How to fix this

deeluxx3

After Tanny's emergence and our thrilling run to the AFCCG, and even with last year's division title, this team's winning ways have sputtered. 10-8 in our last 18. Trending down.

What needs to be done to fix this? Fire someone? If so, who? Is the team even THAT good on paper?

Us as fans have probably overrated a large part of the team. Last two drafts have been garbage in terms of 2021 contribution and we've lost most people we've drafted that have came around for a 2nd contract. Depth is bad across the board and the team is top heavy in talent and salary. Massive contracts in Dupree and Jones on the sideline. Looking at potentially needing to do to the OL this off-season what we did to the secondary last off-season.

Coordinators seems to be bottom of the league quality across the board. Even special teams is garbage. 

Team has been hot and cold, week-to-week for several years, dating back to Mularkey. It made more sense before we had consistent QB play, but we don't have that excuse anymore. We seem to have a culture of taking off days and taking it easy. We see it in practice and it may translate to the games.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Get healthy and hope the top-end talent can overcome. That’s the hope. The only real hope in the short-term.

The short term bubble will soon pop if it hasn't already. What we have going on now isn't sustainable long-term.

What would you do? If firing Vrabel really the right move? Firing Robinson?

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

The short term bubble will soon pop if it hasn't already. What we have going on now isn't sustainable long-term.

give vrabel the same ultimatum we gave mularkey but on the other side of the ball- hand the defensive keys over to someone else or hit the road.

Edited by -Hope-

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

I fire Robinson. Not because I think he’s a bad general manager, but because I have a fundamental disagreement with his vision for a football team. And because of his failures over the last two offseasons. But mostly just the philosophical differences.

The easier answer is to get a modern offensive coordinator and get Vrabel to hand off control of the defense to an outside hire. But there’s nothing I’ve seen that indicates it is practical. From Conklin, CD, Henry, Wilson, Radunz, Saffold, etc., etc., it’s clear the concept of the offensive philosophy is Robinson based just as much as it’s Vrabel based. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And the fire Robinson train has come back to the station.

I’ll just wait til the next win where he becomes the savviest GM in the league again.

I don’t really think it’ll happen. We reached the AFCCG and he’s done nothing to improve this team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Get healthy and hope the top-end talent can overcome. That’s the hope. The only real hope in the short-term.

Yea, the only hope is that we get healthy this year.

AJ needs to get healthy and really elevate his play to another level. But who knows if the offensive scheme will allow for that. 

Dupree returns to 100, makes impact and isn’t just another Clowney type sign.

Farley graces the field and shores up the coverage with Fulton. That’s a high hope.

Trade for a TE? Idk who is out there or available?

I don’t know how the O line turns it around. They look so bad. Ever other play we are picking them up off the ground. Jones, Saffold, and Lewan combine to be a 100 years old so that’s fun.

The fact that we have drafted Radunz and Wilson and have no snaps to show for it is so inexcusable. If we don’t get anything out of Farley or Radunz this year, a conversation absolutely needs to be had about Robinson and if you don’t think that, that’s just ludicrous.

Ughhh. When are we gonna figure this out. I just want a real chance at a super bowl. The agony.

I don’t want Robinson fired 

Don’t get me wrong, days like today are very frustrating 

But I didn’t forget what things were before him and there are still way worse situations in the NFL than the Titans 

I just hate lately that basically when we draft it’s never to help us in the year we drafted them it’s for the year after 

Fulton wasn’t a factor most of last year but has been our number 1 CB this year 

Farley Radunz and others will probably be non existent this year and then next year a few guys will pan out and we’ll be saying how great JRob is 

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I fire Robinson. Not because I think he’s a bad general manager, but because I have a fundamental disagreement with his vision for a football team. And because of his failures over the last two offseasons. But mostly just the philosophical differences.

The easier answer is to get a modern offensive coordinator and get Vrabel to hand off control of the defense to an outside hire. But there’s nothing I’ve seen that indicates it is practical. From Conklin, CD, Henry, Wilson, Radunz, Saffold, etc., etc., it’s clear the concept of the offensive philosophy is Robinson based just as much as it’s Vrabel based. 

As I think on this more, I will note that it’s not necessarily that I want Robinson the talent evaluator gone. It’s that I have no faith that Robinson the General Manager will do what is required to make the wholesale changes required to actually contend for a title. And if he’s not willing to force Vrabel to hand over control and conduct a real coordinator search, then I want someone in charge that will.

I've been a Vrabel supporter for the most part. Hate the good ol' boy buddy system approach he's had to the defense, but for the most part I've given Vrabs a pass because he's gotten us to a place where we have been contending consistently. However, I can't help but feel like the "Same Ol Titans" M.O. is still rearing its ugly head with this team. We lose to teams that we should beat, and then we beat teams that nobody thinks we have a shot against. It's always one step forward two steps back with this team. We played terrible against the Jets today. Got outcoached and outplayed by a team that we have no business losing to if we consider ourselves real contenders. 

I'm frustrated as hell after today. I feel like we'll rebound next week and get things back on track, but it's getting hard to imagine a scenario where this coaching staff as it's currently constructed is taking us to a Super Bowl. There's a piece of me that believes Vrabel could get us there with better coordinators. The sad thing is I think the combo of this year's roster and Art/Pees as our coordinators could've given us a great shot, but I feel like currently we're staring down the inevitable collision course where we ask Vrabel to make staff changes or we part ways with him.

I don't want to go through another coaching change, but damn is it frustrating watching us waste away the prime Ryan and Derrick years. We only have so many shots at this thing with the core as it's currently constructed. The clock is ticking.