Week 5 Prospect Talk

rackcs

1 hour ago, Jdolphins18 said:

I really like Mike Rose, his stat line from last 3 years look really good, espescially last year, 5 picks, 2.5 sacks, 99 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, 2 passes batted. Also what do you think of Christian Harris? A lot of people have him ranked as the #1 LB, do you just not consider him a MIKE LB? A few other guys I really like who can play MIKE would be Isaiah Moore, Nate Laidman, Kuomy Deng(crazy size and length, great athlete and instincts), Owen Pappoe, Brandon Smith, Micah McFadden, Jack Sandborn, Olakunle Fatukasi, Jojo Doman, and Noah Taylor.

Christian Harris I have been disappointed in honestly, has not been super impactful this year after being very solid last year.  But his teammate To'o To'o has not been as good either but he is new to the system, at least To'o To'o had some great plays last week in a good Bama defensive effort.   Harris is kind of a cross between a OLB and ILB and not sure which one he does better, is not a great pass rusher so probably a ILB.

Landman I like but he is pretty stiff in coverage and would have to be protected a lot, Deng not sure he has played much at all this year and is injured a lot I believe so not sure how he looks.  Pappoe seems more like a OLB to be, Doman I have been kind of disappointed in his pass rushing this year but is more of a versatile linebacker who can do a bit of everything and is decent enough in coverage.  Moore is tough and I have to watch him more, Taylor I like but Snowden was better than him in college and he is not ripping it up in the league, at least got a shot in the league but will see if he can play much on the Bears, I doubt it this year.  Still if Taylor is not better than Snowden in college not sure he will be better than him in the pros but have to love that length and size.  

McFadden I like a lot and might have him over Sanborn because of his athletic ability, same with Rose but again wish he was more productive this year like he was last year.  

Brandon Smith I love and honestly I think he could be the best OLB in the draft possibly if he keeps playing this year, sure could play ILB if asked also because he is such a good solid athlete.  His teammate Ellis is more the typical ILB type with his strength but sure Smith has the most upside and could be a 1st round pick possibly.  Payton Wilson is another one, big athletic backer but he has been hurt a lot this year and not sure he has played much.

Jake Hansen is a very smart linebacker who makes plays and is a super tough kid, does have a bad injury history though but really reads and reacts well.  Chance Campbell has also played well and could be great as a ILB, is very quick and athletic, good down hill linebacker who can hit.