Week 5: Packers WIN @ Improved Bengals; Improve to 4-1

FAH1223

After the big Jones run late in Q4, GB had 4 additional running plays, all in obvious running situations.  Those plays went for 0, -1, -4 and -1 yards.  I expect that played a role in MLF's decision to send Crosby out to (again) attempt a game winner rather than going for that final 4th down.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

MLF said in the presser that a call was heard by the dline which meant not to rush the passer, apparently that call came from the Bengals who have the same name for a different play.

Generally speaking, my days of cursing at the Packers while watching the games are behind me.  But even before Burrow threw the pass, when I saw the DL dropping back and not even trying to rush the QB, I couldn't help myself.

I am not sure what to make of the idea that the call was supposedly made by the CIN offense and was misinterpreted by the entire Packers DL.  Does that make it better or worse from the, "Holy *** that was dumb" standpoint?

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Generally speaking, my days of cursing at the Packers while watching the games are behind me.  But even before Burrow threw the pass, when I saw the DL dropping back and not even trying to rush the QB, I couldn't help myself.

I am not sure what to make of the idea that the call was supposedly made by the CIN offense and was misinterpreted by the entire Packers DL.  Does that make it better or worse from the, "Holy *** that was dumb" standpoint?

I am a ball of cursing negativity during any game we aren't comfortably ahead.  But I am completely over it 5 minutes after the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   Everyone needs someone like Aaron Jones. Asked what he said to Mason Crosby after his misses, Jones said: "I went up to him and just told him I loved him."

well, i cant blame him for missing 4 times then.

i will take Aaron Jones saying he loves me four times and then hit that game winner

best day ever