Week 4: TEN vs NYJ

Bobby816

The Jets are a 7 1/2 point underdog Sunday. Take all that money you have been saving for college for your kid and take the 7 1/2 points.

Tenn injuries on defensive Dupree, Kern, Farley, Muexhison, all their best players on D.

Tenn injuries on Offensive Jones WR, Martin WR one of the best tandem of receivers in the NFL

JETS 27  TENN. 17

YOU CAN THANK ME MONDAY.

Edited by doumeyer

The Titans' D has given up 8.3 YPA, 62% completion rate, and 6 TD to 1 INT. This would be a good time to show some life on offense.

Winning might be asking a bit too much out of this franchise, even with all of the injuries the Titans have. But maybe, just maybe, this is a chance for the offense to do more good things than bad? Or you know, 42 minute time of possession for the Titans, Henry goes for 250 and 3 TDs after wearing down the Jets' D, Jets turn it over 3 times, 28-3 Titans. I could see either honestly.

Expectations are low. The bad green men can't hurt me anymore.

• Like 1

JD and Saleh wanted to build a team in the trenches. Well we know what TEN will be doing Sunday. Henry Henry and more Henry.

This game has 2 outcomes… either we eliminate the run Bc we know they can’t pass with poor WRs

or

They run all over us when we know they’re running (embarrassing for a defense) and control the clock.

10 hours ago, TheChad said:

The Titans' D has given up 8.3 YPA, 62% completion rate, and 6 TD to 1 INT. This would be a good time to show some life on offense.

Winning might be asking a bit too much out of this franchise, even with all of the injuries the Titans have. But maybe, just maybe, this is a chance for the offense to do more good things than bad? Or you know, 42 minute time of possession for the Titans, Henry goes for 250 and 3 TDs after wearing down the Jets' D, Jets turn it over 3 times, 28-3 Titans. I could see either honestly.

Expectations are low. The bad green men can't hurt me anymore.

In 1995 we were 3-13

in 1996 we were 1-15 After the season the Jet owner clean house & brought in Bill Parcells

in 1997 we were 9-7 In Parcells first year

in 1998 we were 12-4 in Parcells second year and went to the AFL Championship game and lost to John Elway.

Under Douglas direction in three years (to be fair only two draft) & three FA periods we are no better off than before he took over.

One answer i never got from anybody on this board, Why did the Trust Fund kids allow Macc, to make the 2019 draft when they were going to seabag him in a matter of weeks. ????.

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

In 1995 we were 3-13

in 1996 we were 1-15 After the season the Jet owner clean house & brought in Bill Parcells

in 1997 we were 9-7 In Parcells first year

in 1998 we were 12-4 in Parcells second year and went to the AFL Championship game and lost to John Elway.

Under Douglas direction in three years (to be fair only two draft) & three FA periods we are no better off than before he took over.

One answer i never got from anybody on this board, Why did the Trust Fund kids allow Macc, to make the 2019 draft when they were going to seabag him in a matter of weeks. ????.

Bc at the stage of when they would’ve fired him… it was already too deep into the offseason scouting wise. Both in FA and Draft. When a GM gets fired… normally a lot of scouts and all go too. These guys work all season scouting nfl talent and ncaa talent. So to start fresh that late in the offseason would’ve been hard.

Its a thing that makes no sense when you see it on the surface. But when you put into reality… it makes sense. Imagine in a workforce you are designing something for a company and you have a team of 20 engineers underneath you that you hand picked. You haven’t done well but a project is due in 6-8 weeks. They want to fire you. Well that company if they fire you not only loses you but a decent amount of engineers as well that have been working on the project for a year. So they keep you and the  engineers until the project is complete and then fire you. Makes sense.

17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is a game we shouldn’t lose. And if we do I want someone to get fired and cut. 

Oh we will lose this one. 

Henry will be too much for the Jets and he will be around 150-180 yards rushing with 2 TD's. He will carry the ball about 25 times or so. Wilson will throw is usually 2 to 3 picks to stay on pace to break Blanda all time record for INT in a season. Wilson does get VERY lucky on a pass to Mims for a TD and people will think he is the answer but it is just false hope. 

Final score 

Tenn 28 Jets 7. 

We will continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL. You will see fans the following week wearing shirts the say ALL BREAK NO GAS!!!!

I would be VERY surprised if the Jets win 2 games. I think they do get lucky at the end of the year and fall into a win. Take Tenn and the points. The Jets have only covered twice since last year started. 

