Week 5: Packers WIN @ Improved Bengals; Improve to 4-1

FAH1223

Just now, packfanfb said:

I think he's ready to play but the Packers are looking at the Bears next week and their pass rushers so they're giving Jenkins another week off. It's the way they've handled injuries all season (and frankly for years). 

Could be. Cant say.

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Patrick was sorely over-matched in the NFCCG last year so it should think that it's amusing that someone is wanting to replace one over-matched player for another.

Everyone with the exception of Linsley sucked in pass pro vs. TB. Guess who had the lowest overall OL grade and the lowest Pass Block grade in that game. It wasn't Turner, Linsley, Wagner or Patrick. It was Elgton Jenkins. He was as over-matched as anyone. 

Newman can't anchor or move people in the run game. He's been a liability. Patrick has proven to be somewhat better than that. Shouldn't you play the best 5, even if one of them is only a half-notch better than the next guy? 

Interesting......when we traded for the guy, I thought Kelly would be more of a contributor - or a handy guy to have around at least - off nothing more than the amount of playing time / snaps he'd had in his career - but he's been a total non-factor so far. I guess he's just not as talented as the guys ahead of him.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Interesting......when we traded for the guy, I thought Kelly would be more of a contributor - or a handy guy to have around at least - off nothing more than the amount of playing time / snaps he'd had in his career - but he's been a total non-factor so far. I guess he's just not as talented as the guys ahead of him.

He's basically a RT only, and the only guy who hasn't been hurt this year is Turner. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Packers didn't trade for him. 

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think he's ready to play but the Packers are looking at the Bears next week and their pass rushers so they're giving Jenkins another week off. It's the way they've handled injuries all season (and frankly for years). 

If he was ready to play he would be playing, they are not saving any starter that is health for another game down the road. 

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Nijman-Runyan-Patrick-Newman-Turner vs. Hendrickson-Reader-Ogunjobi-Hubbard is about as big of a mismatch between an OL and DL you'll find in the league. If the Packers pull this off I'll be extremely impressed. 

They just did fine against SF. I’m sure they’ll be fine again. 

Jaire 

Z

Bahk

Jenkins 

4 top 8 guys out. Just get the W. How it happens doesn’t matter.