Week 4 Postgame: Big Ben sucks, Packers don’t?

mikebpackfan

11 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I wonder if the Steelers will be a player in the Rodgers sweepstakes if he still wants out after this season?  He'd be a good fit there actually .. as long as they revamp their Oline.

Rodgers like Payton, Rivers and Brady will definitely only go to a team with a strong OLine. Definitely don’t want to spend your twilight seasons running for your life. Pitt would have to make a real investment there. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

When I saw this live, I wasn't even concerned about the penalty by Stokes because I assumed it was off-setting at best.....then there was no flag for holding. 

It's not a hold. From the NFL Rulebook on exceptions to offensive holding:

(i) if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a “rip” technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.

This is at the core of a ton of the anger around offensive holding that goes seemingly uncalled. If you're gonna rip you have to clear hands first, or you let the OL legally mug you.

53 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

It's not a hold. From the NFL Rulebook on exceptions to offensive holding:

This is at the core of a ton of the anger around offensive holding that goes seemingly uncalled. If you're gonna rip you have to clear hands first, or you let the OL legally mug you.

Fair enough. When the OT's arm gets up around his neck as he's going by you, I think most refs are throwing the flag there. Below the neck, I think the arm-bar gets a no-call more often. 

7 minutes ago, PackFiend said:

So this week we have Steelers fans getting all excited Rodgers will want to go there because…..he shared a quick fun head nod with Tomlin after, I believe, Rodgers tried to get them with 12 men on the field. 

Rodgers also spoke about Tomlin in glowing terms .. he likes the guy.  We want them to get excited ... blow that Rodgers value thru the roof.  In the end I think Rodgers will ink a new deal in GB.

49 minutes ago, PackFiend said:

So this week we have Steelers fans getting all excited Rodgers will want to go there because…..he shared a quick fun head nod with Tomlin after, I believe, Rodgers tried to get them with 12 men on the field. 

PTI covered it as a story Thursday...

The issue with PIT and Rodgers is the draft capital they will gain this year would go to GB. That offensive line is a mess, like everyone has said.

Plus they would need to resign JuJu or sign Adams if he walks. That takes away from going out and getting oline help.

I mean if Rodgers is willing to rework his deal to take big massive discount. Which if he did... would be such a knife twist. Because he could of done that in GB to get the guys he wants.

** also remember the Steelers oline made keke look like something.

Edited by Green19

Anybody else kinda love that this game was won by the three studs we all expected: Keke, Cobb and Bojorquez?  I mean jokes aside, the fact that some of the depth pieces finally made some noise is a potential big deal for this team's chances.  At some point in a playoff run you need a game just like this, where your blue chip guys do their thing, but it's the rotational/situational guys who end up being essential.  Cobb especially was big, because he's a beloved locker room guy but still needed to prove he was worth the effort from the FO.  We all know he's Rodgers's security blanket, but that hits a lot different if he's out there picking up clutch third down after clutch third down.  He can't be a wasted spot in the read order, but I'm A-OK with it if he's producing like that.

• Like 3