the sidelines in a crucial point in the game. Love it

That's the kind of garbage Brad Childress used to pull on Adrian Peterson in his rookie year too.  The guy would rush for 100+ yards in the first half and then get 2-3 carries in the entire second half.  Just utter stupidity on the part of the coach.