MNF: Raiders (3-0) @ Chargers (2-1) -

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Oak... Las Vegas Raiders
    • San... Los Angeles Chargers

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Little baffling how the Chargers couldn’t take advantage of the Raiders secondary that we’re playing both back up outside CBs. That would worry me a little. 

Gus has a great scheme. A big Allen drop over Perryman, Herbert missed a big play to wide open Williams. Hobbs and Hayward, still very good. But they should if went to Williams more. Thats too good of a match up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Little baffling how the Chargers couldn’t take advantage of the Raiders secondary that we’re playing both back up outside CBs. That would worry me a little. 

Weirder that we didn't even try to. 

That was a good game, played better than I expected, especially on defense. 

Offensive play calling is still shady at times, we try to mix a lot of stuff, and that can unbalance our rythim. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I mean...

Player  CP/ATT  YDS  TD  INT
Justin Herbert  25/38 222 3 0

yeah... less than 6 ypa, and with very few of his yards coming against corners. i dont think herbert played a great game (though he was great in the red zone. his arm strength really does shine in their short passing game). 

but like i said, in a game where they were running all over the raiders, its not like they needed to lean on herbert to carry the offense. he ran it well. it did just feel weird that the raiders corners werent picked on given how thin they were back there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I want the chunk plays. Herbert's ypa is taking a beating

I’ll take wins over chunk plays if we need to sacrifice something.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

I’ll take wins over chunk plays if we need to sacrifice something.

yeah i think herbert ran the offense well, and its clear they had a very specific gameplan for this week that didnt involve them throwing deep regularly into cover 3.

but on his few opportunities to connect past 15 yards, he hit one to cook early, and otherwise missed a few times. dont think its indicative of a trend or anything. just my observation

• Like 2

Just now, Turnobili said:

yeah... less than 6 ypa, and with very few of his yards coming against corners. i dont think herbert played a great game (though he was great in the red zone. his arm strength really does shine in their short passing game). 

but like i said, in a game where they were running all over the raiders, its not like they needed to lean on herbert to carry the offense. he ran it well. it did just feel weird that the raiders corners werent picked on given how thin they were back there

They didn't target them much but when they did they got the results they needed (in the red zone) The Raiders also lost 2 starters in the game and you go into a game with an expected gameplan to face those two opponents but when they go out you don't change the game plan if it's working.

• Like 2