Week 5: Packers WIN @ Improved Bengals; Improve to 4-1

FAH1223

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Making the safety miss in the hole is a play that maybe 5-10 RBs in the league make. Again, this is yet another reason why people need to shut up about resigning Jones to what was basically a two-year, very team-friendly deal. He's worth it. 

You'd think he was trash this year I swear, I know a lot didn't like the contract but that doesn't make him a worse player all the sudden. 

Crosby is the kind of kicker who you expect to be reliable because he has been reliable, but a game like this can happen at any time.  He's not even streaky, per se, but he is coming off 3 very good seasons, especially for him.  Problem is that he also hasn't had high volume during these good seasons.

Last year he only attempted 16 regular season field goal kicks, not a huge sample size. 

Which is ONLY 16 MORE THAN MYSELF.

Crosby is fine, and like most beloved kickers, he is beloved because he is put into good positions by his team to win games, and he didn't shrink in the moment.  He has also made some long kicks in really big spots.  Most kickers are average to good players who are  simply reflections of the quality of their teams, not ones that actually help their team win all that much.

Praise him for his durability, praise him for his ability to get guys down on kickoffs.  But don't praise him for being some kicking savant.  And by that same logic don't knock him for a game like this.  In 3-4 weeks the beat will be reporting on how Crosby and the snapper/holder "fixed the process" and that there were problems with the operation.  But it's all just cover for what amounts to random variance.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm the only one who gets this? Lol

I created the stat in my original postings in 2018, and like usual incog is just regurgitating his typical "I only pay attention to XYZAR or XYZVOA, I don't watch the football games they are a distraction from measured logical posting"

Don't pretend I DON'T get it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Norm said:

You'd think he was trash this year I swear, I know a lot didn't like the contract but that doesn't make him a worse player all the sudden. 

Especially considering the OL has had abysmal run blocking grades through five weeks. Can't wait to get 69 back and slide Jenkins back into OG. Myers will continue to progress and then either Runyan or Newman at RG. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I created the stat in my original postings in 2018, and like usual incog is just regurgitating his typical "I only pay attention to XYZAR or XYZVOA, I don't watch the football games they are a distraction from measured logical posting"

Don't pretend I DON'T get it.

lol

are you trying to take credit for my creation of OAKYAR??

This is a weird post. I've been saying for years that Crosby is an average kicker (since I created that metric)

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

If you consider we didn't have Jenkins, Bak or Myers in there I thought the OL did better than expected.

True and I wasnt ragging on the OL - simply that in that circumstance, Cindy had the box PACKED with bodies so the likelihood of the OL getting any push was nil indeed IMO. 

Put Bak, Jenkins & Myers back into that equation....perhaps I'll think differently - but yesterday was not the day to tempt fate.

I'm not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing but Rodgers is really targeting Adams at a mad rate.

Through 5 games Adams is leading the league in target at 61. Number two on our team for WRs is MVS at 15. I'm really suprised Lazard has only had 10 targets after how he has been playng previously. Even our targets to Tonyan have dropped he is only been looked at 17 so far.

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

I'm not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing but Rodgers is really targeting Adams at a mad rate.

Through 5 games Adams is leading the league in target at 61. Number two on our team for WRs is MVS at 15. I'm really suprised Lazard has only had 10 targets after how he has been playng previously. Even our targets to Tonyan have dropped he is only been looked at 17 so far.

in his defense, 17 has been dominate so it's working right now

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

I think most kickers have bad days like this.  I remember a game in Detroit not that many years ago when Mason couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.  We lost that one if memory serves...

Yes we did.  Probably had to figure it was coming after making 26 straight or whatever that was.