17 hours ago, doumeyer said:

The Jets are a 7 1/2 point underdog Sunday. Take all that money you have been saving for college for your kid and take the 7 1/2 points.

Tenn injuries on defensive Dupree, Kern, Farley, Muexhison, all their best players on D.

Tenn injuries on Offensive Jones WR, Martin WR one of the best tandem of receivers in the NFL

JETS 27  TENN. 17

YOU CAN THANK ME MONDAY.

I thought that about the 10 points we were getting with Denver, a team that has only played bad teams. 

I thought 6.5 against the pats was good...

Turns out I'm not being another dollar on this team until they show that they can score a touchdown....

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc at the stage of when they would’ve fired him… it was already too deep into the offseason scouting wise. Both in FA and Draft. When a GM gets fired… normally a lot of scouts and all go too. These guys work all season scouting nfl talent and ncaa talent. So to start fresh that late in the offseason would’ve been hard.

Its a thing that makes no sense when you see it on the surface. But when you put into reality… it makes sense. Imagine in a workforce you are designing something for a company and you have a team of 20 engineers underneath you that you hand picked. You haven’t done well but a project is due in 6-8 weeks. They want to fire you. Well that company if they fire you not only loses you but a decent amount of engineers as well that have been working on the project for a year. So they keep you and the  engineers until the project is complete and then fire you. Makes sense.

Yeah, I mean, they should have canned him at the end of the season. 

They could have made offers to retain key scouts that were under him, or hired an outside scouting company for that off-season. I'd wager that there are also plenty of scout that could have been poached from around the league if they really lost that much.

Let's keep all the depression to a minimum here and stick to the issue at hand and that is the Titans at the Jets.

Are we here to point fingers at the QB, OL,OC, etc. and regurgitate over and over who's to blame for the Jets poor start.

Do we really need someone to point out that the OL is terrible? Have we forgotten how good Zac Wilson CAN BE?

This is a team reeling in adversity because of injuries, the top players on the DL and OL are injured one for the year, the other for half a season.

So what can we expect, well if we are honest, hope. Thats what we have coming into this game, hope. That perhaps the Jets even if they lose they are competitive.

They put some points on the board, make it a game. Hope that someone on the defensive side of the ball creates a turnover and scores some points. That we open lanes for the RB's to be effective.

That the OL puts together a solid game so that Wilson has the time to showcase what they truly have at QB. 

Any terrible team on any given Sunday can upset the best teams. 

Are the Jets as bad as their record indicates, Yes, to some degree. Bill Parcells said you are what your record shows.

But as fans we know that what we witnessed in preseason and in rookie camp is not a fluke, the task for the coaching staff is having it translate to the field game time.

So what do we have going into this game? Hope.

That following this game we can hold our heads up and say we made a game of it, or even better.... we won, and build on the accomplishment.

For a team, even a team in the Jets position a positive game even in a loss can be an adrenaline boost to the psyche of the team.

Just as overweight individuals experience the same euphoria when laboring to become healthier and begin to notice signs that what striving for is showing results, they become motivated.  People notice, say encouraging things, and believe that the individual can change and be healthier.

The Jets have talent, they are better than the record would indicate.

So we have a choice, believe, have hope, all we ask as fan's is a team that is competitive and put together an effort worthy of the talent we've amassed.

Where we could say, Okay, we're turning a corner and we're ascending.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

So we have a choice, believe, have hope, all we ask as fan's is a team that is competitive and put together an effort

I love your optimism and positivity. I, too, am trying to stay positive but it is getting real difficult with this organization.

I have been a fan for a long time. In that time I have been teased with hope. Over the decades, my hope waned as I saw season after season turn to crap. Then this new regime came in and appeared to finally get it. Build through the draft, forsake high priced FA except for a couple. Drafting positions that have been long ignored. Getting a couple FA’s that were young and good. I had hope again.

Then I see the **** show and begin to realize I have been made a fool of again. I still have hope for this team but when every Sunday is worse than the last when I could not think such was possible, yeah, I get negative.  At this point I am going to question our coaching staff and will continue until there is a watchable product being put on the field. I will question their bull**** media answers when it is obviously a lie.  In other words, I kind of had it with this team ATM. I will continue to support and watch because I am too invested not to. But you will have to forgive some of us for bitching maybe more than we have in the past. We had / have hope but feel duped by con men. Yeah, I’m a bit bitter as I suspect many are.