Week 5: Packers WIN @ Improved Bengals; Improve to 4-1

FAH1223

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not sure what happened with Tonyan .. touchdown machine last year. I don't think he got worse overnight.  Packers need to tighten up their redzone game. 

I think it's just a matter of defenses now being more aware of him as a threat and are less likely to lose track of him

5 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not sure what happened with Tonyan .. touchdown machine last year. I don't think he got worse overnight.  Packers need to tighten up their redzone game. 

Having our preferred OL will help free up our TEs, especially Tonyan, in the passing game. He’s been having to help and chip in the blocking scheme more than he would if everyone was back. 

Deguara is who I’m worried about. This is the second game in a row where I’ve seen him actively missing an assignment or falling down and creating negative plays. 

Per JSO

A big reason the Packers' defense gave up a shocking, 70-yard touchdown against the Bengals before halftime Sunday is because of how well it knows its own offense.

LaFleur said his defense heard a term the Packers offense uses in its playbook. The Packers defended that term like it was the same play, but it wasn’t. 

“Our guys thought they heard something that we actually have in our offense,” LaFleur said, “that I don’t know if Cincinnati has in their offense or not, in terms of the same words for the same play. So our guys thought they heard that, and they were playing that play. Unfortunately, they guessed wrong.  

That is so dumb I wouldn't believe it if the explanation wasn't coming straight from the team.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Per JSO

That is so dumb I wouldn't believe it if the explanation wasn't coming straight from the team.

This is literally why I have a hard time listening to MLF pressers a lot of the time. We lose a game and it's "well we weren't prepared enough"....well who's XXXXing job is that???

Now this quote? I'll give you a quote and I'll give you a Joe Biden quote: what a bunch of malarkey....

Let's not kid ourselves; they blew the coverage and it wasn't like a defender was nowhere near Chase at all. In fact, if Savage times his leap better(or better yet plays the receiver and not the ball) that's not a TD; plain and simple. I'm pretty sure that we would've been ok with a PI call on that one considering the alternative...

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

This is literally why I have a hard time listening to MLF pressers a lot of the time. We lose a game and it's "well we weren't prepared enough"....well who's XXXXing job is that???

Now this quote? I'll give you a quote and I'll give you a Joe Biden quote: what a bunch of malarkey....

Let's not kid ourselves; they blew the coverage and it wasn't like a defender was nowhere near Chase at all. In fact, if Savage times his leap better(or better yet plays the receiver and not the ball) that's not a TD; plain and simple. I'm pretty sure that we would've been ok with a PI call on that one considering the alternative...

I can't think of a better/more honest way to answer that question. I was critical of MLF this game, but there's nothing at all wrong with that response. He's obviously telling the truth, and the truth was regarding the lack of pass rush (and not the coverage).

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I can't think of a better/more honest way to answer that question. I was critical of MLF this game, but there's nothing at all wrong with that response. He's obviously telling the truth, and the truth was regarding the lack of pass rush (and not the coverage).

I never know what they're supposed to say. What is the correct answer after all that happened? 

Seems they aren't mad at answers, and just how the game went. I never know what the dudes are supposed to say... It's never good enough

On 10/11/2021 at 1:47 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

I partially blame his current disappearance on LaFleur/hackett.  The play action in the red zone that was springing him loose for TDs last year hasn't been called enough this year.

Edited by LLcheesehead12

21 minutes ago, Norm said:

I never know what they're supposed to say. What is the correct answer after all that happened? 

Seems they aren't mad at answers, and just how the game went. I never know what the dudes are supposed to say... It's never good enough

i'm just more than pleased when I hear them say something meaningful and sensical to the situation that gives a nugget of insight I'd otherwise never had had :)

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Anybody noted that Patrick has direct snapped the ball to Aaron Jones 3 times throughout his spot starts at C? Impressive amount of times to occur without disaster.

in the next presser we'll learn that we have a call for that play that our opponents have a similar defensive call for that has been causing it