The Trevon Diggs Thread

textaz03

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

See a lot of roasting of Diggs for giving up the long touchdown. The hate is real. Clearly that one was on Kazee. I don’t care if it was Diggs’ guy — he clearly let up because Kazee was right there and clearly should have made the play.

You are correct and Kazee even stated as much; that said we shouldnt act like the knock on Diggs is totally unwarranted. There have been several times that the cushion he baited with seemed way to large. I thought for sure he was going to get roasted 3-5 times in the Chargers game. It hasnt caught up to him yet, but it will at some point. It always does. 

52 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You are correct and Kazee even stated as much; that said we shouldnt act like the knock on Diggs is totally unwarranted. There have been several times that the cushion he baited with seemed way to large. I thought for sure he was going to get roasted 3-5 times in the Chargers game. It hasnt caught up to him yet, but it will at some point. It always does. 

He guesses a lot - which translates to picks. But people are absolutely gonna burn him on double moves. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I somewhat agree, and certainly agree about the Chargers game. I just feel that the plays he has let up have been far overblown by his detractors. The passer rating against him indicates that he has won far more often than he has lost when defending passes. 
If nothing else I think Trevon will continue to grow in his coverage ability as he gains more experience.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:34 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s been this movement on Twitter lately to paint Diggs as not a very good cornerback. It’s hilarious. And insane.

I'm fascinated by this as well. Going off any site's numbers other than PFF's, you'd rather be better off throwing the ball in the dirt than to Diggs' vicinity. **** you don't even need advanced metrics, the man has caught more touchdowns this year from opposing QBs than he's allowed to be caught, what else is there to say? But between PFF's successful branding, draft priors, anti-Cowboys bias/human proclivity to contrarianism... yeah, you really have people out here acting like Diggs has given up as many big plays as he's made, as if first downs and INTs were created equal. A whole lot of Dunning Kruger and a whole lot of cope.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 10:34 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

There’s been this movement on Twitter lately to paint Diggs as not a very good cornerback. It’s hilarious. And insane.

Are you surprised? since the internet, Forums and social medias started, how many Cowboy players get the true credit the deserve. If there are any, it is usually far and between.

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Are you surprised? since the internet, Forums and social medias started, how many Cowboy players get the true credit the deserve. If there are any, it is usually far and between.

I am a little surprised at the speed of the pivot, honestly. The discourse went from Trevon is a stud to Trevon is the Jamie’s Winston of defense in about 8 seconds flat.

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I am a little surprised at the speed of the pivot, honestly. The discourse went from Trevon is a stud to Trevon is the Jamie’s Winston of defense in about 8 seconds flat.

16 seconds. 

• 2nd & 15 at NE 36

(2:27 - 4th) Trevon Diggs 42 Yd Interception Return (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)

•  

(2:21 - 4th) G.Zuerlein kicks 64 yards from DAL 35 to NE 1. G.Olszewski to NE 25 for 24 yards (K.Neal).

• 1st & 10 at NE 25

(2:11 - 4th) Kendrick Bourne Pass From Mac Jones for 75 Yrds TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. M.Jones pass to J.Meyers is complete. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

16 seconds. 

• 2nd & 15 at NE 36

(2:27 - 4th) Trevon Diggs 42 Yd Interception Return (Two-Point Pass Conversion Failed)

•  

(2:21 - 4th) G.Zuerlein kicks 64 yards from DAL 35 to NE 1. G.Olszewski to NE 25 for 24 yards (K.Neal).

• 1st & 10 at NE 25

(2:11 - 4th) Kendrick Bourne Pass From Mac Jones for 75 Yrds TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. M.Jones pass to J.Meyers is complete. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.

Ha ha, true