Week 5: Kneecap Bitin' Lions (0-4) at VIKINGS (1-3)

swede700

3 hours ago, Robb_K said:

That's what I saw in the body language of Zim's push, and in his eyes.  He didn't have the slightest hint of a smile or feeling of happiness.  I'm sure he was relieved that the team pulled the game out, and probably saved him from being fired during the break.  But, he still couldn't condone his team over-celebrating-especially one of his players who wouldn't allow his contract to be adjusted to help his team get more cap space this past offseason, and who wouldn't compromise his own desires, to help the odds of keeping his team safer, rosterwise, by getting vaccinated.  We could also tell that Zim has been peeved with Kirk ever since Kirk was found to not have been vaccinated, and not declared that he would do so. 

Zim had a good relationship with Teddy.  But it's obvious how different he's been with Kirk.

Maybe he's just an old man that didn't appreciate being shoved

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Maybe he's just an old man that didn't appreciate being shoved

I'm sure that was part of it.  But the fact that it was Kirk who did it while saying "You LIKE That?" (as reported by some people who were sitting near enough to hear it), makes me think that Zim also was peeved about Kirk being too egotistical about leading the winning FG drive, especially when he failed to move the team on MOST of The Vikings' possessions against the worst team in The NFL (and also depleted by injuries), and his never behaving like a team-first player.

6 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

I'm sure that was part of it.  But the fact that it was Kirk who did it while saying "You LIKE That?" (as reported by some people who were sitting near enough to hear it), makes me think that Zim also was peeved about Kirk being too egotistical about leading the winning FG drive, especially when he failed to move the team on MOST of The Vikings' possessions against the worst team in The NFL (and also depleted by injuries), and his never behaving like a team-first player.

Everyone who's good enough to make it in the NFL has an ego . . . everyone, and if they don't, they're lying😜.  You don't get that far by not being fed and formed for decades.  Facts are Kirk threw two gems in 30 seconds that even gave them the chance.  He gave them a chance at the end of the game last week and in AZ.  So, if that's ego, fine -- stroke it, baby.  That said, I watched the post-game pressers, and for the first time, Zimmer looked like he was a bit gun-shy . . . I guess the reporters were pre-briefed not to ask questions about it to him.  He wasn't shy about the end of the first half and he made some stern comments about offensive play calling in the 2nd half.

Gotta say though, Zim's explanation was exactly like Jerry Burns' that one time, but a whole lot less colorful.  Bottomline:   Vikes Win!!!!  

28 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

You’re projecting. Whether positive or negative, Zimmer was reacting to getting shoved. 

14 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

This offense hasnt missed a beat this year when Cook has been out of the game due to injury

I wouldnt say Irv Smith is one of our best offensive players either

And Darrisaw could easily be up there real soon

We scored 1 touchdown today. There’s a good chance he turns more out of those opportunities than even what Mattison did. 

Mattison is effective, but Cook can take over a game. 

There isn’t anything that Mattison can do that Cook isn’t better (maybe staying healthy), but when you watch Mattison run, there are so many plays that you wish it would have been Cook because it would have been a much bigger play. 

• Like 3