• Keelan Cole
    • Jamison Crowder
    • C.J. Mosely
    • Quinnen Williams
    • Quincy Williams
    • John Franklin-Meyers
    • Bryce Huff
    • Other

I know it's late, but let's get some positivity up in here. Who impressed you?

Zach Wilson: 21/34 for 297 yards (8.7 YPA), 2 TD, 1 INT, 97.3 passer rating, 1 sack taken

Corey Davis: 4 rec for 111 yards, 1 TD

Keelan Cole: 3 rec for 92 yards

Jamison Crowder: 6 rec for 71 yards, 1 TD, security blanket role

C.J. Mosely: 10 tackles, 1 sack, 1 TFL, seemed to be everywhere making plays

Quinnen Williams: 2 sacks and a TFL

Quincy Williams: 1 sack and 2 TFL

John Franklin-Meyers: 1 sack and 2 TFL

Bryce Huff: 1.5 sacks and 1 TFL

I wanted to mention most of the DL/LBs because of how dominant they were. Henry got his yards but we kept them to FGs a bunch of times and had 7 sacks.

Also worth mentioning how well the CBs held up. Tannehill was held to about 6.1 YPA

Glad someone made this post! 

I wanted to go with Davis with the amount of times he got open and the plays he made. Not credited to him here was w would be TD on a boot leg left, that Wilson didn't see and scrambled instead and the 40ish yard DPI that he drew. Ultimately, though, I went with Wilson because early Davis was just plain bad. He slipped and cost the team a turnover and also had a couple drops that killed drives.

Honestly though, i think the D-line as a group might be most deserving. They kept Tannehill uncomfortable for large stretched and did a decent job dealing with Henry.

• Like 1

Zach has to be the most exciting QB we've had since Favre. When he's on, he can do things that guys like Sanchez, Geno, and even Darnold weren't going to come close to. There's a long way to go to see if he'll actually be better than any of those guys, but either way we'll get to see some nice deep shots.

And also, with Cole and Crowder getting into things, it suddenly looks like we'd hoped and that our WR corps could be a strength of the team. With a depth chart of:

Davis

Crowder

Cole

Moore

Berrios

Mims (possibly permanently in the doghouse)

we'll definitely have favourite matchups against #3 CBs and beyond.

24 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Glad someone made this post! 

I wanted to go with Davis with the amount of times he got open and the plays he made. Not credited to him here was w would be TD on a boot leg left, that Wilson didn't see and scrambled instead and the 40ish yard DPI that he drew. Ultimately, though, I went with Wilson because early Davis was just plain bad. He slipped and cost the team a turnover and also had a couple drops that killed drives.

Honestly though, i think the D-line as a group might be most deserving. They kept Tannehill uncomfortable for large stretched and did a decent job dealing with Henry.

I forgot about the DPI, good call out. And I didn't notice the would-be TD.

Definitely fair to say he started slowly though. Every drop this team has is a killer it feels like. And it's a shame we couldn't have a turnover free day due to Davis' slip.

Gotta pick the kid. As good as the defense was I think the entire unit played their roles well enough. Zach made 5 or 6 plays that changed the course of the game for us. 

Gotta go with Zach. It was far from perfect and those easy tosses that could have sealed the deal are still a little upsetting but those off platform throws were absolutely insane. He led the victory. 

Edited by ekill08x
6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Gotta go with Zach. It was far from perfect and those easy tosses that could have sealed the deal are still a little upsetting but those off platform throws were absolutely insane. He led the victory. 

I agree but those sideline out routes are one of the toughest passes to make especially for a rookie QB.  NFL QB's need to make that throw but it ain't easy.  He is almost the opposite of Sam.  Sam was OK on the short and intermediate routes but not so much on the long ball.  Zach is the reverse.  I do think it may be easier to "fix" the short passing game.  Most likely it will coincide with more confidence in his OL.  Right now I think Zach is a bit nervous standing in the pocket.  Poor footwork because he has happy feet.

It's gotta be defense. We had 3 key redzone stops that made the comeback even possible. Mosley was amazing when it came to stopping Derrick Henry, but I ultimately voted for Quincy. I was seeing 56 everywhere, and man does he love to hit.

• Like 1

Wilson made throws to win the game, he injected life into the offense. He put the offense on his back. Yes he could have closed the game, but the throws he made is why we took him. He has the ability to make difference making throws that few can. 

The bomb to Cole could have been a TD if he didn't fall down.  Then that bomb to Davis, he read the defense saw a hole and had the confidence to drop a dime 60 yards in air. That is special talent. 

If he reaches his potential, hes the kind of QB who you might have a lead on but then he just starts firing strikes all over the field gets quick TDs then brings a team back.  He can threaten the entire field with how live his arm is.  That OT drive he threw another dime to Cole on the sidelines. There he was able to put touch on the ball and drop it in the bread basket.  It was a good game from Wilson.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Wilson made throws to win the game, he injected life into the offense. He put the offense on his back. Yes he could have closed the game, but the throws he made is why we took him. He has the ability to make difference making throws that few can. 

The bomb to Cole could have been a TD if he didn't fall down.  Then that bomb to Davis, he read the defense saw a hole and had the confidence to drop a dime 60 yards in air. That is special talent. 

If he reaches his potential, hes the kind of QB who you might have a lead on but then he just starts firing strikes all over the field gets quick TDs then brings a team back.  He can threaten the entire field with how live his arm is.  That OT drive he threw another dime to Cole on the sidelines. There he was able to put touch on the ball and drop it in the bread basket.  It was a good game from Wilson.

Exactly the reason why I question selecting a QB like that only to pigeon hole him into a “boring” pass O.  Play to the kids strengths then coach him into being a complete QB. LaPew is going to kill this kids confidence. Par for the course with this team I guess. 

Crowder's been one of my favourite Jets since he came here. He's what absolutely every team needs and I was shocked that we were apparently considering trading him in the offseason. Even with guys like Davis, Moore, and Cole joining us... you just don't get rid of a guy who's proven he can produce here consistently, even in a Gase offense. He's underpaid and not old. I would totally extend him even. Doubly so if we're going to toss Mims out with the garbage.