Josh Allen or Justin Herbert

NYRaider

Better QB  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

• Josh Allen
    • Justin Herbert

On 10/5/2021 at 4:40 PM, Kmart128 said:

I dont think im selling short his physical tools. I just think as far as tools goes Allen and Mahomes are the clear top 2 in the NFL today.  However i think Herbert is the clear #3. Not a knock on Herbert.... but Mahomes and Allen are generational talents. I dont think there is anyone in the history of the NFL that has arm talent like those 2. Justin Herbert i see similar too a prime Matt Stafford in terms of arm talent... which is definitely not a knock. Allen and Mahomes what seperates them is the passes they can make on the move... no one else can complete some of their passes.

I agree. Though I would say Herbert can do some crazy things on the move also. See some of his throws from his rookie season. But I also think at a certain point, physical skills become kind of pointless besides bragging rights. If you have Herbert’s physical talents, you are not limited in the NFL. You just need the mental part down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x4qpqx8mPRA&t=109s

• Like 1

Herbert has the better hair. Josh Allen has the better Arm Strength.

They're both great, but Allen gets the slight nod from me overall. And yes, his physical tools are better than Herberts all around, but Herbert still manages to just as well relatively speaking. 

Herbert really didn't look like he went through his reads... at all in College. Glad to see that he's doing that, and well now.

Mike Tannenbaum is pretty high on Herbert. Not sure if it’ll turn out to be true. But if we can somehow get a few rings with Herbert, I’ll be more than happy to declare him a prophet lol.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/10/11/22716557/justin-herbert-chargers-leap-2021-browns-win

“When you watch him play, he has Tom Brady’s microprocessor [and] a young Ben Roethlisberger’s size,” Tannenbaum says. “Ben was such a pain in the *** to play against because he was just so hard to tackle. It was so frustrating. You could get free runners at Ben and he just physically manhandled you. And with Tom, he just beat you with his mind. I think Herbert has a chance to be a combination of those guys.”

• Like 2

Josh Allen by a mile. 

I don't even think Herbert is actually good.  This hot start to his career is fugazi in my eyes.  We'll see if he proves me wrong but I just don't buy it.  I can see a Jared Goff/Carson Wentz type fall coming. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VanS said:

Josh Allen by a mile. 

I don't even think Herbert is actually good.  This hot start to his career is fugazi in my eyes.  We'll see if he proves me wrong but I just don't buy it.  I can see a Jared Goff/Carson Wentz type fall coming. 

He already proved you wrong. You keep proving everyone right; to be clueless.  You really had a chance to prove you weren't a troll after you took this dumb stance last year and as Herbert has even ascended beyond last year and is absolutely great/elite and his career trajectory has been much better than Allen's. Herbert in year 2 is where Allen is year 4. 

Some people have 0 knowledge of how to assess QB play. You are those "some people".

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 2