Week 4: TEN vs NYJ

Bobby816

Little late to the party, but it was great to see Zach recover after another poor first half showing. The drops didn't help, but he's been woefully inaccurate. Yes, he threw some dimes on some tough passes, but he was really missing the easy ones. I won't put it all on him though - do we not have tempo plays? Watching Mac Jones last night, McDaniels was giving him a bunch of 3 yard hitches and rub routes to get the defense on their heels. I don't know why we refuse to do that and instead opt to rush twice and have to throw it 8+ yards to convert half the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

It was hard to tell if that Wilson INT was on Wilson or Davis. 

I would say Wilson.    Even Davis ran full route the defender was still there.   Wilson basically ignored that defender.    It could be a bang action if target was on money.  

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

It is going to take time, we got nothing out of our TE's. A good pass catching TE can make a offensive run much smoother. But you are right we have not put all the pieces together yet. That is why in my early post today I said we must get Moore & Mims into the equation that is the key. One thing i forgot to mention in my early post today what about Carter jumping well over six feet at the goal line, and he only took two steps.  

Better run game could improve the rhythm as well.

Great team win on both ends of the field. This defense is young and fast and versatile. I love watching them. 

I think Davis is just such an enigma and IIRC this was the issue in Tennessee. He looks amazing and incredibly talented at times. And then he just disappears or has a mental error. Even though he has the athleticism of a #1, I can't see him being reliable enough to be a #1. 

On 10/3/2021 at 8:14 AM, Bobby816 said:

Every Jets fan has the 100% right to criticize and hate. Bc this organization hasn’t given us a winning team or even competitive team for that matter in a very long time.

Until that changes… the fans will always be right criticizing this team and the way it’s built and run.

Criticize yes, hate? No. Sorry, hating doesn't get the job done, and is really an effort in futility because it without benefit, it adds to nothing, and if your honest, Who gave you the right to hate? It is a sport, it is a game, it is not life.

1 minute ago, Big T said:

Criticize yes, hate? No. Sorry, hating doesn't get the job done, and is really an effort in futility because it without benefit, it adds to nothing, and if your honest, Who gave you the right to hate? It is a sport, it is a game, it is not life.

Don't take it so darn literal man. And I stand by my comment. When you're a fan of any team and invest time, money, etc into that team and they repeatedly don't win.

You as the fan have the 100% right to not be happy with the team and criticize them. 

On 10/3/2021 at 7:34 AM, xrade said:

I love your optimism and positivity. I, too, am trying to stay positive but it is getting real difficult with this organization.

I have been a fan for a long time. In that time I have been teased with hope. Over the decades, my hope waned as I saw season after season turn to crap. Then this new regime came in and appeared to finally get it. Build through the draft, forsake high priced FA except for a couple. Drafting positions that have been long ignored. Getting a couple FA’s that were young and good. I had hope again.

Then I see the **** show and begin to realize I have been made a fool of again. I still have hope for this team but when every Sunday is worse than the last when I could not think such was possible, yeah, I get negative.  At this point I am going to question our coaching staff and will continue until there is a watchable product being put on the field. I will question their bull**** media answers when it is obviously a lie.  In other words, I kind of had it with this team ATM. I will continue to support and watch because I am too invested not to. But you will have to forgive some of us for bitching maybe more than we have in the past. We had / have hope but feel duped by con men. Yeah, I’m a bit bitter as I suspect many are.

I'm from the Bronx N.Y. I am a fan from the SB era Jets, I have socks older than most of those who opine about the failures of the Jets. I'm also a Yankee fan, Ranger fan, and I will root for the Giants should they make the playoffs. But the game is never larger than life, I shout when the team does well and shake my head when they do poorly.

But it is all entertainment, its real, its live, there is no script, and that is what makes us fan's, unlike the movies where you can figure out the end. 

Disappointed ? Yeah, sick of seeing who we pick in the draft year after year? Sure, but I remain optimistic especially the past few years and where I see this team headed for. 

For the first time In years there is a plan, its taking shape, and the team especially on defense has improved.

I have hope.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Don't take it so darn literal man. And I stand by my comment. When you're a fan of any team and invest time, money, etc into that team and they repeatedly don't win.

You as the fan have the 100% right to not be happy with the team and criticize them. 

I'm with you.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. We have a right to be mad or even hate this team for all the years of losing. 

5 hours ago, Big T said:

For the first time In years there is a plan, its taking shape, and the team especially on defense has improved.

I have hope.

As I said, I like the plan.  It's just that "they" are not following what the said they would do - fit the system to the players.  A lie.  I love what Ulbrich has done with our no name D.  I love the Wilson potential.  I loathe the O system to confine Wilson and to not utilize their best players in a way that suits their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses.  Right now I am cool with all except LaPew.  He, well, stinks like **** on ice.  Perhaps he will grow up and realize it isn't about him and his scheming but about putting a good O on the field.  His arrogance is appalling.

Beyond that, I, too, have hope.  More than I have had in a while because JD is doing what we all wanted previous GM's to do.  He may not hit on the picks, but most of us were/are happy when he picked them at the top of the draft.  He is trying to build a sustainable franchise instead of going for the BS competitive rebuild which has yielded us fans nothing over the decades - DECADES.