Week 4: TEN vs NYJ

Bobby816

44 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

His deep ball is elite indeed. But he needs to work on his mechanics. Those misses to Davis and Griffin were absolutely brutal. 

He has more INTs than deep ball completions. So the good is far less than bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Lets not forget this team is 100 times better now than it was with Gase and the clown show

So far, I am not seeing it.  OL is still below average and the play calling has been suspect.  If it is better at all, it is minimal.  But, I hope LaFleur gets better at his job and the OL steps up.  They did play better last year in the second half, lets hope it is the same this year.  It is kind of difficult to evaluate Zach because of the aforementioned.  How good or bad would he be behind a competent OL?  A question to be answered, hopefully.

As for Sam, he is looking a lot better in Car.  We all kind of predicted he would.  He is not a bad QB, but he has limitations like his deep ball.  I suspect that will improve.  Keeping Sam was just too risky for the Jets.  What if we had kept him while paying him a lot of $ and he turned out to be no better than what he had shown for three years?  How bad would that have set the Jets back?  It was time to go in a new direction.  Lets just hope this new direction is not another dead end.

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I generally agree with you on this. But let’s not act like he doesn’t have 8 INTs in 4 games. All but maybe 1 pretty much on him as well.

If we’re hyping him up… it should be to be patient and that there will be growing pains.

But let’s not at all act like he’s been impressive through 4 games.

We all hope he’s our franchise QB… so no sense in beating him down or overhyping him yet.

Oh I agree he has many things to clean up but calling him a bust because you want a high completion percentage is crazy talk.

14 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

No I wanted to keep Sam Darnold. The only QB I liked in the draft was T Law and we all knew he was going #1. I thought Sam has better talent than Zach. Lets not forget this team is 100 times better now than it was with Gase and the clown show. I just have a feeling if we kept Sam with this team and traded down a few spots for a kings ransom we would have won the Pats game and panthers game. 

Sam could have gotten us to 8 wins maybe, yay!!!  You going to give him 20M+ a season next year then?

9 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Sam could have gotten us to 8 wins maybe, yay!!!  You going to give him 20M+ a season next year then?

Yes I will take 8 wins and give the guy 20 mill. YES!!! Then you build of this around Darnold. You do know that we have 13 wins in the last 3 years so a 8 win season would be HUGE. Also this team is better than Gase clown show. First off you have C. Davis who can be really good. He is probably our best WR in the last 4 years if not more. The D is A LOT better this year overall. The RB's are way better. The OL has always been a problem but I still think the OL is better this year than last year. Moses himself makes the line better than last year. Ya I am bitter at this team for throwing out junk teams year after year and I want wins NOW! You have had a decade or more to rebuild and this is what we have. I hope Zach does better but like I said in other post. I just don't see this guy being a top 10 QB in the league. Ya he will chuck the ball deep at different angels but that is what people are banking on him being a franchise QB. A franchise QB to me is high completion % low INTs and high TD's. I think Wilson is going to be a guy that puts up 15 or more INTs a season on a regular bases. Like I said before. I'm all done hoping that the Jets do better. I want this team to prove to me that there is hope with a 8 win season fighting for a playoff spot. We as Jet fans deserve this. Anything less should be unacceptable to the fans. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!! I'm tried of the wait we are rebuilding. Then wait we are rebuilding. Then wait we are rebuilding. Then wait we are rebuilding. 

9 hours ago, ekill08x said:

This. Will always be of the opinion that we did the right thing. 

Even if we loaded up with picks and talent by trading down from 2, or heck traded 2 for CMC magically, Sam needed to change his environment.  He wouldn't have worked here or at least wouldn't warrant $20 million a year.  We would have ended up with a Goff/Rams situation at best.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Yes I will take 8 wins and give the guy 20 mill. YES!!! Then you build of this around Darnold. You do know that we have 13 wins in the last 3 years so a 8 win season would be HUGE. Also this team is better than Gase clown show. First off you have C. Davis who can be really good. He is probably our best WR in the last 4 years if not more. The D is A LOT better this year overall. The RB's are way better. The OL has always been a problem but I still think the OL is better this year than last year. Moses himself makes the line better than last year. Ya I am bitter at this team for throwing out junk teams year after year and I want wins NOW! You have had a decade or more to rebuild and this is what we have. I hope Zach does better but like I said in other post. I just don't see this guy being a top 10 QB in the league. Ya he will chuck the ball deep at different angels but that is what people are banking on him being a franchise QB. A franchise QB to me is high completion % low INTs and high TD's. I think Wilson is going to be a guy that puts up 15 or more INTs a season on a regular bases. Like I said before. I'm all done hoping that the Jets do better. I want this team to prove to me that there is hope with a 8 win season fighting for a playoff spot. We as Jet fans deserve this. Anything less should be unacceptable to the fans. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!! I'm tried of the wait we are rebuilding. Then wait we are rebuilding. Then wait we are rebuilding. Then wait we are rebuilding. 

I don't recall us rebuilding in this manner in forever.  It was always a "competitive rebuild" whereby we spent a ton in FA and had crappy drafts.  THAT has never worked.  This is really a first time that I can remember where we mostly forsake FA and will actually build through the draft.  Something many of us have been clamoring for.

What I am really hoping we get from this, is a team that will be competitive for more than a year or two. We have had those teases and it is heartbreaking when they slide right back into suckitude.  Lets see if this method works.  It works for many teams.  Perhaps it is our chance now.

As for the QB situation, yeah we could have kept Sam and built around him.  I was against that only because we saw three years of him (yes, on a crap team without weapons or NFL coaching), but to me, he just did not scream franchise QB.  He would have been OK to good and there have been teams that have been successful with that.  Then the contract would have stifled some of the player acquisitions or resigning our own.  IMO, it was just too risky.  If JD was going to rebuild this team, then rebuild it correctly by getting rid of the mediocre players due for a new contract and the underperformers.  Will Zach lead us to the promised land?  Who knows.  But I am fairly confident saying Sam would not have on the Jets.

5 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

You are literally describing Sam Darnold yet banging the desk that we made a mistake. 

• Like 2