Josh Allen or Justin Herbert

Better QB  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

• Josh Allen
    • Justin Herbert

How many more threads do you two need?

Herbert is only in the first quarter of his 2nd year.    He definitely had a better start to his career than Allen, but Allen was more raw coming out. 

Going forward, I think they are neck and neck.    

I dont like judging players much until after their 2nd full year....but Hebert is obviously the real deal.   Only question is how good will he be?

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, 43M said:

How many more threads do you two need?

At the very least, they can take it to Comparisons...

• Like 3

I feel this needs more time to play out but I went with Herbert, he has never seemed to be truly overwhelmed at any point in his young career, so I feel that gives him the edge atm. Though Allen has the tools and athletic talents that are sort of impossible to defend. I just feel like I trust the mental makeup of Herbert a little more than Allen, even though I believe Allen is the greater competitor.

I haven’t seen any LaC fans say Herbert is better than Allen. 

I did see you ask @Bearerofnews if he thought so, to which he answered “no, not as of right now”.

This thread just basically sums you up as a poster. Desperate, attention seeking and embarrassing. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, BigTrav said:

I haven’t seen any LaC fans say Herbert is better than Allen. 

I did see you ask @Bearerofnews if he thought so, to which he answered “no, not as of right now”.

This thread just basically sums you up as a poster. Desperate, attention seeking and embarrassing. 

It's crazy that he thinks Herbo doesn't have the same potential when they are virtually the same qbs in alot of ways. I stick by my statement that Herb has no ceiling.

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

It's crazy that he thinks Herbo doesn't have the same potential when they are virtually the same qbs in alot of ways. I stick by my statement that Herb has no ceiling.

I’m not sure he knows how to think, tbh

14 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

They similar but not the same. Josh Allen is a way better running QB than Herbert. And he has a stronger arm. Herbert has a great arm no doubt but he is clearly behind Mahomes and Allen when it comes to arm strength.

But what really separates these two is rushing ability. Last year Herbert averaged 4.3 yards a carry... Josh Allen during his rookie season averaged 7.1 yards an attempt. 

Yes theyre similar but Allens physical tools are slightly better than Herberts

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

They similar but not the same. Josh Allen is a way better running QB than Herbert. And he has a stronger arm. Herbert has a great arm no doubt but he is clearly behind Mahomes and Allen when it comes to arm strength.

But what really separates these two is rushing ability. Last year Herbert averaged 4.3 yards a carry... Josh Allen during his rookie season averaged 7.1 yards an attempt. 

Yes theyre similar but Allens physical tools are slightly better than Herberts

Yeah I'm not buying the stronger arm. I don't see anyone's passes carry the way Herbert's passes carry. They literally increase trajectory on deep throws. There isn't a throw Mahomes or Allen can make that Herbert can't. You are way selling Herbert's arm short.

Herbert is a more accurate passer, especially from the pocket. The difference is, Herbert doesnt rely on his legs as much as Allen. Allen is a more violent aggressive runner. So i guess it depends on if that qualifies as better or different.  Again, you are selling short Herbert's elite physical tools.