Week 5: Kneecap Bitin' Lions (0-4) at VIKINGS (1-3)

swede700

2 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Well, if The Vikings are bad enough to allow such a weak and unhealthy team to even hang with them, winning or losing this game doesn't matter. 

I mean, we are without our best offensive players, and one of our best defensive players. Against a team that has played close with everyone. Should have beat the ravens 

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I mean, we are without our best offensive players, and one of our best defensive players. Against a team that has played close with everyone. Should have beat the ravens 

This offense hasnt missed a beat this year when Cook has been out of the game due to injury

I wouldnt say Irv Smith is one of our best offensive players either

And Darrisaw could easily be up there real soon

Edited by mattyice0401
  • Like 1

Well...glad the Vikings won, but..........it shouldn't have been close.  Hats off to Deroit playing situational defense and stripping the ball away from Mattison.

2 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Don't want to be negative but this isn't a win that gives me, or most people, great confidence. Maybe you feel differently.

This was one of the ugliest wins I've ever seen after 70+ years of watching football and hockey.  I'm wondering if pulling this game out will be a good thing in the long run.  I hope that The Wilfs will realise that because the current NFL rules bend over backwards to make sure that passing offence dominates, this organisation would be better off having a coaching staff that concentrates heavily on offence, the passing game, and development of offensive players, while not neglecting the defence.  This coaching staff seems to be fairly poor overall at developing drafted players, and putting them in the best circumstances to succeed.  I definitely want a staff that will give proper attention to BOTH sides of the ball.  I just think Zimmer is too one-sided, concentrating mainly on defence, and wanting to be heavily run-oriented on offence, and his team has little confidence and no killer instinct.  The jury is still out on The GM position's decisions on how to build the team, because I think a LOT of Spielman's recent moves seem to have been to give Zimmer what he wanted.

• Like 1