Week 4: TEN vs NYJ

Bobby816

7 hours ago, Big T said:

Criticize yes, hate? No. Sorry, hating doesn't get the job done, and is really an effort in futility because it without benefit, it adds to nothing, and if your honest, Who gave you the right to hate? It is a sport, it is a game, it is not life.

I hated Macc, he set this franchise back five years with his HORRENDOUS drafting, He by far was the worst GM in their entire history of the Jets, the best Jet GM was Sonny (as in money) Weblin. And I have been a jet fan since day one and I have seen them all. HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, and I still HATE him. He drank eight cups of coffee a day and that is the sign of a recovering guy with some kind of addiction, he sure wasn't sober when he some of those draft picks.    

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I hated Macc, he set this franchise back five years with his HORRENDOUS drafting, He by far was the worst GM in their entire history of the Jets, the best Jet GM was Sonny (as in money) Weblin. And I have been a jet fan since day one and I have seen them all. HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, and I still HATE him. He drank eight cups of coffee a day and that is the sign of a recovering guy with some kind of addiction, he sure wasn't sober when he some of those draft picks.    

Agreed. Was worse than Idzik because he did more damage for longer and had equal to or less to show from. Best GM in my lifetime was Parcells and after him Mangini/Tannenbaum together. Tanny was not the same with Rex though and both needed to go. 

Some interesting tidbits about Zach Wilsons deep ball this year :

With that being said, there is one thing that Wilson is already doing at an elite level: launch the deep ball.

Wilson has completed 11 passes that traveled at least 20 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. That ranks as the third-most in the NFL through four weeks, trailing only Kyler Murray (13) and Derek Carr (13). He sits one spot ahead of Tom Brady (10).

It’s not as if Wilson ranks that highly just because he is chucking up a ton of attempts. His accuracy on deep passes has been elite, too.

Wilson’s adjusted completion percentage (which accounts for drops) on deep throws is a sterling 57.9% (11 for 19), ranking third-best out of the 26 quarterbacks who have attempted at least 10 deep passes. Justin Herbert (61.5%) and Kyler Murray (72.2%) are the mere two signal-callers who have been more accurate on throws for at least 20 air yards.

Edited by Colt45fool

16 hours ago, xrade said:

As I said, I like the plan.  It's just that "they" are not following what the said they would do - fit the system to the players.  A lie.  I love what Ulbrich has done with our no name D.  I love the Wilson potential.  I loathe the O system to confine Wilson and to not utilize their best players in a way that suits their strengths and minimizes their weaknesses.  Right now I am cool with all except LaPew.  He, well, stinks like **** on ice.  Perhaps he will grow up and realize it isn't about him and his scheming but about putting a good O on the field.  His arrogance is appalling.

Beyond that, I, too, have hope.  More than I have had in a while because JD is doing what we all wanted previous GM's to do.  He may not hit on the picks, but most of us were/are happy when he picked them at the top of the draft.  He is trying to build a sustainable franchise instead of going for the BS competitive rebuild which has yielded us fans nothing over the decades - DECADES.

He's done well with the CB's which was a major concern coming in and he's hit on some undrafted players as well. I've been screaming for a C for years and another OT, the Jets should address those needs in the draft early IMHO. I think the FA pickups and draft was excellent, and you can see the potential from week to week. But the greatest concern for me is which OL is going to show up for the game?

Off schedule throws are great, but if you have a competent OL it should be minimal, and the OC has to mix up his play calling to fit the QB not the other way around.

Wilson's first year could be a roller coaster ride because of the OL and play calling. Lets hope they all turn a corner.

The lack of a threat at Tight End is hurting Wilson in the short and intermediate game. Even vets need that so imagine a rookie. It also frees up LBs and Safeties to smother the middle of the field tightening windows even more.

Best solution?

Play Mims at Tight End in obvious passing situations. 

14 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Some interesting tidbits about Zach Wilsons deep ball this year :

I saw this too and it just screams a need for an elite deep threat to pair with him.  Not sure Moore can be that given his height but having a guy like Mims standing 6'4" with 4.3 speed is just a crazy that we can't have him run a few go routes a game and let him and Zack see what they can do.

I mean of he's doing this with Corey Davis who is not a speedy guy then having a deep threat can really unlock Zack's best ability.

11 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Wilson is going to be good, just need to be patient and build around him.  

I hope your right but he has shown me nothing that would make you think he is going to be good. He holds the ball WAY to long so people say it is the OL. He then throws balls that are not even close a lot more than any other QB. So we blame the WR. The blame has to be on Wilson 90% of the time. He is the leader and QB of this team and he HAS to step it up. I want him to go through a game with no INTs. i want to see him hit high 60's or 70's % on completions. He just does not do these things. I hope I'm wrong but I see bust on him until he changes these things and the media and fans stop with the excuses. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The lack of a threat at Tight End is hurting Wilson in the short and intermediate game. Even vets need that so imagine a rookie. It also frees up LBs and Safeties to smother the middle of the field tightening windows even more.

Best solution?

Play Mims at Tight End in obvious passing situations. 

He’ll have to sit out a few more games to learn that position 😛

Along those same lines…Have Davis play TE (cause that dude can block if needed) and put Mims at X which he apparently knows already… 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hope your right but he has shown me nothing that would make you think he is going to be good. He holds the ball WAY to long so people say it is the OL. He then throws balls that are not even close a lot more than any other QB. So we blame the WR. The blame has to be on Wilson 90% of the time. He is the leader and QB of this team and he HAS to step it up. I want him to go through a game with no INTs. i want to see him hit high 60's or 70's % on completions. He just does not do these things. I hope I'm wrong but I see bust on him until he changes these things and the media and fans stop with the excuses. 

He has shown you nothing, awesome. 

What I see is pure talent, a guy who can make throws only a couple can make. His adjusted completion percentage was like 70% last I saw.  He has some miss passes at times, but hes been deadly accurate on deep throws.  The short passes will come. 

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

This post is wack.  He's played 4 games and is already one of the best deep ball passers on the NFL.  Sounds like you wish we drafted Mac Jones.

Kid is doing this without a really good deep threat too.  Crowder, Cole, Moore have all been out and we don't have a reliable TE.  Can we let him develop for the love of God.

9 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

This post is wack.  He's played 4 games and is already one of the best deep ball passers on the NFL.  Sounds like you wish we drafted Mac Jones.

Kid is doing this without a really good deep threat too.  Crowder, Cole, Moore have all been out and we don't have a reliable TE.  Can we let him develop for the love of God.

I generally agree with you on this. But let’s not act like he doesn’t have 8 INTs in 4 games. All but maybe 1 pretty much on him as well.

If we’re hyping him up… it should be to be patient and that there will be growing pains.

But let’s not at all act like he’s been impressive through 4 games.

We all hope he’s our franchise QB… so no sense in beating him down or overhyping him yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

No I wanted to keep Sam Darnold. The only QB I liked in the draft was T Law and we all knew he was going #1. I thought Sam has better talent than Zach. Lets not forget this team is 100 times better now than it was with Gase and the clown show. I just have a feeling if we kept Sam with this team and traded down a few spots for a kings ransom we would have won the Pats game and panthers game. 

• Like 1

No doubt he has had his struggles, but he also played against 3 elite defenses to start the season and is asked to do more than any rookie QB in football.  Mac Jones isn't asked to do anything but 6 yard passes, that is why he appears to be having the most success. 

But to say Wilson has shown you nothing after he made 3 throws in a game that maybe 3 other QBs can make?  Is just being salty.