SNF: Goat Bowl, Brady v Belichick, Most overhyped Week 4 game - ever?

Matts4313

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You cant believe this to be a true statement. This will be (nearly?) the most watched regular season game of the entire year. To downplay the hype is silly. 

I'm with @THE DUKE. I really don't give two craps about this game and I'll be spending my time doing other things. There are 4 other games this week alone that I'd rather watch; Chiefs/Eagles, Cards/Rams, Ravens/Broncos, and Raiders/Chargers.

I'm sure Pats, Bucs, and Brady fans will enjoy it. But I couldn't care less about the outcome of this game.

After Brady won the Super Bowl last year, all the loudmouth "beer and pizza league" types immediately started spouting off with ridiculous statements like: "Brady was the only reason the Patriots won all those Super Bowls, and Belichick is an average coach who just road the coattails of the GOAT." 

The fact of the matter is that they are BOTH the best ever at what they do, and they both contributed to the success of that dynasty.

While the Bucaneers are a much more complete team than the rebuilding Patriots right now, I would absolutely love to see a situation like @Matts4313talked about where Belichick somehow finds a way to massively outcoach the opponents in this game and come away with the win.  If that happened, the beer and pizza leaguers would have to eat a big serving of crow, and the argument over who was greater could go on forever!  Both of these guys are the GOAT at what they do, and they deserve to be given their due respect, on into the future.

• Like 3

Yes most overhyped ever, and result is beyond doubt. Hoping our pass defense (which actually dishes the worst passer rating in the league for QBs on throws beyond 10 yards so far) doesn't get too overwhelmed and keeps it somewhat close for most of the game. I expect to lose by 15-20 though.

Still love you, Tom and Rob! Do whatever you want. 

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

After Brady won the Super Bowl last year, all the loudmouth "beer and pizza league" types immediately started spouting off with ridiculous statements like: "Brady was the only reason the Patriots won all those Super Bowls, and Belichick is an average coach who just road the coattails of the GOAT." 

And when we won most of our superbowls with Tom, all we heard was how Tom always has good defenses and he's just playing to a system installed by Bill

You just cannot win. People will buy into the narrative of the times. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

The fact of the matter is that they are BOTH the best ever at what they do, and they both contributed to the success of that dynasty.

While the Bucaneers are a much more complete team than the rebuilding Patriots right now, I would absolutely love to see a situation like @Matts4313talked about where Belichick somehow finds a way to massively outcoach the opponents in this game and come away with the win.  If that happened, the beer and pizza leaguers would have to eat a big serving of crow, and the argument over who was greater could go on forever!  Both of these guys are the GOAT at what they do, and they deserve to be given their due respect, on into the future.

On the other hand, if the Bucs win big, this will all get very annoying.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Brady has easily won this divorce and it isn't even close. Plus if the Pats win tomorrow it doesn't matter since it is only a regular season match up. I believe the Patriots are going to get clapped and public chorus will start to turn negatively on Belichick and then that team will miss the playoffs.

All the people making it a point to come in here and talk about how you don't find it interesting.. I just find it a little weird lol. I mean I don't get it tbh. If you're a big enough football fan to be on this website the fact that you aren't drawn to this game in any way shape or form is just bizarre to me. No curiosity in seeing how Bill approaches the game defensively against Brady? How the fans treat Brady? How the place reacts when Brady breaks the all time passing record? How Bill reacts lol?  I mean obviously I agree that this game means nothing in terms of their legacy and the "Tom vs. Bill" debates (which I'm not a fan of in the first place) but, it'll be interesting to see them pitted against each other. And it'll be even cooler because it's in New England and he's going to break the all time passing record during the game (c'mon, so freaking wild). I wish the Patriots weren't so severely overmatched personnel-wise but crazier things have happened than Bill Belichick coaching his way into a victory (not that I'm predicting an upset here). What if Bill manages to stymie the Bucs O? That would be sweet IMO. Even though I'm honestly rooting for Brady to light it up.

Whatever happens tomorrow night, it's pretty cool to see Brady and Belichick face off after dominating the league in tandem for 20 years, and it's so fitting/incredible that Brady will become the all-time passing leader in NFL history during the game.

• Like 1