Josh Allen or Justin Herbert

NYRaider

Better QB  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

• Josh Allen
    • Justin Herbert

I posted this in the other thread but right now Herbert is being coached to be more of a traditional QB than Allen. I think this will help him succeed in the long term. But he’s not quite there yet. Yesterday was just a horrible day because we couldn’t protect him at all.

Herbert has taken a reverse approach compared to Mahomes, Allen and Jackson. Rather than playing with a playmaking mentality, holding the ball to create opportunities downfield and then learning to rein it in, he’s learning to play the game traditionally early in his career. Since his first start, he’s routinely hit the last step of his drop and gets rid of the ball with no hitch or just one or two hitches. He has such immense arm talent that he can throw his first or second read open when there is just a small crease to fit the ball into and he does so in a way that’s safe.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, Xenos said:

I posted this in the other thread but right now Herbert is being coached to be more of a traditional QB than Allen. I think this will help him succeed in the long term. But he’s not quite there yet. Yesterday was just a horrible day because we couldn’t protect him at all.

Not sure about the Chargers offensive line, but the Bills’ offensive line sucks, Allen couldn’t stay in the pocket in a “traditional” sense without it hurting the offense. He also has absolutely zero run game behind him. Dude has Devin Singletary Zac Moss and Matt Brieda lmao

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Not sure about the Chargers offensive line, but the Bills’ offensive line sucks, Allen couldn’t stay in the pocket in a “traditional” sense without it hurting the offense. He also has absolutely zero run game behind him. Dude has Devin Singletary Zac Moss and Matt Brieda lmao

Our OL was near the bottom last year, if not the bottom. It’s better this year but the right side is a liability with both our starting RG and RT out this season. Herbert is not making the same plays under pressure like he did last season and that’s to be expected since passer rating under pressure is so volatile.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hnmmm

I take Allen due to how crazy good he's been in big games this year. I LOVE that quality in a QB. Herbert just has to prove it, and I think he will, too. I mean- the dude willed his team back against the LVR. How many 4th downs did he convert?! 

I truly believe the difference in talent between Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert is going to be razor thin. Burrows is another guy to keep an eye on.

Mahomes has the advantage of having the best coach of the bunch, and a good GM. Buffalo also has a good coach/GM combo, but Reid is on another level. That may be the difference in how much hardware these QBs collect by the end of their careers...

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Just say you don’t have an argument 

Lmao, I thought you were joking at first but I don't think you are.

How is the below? We'll take a look at since Herbert came into the league. I wanna preface by saying I think Herbert is a top 5 QB but your arrogance at the original question is the only reason I'm going this deep. 

I also won't include postseason because Herbert hasn't made it there yet, but Allen has won 3 playoff games before 25. He also has the 2nd highest playoff passer rating ever in NFL history (granted only 6 game sample size). So he's got the clutch gene as well. 

• Total yards
    • Allen : 10,135
    • Herbert : 9,886
  • Total TDs
    • Allen : 88
    • Herbert : 77
  • Completion %
    • Allen : 66.1%
    • Herbert : 66.2%
  • INTs
    • Allen 25
    • Herbert 25
  • Record 
    • Allen 24-9
    • Herbert : 16-17

TL;DR : Allen has a better record, more TDs, more yards, more playoff wins and has proven he can perform in the highest games. Maybe I'll change my mind after next season but we'll see. 

Edited by The BILLievers

1 hour ago, The BILLievers said:

Lmao, I thought you were joking at first but I don't think you are.

How is the below? We'll take a look at since Herbert came into the league. I wanna preface by saying I think Herbert is a top 5 QB but your arrogance at the original question is the only reason I'm going this deep. 

I also won't include postseason because Herbert hasn't made it there yet, but Allen has won 3 playoff games before 25. He also has the 2nd highest playoff passer rating ever in NFL history (granted only 6 game sample size). So he's got the clutch gene as well. 

• Total yards
    • Allen : 10,135
    • Herbert : 9,886
  • Total TDs
    • Allen : 88
    • Herbert : 77
  • Completion %
    • Allen : 66.1%
    • Herbert : 66.2%
  • INTs
    • Allen 25
    • Herbert 25
  • Record 
    • Allen 24-9
    • Herbert : 16-17

TL;DR : Allen has a better record, more TDs, more yards, more playoff wins and has proven he can perform in the highest games. Maybe I'll change my mind after next season but we'll see. 

Just throw him on ignore like everyone else does. Dude simps hard for Oregon alumni. You should've seen the nonsense posted about Mariota.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 6:19 AM, WizeGuy said:

I take Allen due to how crazy good he's been in big games this year. I LOVE that quality in a QB. Herbert just has to prove it, and I think he will, too. I mean- the dude willed his team back against the LVR. How many 4th downs did he convert?! 

I truly believe the difference in talent between Mahomes, Allen, and Herbert is going to be razor thin. Burrows is another guy to keep an eye on.

Mahomes has the advantage of having the best coach of the bunch, and a good GM. Buffalo also has a good coach/GM combo, but Reid is on another level. That may be the difference in how much hardware these QBs collect by the end of their careers...

😅

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Just throw him on ignore like everyone else does. Dude simps hard for Oregon alumni. You should've seen the nonsense posted about Mariota.

Yeah it's all making sense now lol  - I should've just left it at my initial response about his display name and avi.

Don't get me a wrong, an argument can be made for Herbert but not as convincing as this alumni thinks. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Yeah it's all making sense now lol  - I should've just left it at my initial response about his display name and avi.

Don't get me a wrong, an argument can be made for Herbert but not as convincing as this alumni thinks. 

If they all came out at the same time, I think it would be Burrow, Herbert, and Allen. But as it is, Herbert is last because Allen had a two year head start to develop/refine his raw skills while Burrow has him beat because of the mental game. I see Herbert finally catching up and breaking out in 2022. It’ll help to finally have the same OC again since his high school days. Just need to fix the right side of that OL.

Edited by Xenos