Week 5: Kneecap Bitin' Lions (0-4) at VIKINGS (1-3)

swede700

25 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Don't want to be negative but this isn't a win that gives me, or most people, great confidence. Maybe you feel differently.

Doesn’t inspire confidence in me the same way that missing the kick in AZ didn’t make me lose confidence. This team will be in every game all season long. Nothing will be comfortable. I said as much on the first page of this thread.

• Like 1

The more I think about it, the more I'm sick of this conservative crap in today's NFL 

We're going to get no where with this crap and a lot of people support this crap with "Oh hey we won! A win is a win!"

Congratulations! We beat the second worst team with a walk of field goal because our coach is stuck in 1973!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

This was one of the ugliest wins I've ever seen after 70+ years of watching football and hockey.  I'm wondering if pulling this game out will be a good thing in the long run.  I hope that The Wilfs will realise that because the current NFL rules bend over backwards to make sure that passing offence dominates, this organisation would be better off having a coaching staff that concentrates heavily on offence, the passing game, and development of offensive players, while not neglecting the defence.  This coaching staff seems to be fairly poor overall at developing drafted players, and putting them in the best circumstances to succeed.  I definitely want a staff that will give proper attention to BOTH sides of the ball.  I just think Zimmer is too one-sided, concentrating mainly on defence, and wanting to be heavily run-oriented on offence, and his team has little confidence and no killer instinct.  The jury is still out on The GM position's decisions on how to build the team, because I think a LOT of Spielman's recent moves seem to have been to give Zimmer what he wanted.

I can understand the frustration with this particular win.    It was an ugly win . . . But, i say put yourseld in poor ole Jared Goff's shoes.   He had it.   The Cincy kicker had GB dead to rights.   Neither won.   Could argue Goff won his game others lost theirs.    Tge Vikings have played worse and won uglier.    Theyve played flawless and lost . . . Speaking from my 48 years of watching the Vikes.

Today, we saw Darrisaw get his feet wet.    We saw Barr shake off some rust.   We saw a balanced offense that absolutely drilled down when needed.   It's riveting football that sells tickets and memorablia.  Im looking forward to the upcoming road games.   Those will tell the tale foreshadowing Zimmer's status.   Until then, fans xan bite their tongues a bit and support the team.  SKOL!!!

• Like 1

Watching how this team calls games, and their overall approach to games, it constantly looks like Zimmer doesn’t trust his players on offense. Which is ironic because of how much faith he continues to put in the defense, despite the offense being the primary reason this team is competitive while the defense has had far more struggles recently. 

15 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Probably not flawless actually.  They had to burn the last time out early and they depended on a 54 yard field goal but still

To even get in range of a 55 yard field goal in 30 seconds is still not very easy. Cousins continues to play well. Zimmer continues to coach like it’s 2017.

• Like 2

Darrisaw needs to start. Immediately.

Wonnum does well playing as a pass rushing DT in 3rd and long situations.

Abdullah was very underwhelming.

No issues with coaching this week. Win or lose I had no issue with their approach.

Mattison is a good back. The fumble is something he'll learn from.

KJ Osborn is a tough SOB. He's not afraid of contact or going over the middle.

The jets killed us with the Herndon trade. Highway robbery at this point.

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

This team is going to suffer Marvin Lewis syndrome. Good enough to sniff the playoffs. Never a threat to win in the playoffs. Don't get any decent picks. Can't afford Free agents.

Just end it.

Despite that, they actually draft some excellent players (Jefferson, Cook, Diggs, Griffin, Hunter).  But they're endangering those players' wanting to stay with this organisation, which acts like they're competing in The NFL of The 1990s.