Josh Allen or Justin Herbert

NYRaider

Better QB  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

• Josh Allen
    • Justin Herbert

25 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yeah I'm not buying the stronger arm. I don't see anyone's passes carry the way Herbert's passes carry. They literally increase trajectory on deep throws. There isn't a throw Mahomes or Allen can make that Herbert can't. You are way selling Herbert's arm short.

Herbert is a more accurate passer, especially from the pocket. The difference is, Herbert doesnt rely on his legs as much as Allen. Allen is a more violent aggressive runner. So i guess it depends on if that qualifies as better or different.  Again, you are selling short Herbert's elite physical tools.

I dont think im selling short his physical tools. I just think as far as tools goes Allen and Mahomes are the clear top 2 in the NFL today.  However i think Herbert is the clear #3. Not a knock on Herbert.... but Mahomes and Allen are generational talents. I dont think there is anyone in the history of the NFL that has arm talent like those 2. Justin Herbert i see similar too a prime Matt Stafford in terms of arm talent... which is definitely not a knock. Allen and Mahomes what seperates them is the passes they can make on the move... no one else can complete some of their passes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmart128 said:

I dont think im selling short his physical tools. I just think as far as tools goes Allen and Mahomes are the clear top 2 in the NFL today.  However i think Herbert is the clear #3. Not a knock on Herbert.... but Mahomes and Allen are generational talents. I dont think there is anyone in the history of the NFL that has arm talent like those 2. Justin Herbert i see similar too a prime Matt Stafford in terms of arm talent... which is definitely not a knock. Allen and Mahomes what seperates them is the passes they can make on the move... no one else can complete some of their passes.

I strongly disagree. I think Herbert's physical tools are generational as well. I think right now he is a better pure pocket passer than both. I don't see anyone out dueling Herb throw for throw. Not to say he would out duel everyone. But he would hold court. So we'll just agree to disagree.

Why not both?

I think they could spend their entire careers being neck and neck with each other. Both fans should realistically hope for or expect at least one SB title IMO. 

I don’t know as much about Herbert as I do Allen, but both seem like perfect fits for their organizations and cities.

• Like 3

On 10/6/2021 at 12:10 AM, BigTrav said:

Both have ridiculous arms, no point trying to find a differentiating aspect there. Use other things. 

who is better under pressure? 

Herbert definitely has the better hair. Probably best hair in the NFL if we are being honest. We haven’t seen hair like this since CBJ. 

It's close for me. But I'm going with Allen.

Herbert was better coming out and came into a better situation. 

Allen proved everyone wrong, made ridiculous strides, and has effectively managed to reset his own untapped ceiling. 

No offense to the Bills, but imagine Allen with some legit weapons beyond Stefon Diggs and the solid but unremarkable cast of Sanders, Beasley, and Knox. 

Herbert has routine top-5 potential, but I genuinely believe Allen could wind up being the best QB in the NFL. 

On 10/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, Kmart128 said:

They similar but not the same. Josh Allen is a way better running QB than Herbert. And he has a stronger arm. Herbert has a great arm no doubt but he is clearly behind Mahomes and Allen when it comes to arm strength.

But what really separates these two is rushing ability. Last year Herbert averaged 4.3 yards a carry... Josh Allen during his rookie season averaged 7.1 yards an attempt. 

Yes theyre similar but Allens physical tools are slightly better than Herberts

Yup Allen does better physical tools than Herbert. Not a knock since Allen’s measureables are just a crazy outlier.

What I like so far about Herbert is his mental processing and how he plays from the pocket. But also has the ability to make out of structure plays. He seems to be digesting that Sean Payton NO scheme well so far. If he becomes a more physically talented Drew Brees then watch out.