Week 5: Kneecap Bitin' Lions (0-4) at VIKINGS (1-3)

swede700

16 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Anyone know if Dennison is helping the early scripted plays? Those seem to be the best plays for the offense.

I don’t think anyone has gotten the scoop on what exactly Dennison does in his role. Since everything is done remotely, he hasn’t been available for any kind of comment. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Worm Guts said:

You’re projecting. Whether positive or negative, Zimmer was reacting to getting shoved. 

Maybe.  But something I forgot to mention was that maybe Zim pushed Kirk away from him because he still hasn't been vaccinated, and some players are currently out with Covid 19 (Dantzler, for one).  I think a little of that is from not wanting to endanger himself, and the rest is resentment that Kirk isn't a team-first team member in that regard.  I don't think Zimmer would have had such a disgusted look on his face if Barr, Kendricks, Peterson, or Hunter would have run up to him and thumped his chest like Kirk did (even given that he'd have been somewhat surprised from it.

17 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

We scored 1 touchdown today. There’s a good chance he turns more out of those opportunities than even what Mattison did. 

Definitely!  Cook has more moves to avoid tacklers, and breaks more tackles, too.  I have no doubt that with a healthy Cook playing rather than Mattison, The Vikings would have rushed and thrown for more yards, gotten more first downs and extended more drives, which would have tired out The Lions' defence more, and all of that would have led to more Vikings' scoring, and a more comfortable win.  But The Vikings made the right move to reat Cook, so his ankle can heal, given that Mattison was sure to rush over 100 yards against Detroit's depleted and playing hurt DL, and against their injury depleted defensive backfield.  If his ankle is still tender next Sunday, I'd be for starting Mattison again.  He's probably The 3rd best RB in our division.

When Cook is healthy, he should be a part of a rotation at RB. He is better than Mattison, but with a 17 game season the team shouldn't count on him to shoulder a full load. If he is a rotational back (and I believe he should be), he is certainly the better part of the rotation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

First they lose by a 66 yard field goal,  then they lose by a 54 yard after they took the lead.  It can't be easy

I feel like there's no way the Vikings make that kick against another team. If there's one team that can out bad break/choke the Vikings, it's the Lions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

I feel like there's no way the Vikings make that kick against another team. If there's one team that can out bad break/choke the Vikings, it's the Lions.

Maybe it's the one that bursts the curse of crappy kickers...please, please, please....