SNF: Goat Bowl, Brady v Belichick, Most overhyped Week 4 game - ever?

Matts4313

It shouldn’t be that hyped. On paper this is a blow out and both teams are on completely different stages of team building.

Using this game as a measure of the “Brady or Belichik” debate is very shallow thinking yet the media is trying to push that narrative.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

It shouldn’t be that hyped. On paper this is a blow out and both teams are on completely different stages of team building.

Using this game as a measure of the “Brady or Belichik” debate is very shallow thinking yet the media is trying to push that narrative.

exactly-yes.gif

Regardless if the game is actually going to be good, it is the first game between Brady and Belichick.  Some would say Belichick is the best head coach ever.  Most would say Brady is the best QB ever.  And the game will be in Foxborough.  It 100% deserves the hype.  The atmosphere alone will be incredible. 

Bill is going to force Brady to run the ball. He is going to leave the box essentially empty and make Tom either throw into stupid coverages or simply hand the ball to Fournette and let him run for 6-7 yards. I also think that's the best chance that they have to win too. Slow this down a ton. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Bill is going to force Brady to run the ball. He is going to leave the box essentially empty and make Tom either throw into stupid coverages or simply hand the ball to Fournette and let him run for 6-7 yards. I also think that's the best chance that they have to win too. Slow this down a ton. 

Considering the Bucs running game struggles it's the only logical way to approach this. 

Belichick did this before against Denver with Manning when K. Moreno ran wild.

Tampa Bay might as well line up Ronald Jones on every snap. Basically both teams know that a running play is coming every time. Would be hilarious to watch.

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Yea I mean, the Patriots are bordering on irrelevant without Brady. There is no reason this game should be that hyped up.

It's hyped up for obvious reasons not because it's expected to be a good game between good teams. There was always a chance we were going to suck, that's why it's week 4 and not week 14.

anyone who says this game will "once and for all settle who the real mastermind of the patriots' success during their era of dominance was", is, might i say, enormously clowny, and does not deserve opinions.

brady's rolling out there with an exemplary head coach and one of the most complete top to bottom rosters in the league. belichick's rolling out with mac jones and a bunch of warm bodies in the receiving corps. i know the narratives are cool and fun and brady vs belichick is sort of cool, but anyone who wants to read tea leaves from a result here when ne get inevitably smashed is a clown. in fact, i think the only way that that storyline (which is an inane one, nevertheless, given they're both in large part responsible for the success of the patriots) may in any way come close to a "solution" is if the patriots manage to shut touchdown tommy down somehow given nobody's been really able to (the rams were able to keep the bucs O in check until relative garbage time i might add but we're yet to see a team force out of brady an "at pittsburgh in week 15 2018" game). still it shouldn't be a terrible game!

• Like 1