Week 5: Kneecap Bitin' Lions (0-4) at VIKINGS (1-3)

swede700

2 minutes ago, babababa said:

...if you believe Covid is a hoax.

No one here believes Covid is a hoax. As far as stopping the spread of individual cases it doesn't make sense to trust the test with vaccinated players but not vaccinated. 

I agree with SemperFeist that the purpose is to get people to take the vaccine 

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Of course it does. The NFL wants its players vaccinated. Making it harder for unvaccinated players to get on the field after testing positive, or being in close contact with someone who does, disincentivizes remaining unvaccinated. 

I guess it makes sense in that way that it helps encourage players to get the shot

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

No one here believes Covid is a hoax. As far as stopping the spread of individual cases it doesn't make sense to trust the test with vaccinated players but not vaccinated. 

I agree with SemperFeist that the purpose is to get people to take the vaccine 

Feist said unvaxxed players have to quarantine for at least 10 days...to which you replied "that doesn't make sense"

So you'd rather an unvaxxed player testing positive for Covid practicing sooner? What am I missing here?

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I guess it makes sense in that way that it helps encourage players to get the shot

Well it's either that or have 30% of the team out with Covid against the Lions. I mean Dantler could give it to Smith who is still unvaccinated -- Sheldon Richardson likewise. Let the good times roll.

6 minutes ago, babababa said:

Feist said unvaxxed players have to quarantine for at least 10 days...to which you replied "that doesn't make sense"

So you'd rather an unvaxxed player testing positive for Covid practicing sooner? What am I missing here?

An unvaccinated player can test positive and then have 2 negative tests after that and still have to quarantine. Are you saying that they are still likely to spread it after 2 negative tests? 

4 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

An unvaccinated player can test positive and then have 2 negative tests after that and still have to quarantine. Are you saying that they are still likely to spread it after 2 negative tests? 

I thought you were talking about unvaxxed without false positive tests -- my bad.

That said:

Why would anyone be advised to risk it from any standpoint? Quarantining is the only way to be sure with an unvaccinated player. I had to quarantine from my wife for 10 days when she had it last year and I tested negative. Think about all the close contacts an unvaccinated player with a positive Covid test will be making if you throw caution to the wind. To have that person running around after a few days when unlikely false-negative tests occur is just as negligent to the league as it is to society. Yeah it's harder to make players sick now that most in the league are vaccinated, but on a team like the Vikings we're talking about what happened with Cousins and Mond all over again.

16 minutes ago, babababa said:

I thought you were talking about unvaxxed without false positive tests -- my bad.

That said:

Why would anyone be advised to risk it from any standpoint? Quarantining is the only way to be sure with an unvaccinated player. I had to quarantine from my wife for 10 days when she had it last year and I tested negative. Think about all the close contacts an unvaccinated player with a positive Covid test will be making if you throw caution to the wind. To have that person running around after a few days when unlikely false-negative tests occur is just as negligent to the league as it is to society. Yeah it's harder to make players sick now that most in the league are vaccinated, but on a team like the Vikings we're talking about what happened with Cousins and Mond all over again.

It's different if a person has covid and recovers than if someone is exposed to someone with covid isn't it? With the exposure you maybe wouldn't have tested positive right away so it makes sense to still be cautious.  

Anyways we are getting way off subject. Hopefully Dantzler can play this weekend and no one else catches it.  I assume we would have heard of close contacts by now

Exposure and testing positive are two different things.  Without knowing exactly what the NFL policy states, it is important that those exposed to COVID, particularly the unvaccinated) to go into quarantine immediately while awaiting test results.  COVID can sometimes be in your system up to 72 hours before triggering a positive test result.  You can also transmit the virus without experiencing symptoms.  In Virginia, quarantine lasts for 7 days of those exposed who are vaccinated, or negative test results three days after exposure.  For the unvaccinated after exposure it's 10 days quarantine AND a negative test.  For those who test positive it's 14 days quarantine whether or not you are vaccinated.  Just remember, quarantine is NOT about the exposed or the positive person's health.  It's about keeping everyone around them healthy and COVID free.  The Virginia guidelines are based on CDC guidelines.  My problem,with what I know about NFL guidelines, is that they don't meet CDC guidelines.  But this is what the league and the NFLPA could agree to.  

10 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yes, on average, an unvaccinated person testing positive for COVID-19 is contagious for approximately 10 days after the first notable signs and symptoms of Covid-19. After 10 days, the viral shedding lessens to a point that you most likely will not be contagious (provided you are not symptomatic). Those patients with the severe presentation (typically hospitalized) or have weakened immune symptoms can be contagious for a much longer period of time (20 days). And it’s extremely unlikely that player with a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 would test negative once let alone twice within a 10 day window. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, babababa said:

You're assuming that was a loaded statement. It likely wasn't, and was rather geniune curiosity.

I understand your thought process though. We live in a day in age where critical thinking is shunned and laughed at.

/rant. Skol Vikings.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You're assuming that was a loaded statement. It likely wasn't, and was rather geniune curiosity.

I understand your thought process though. We live in a day in age where critical thinking is shunned and laughed at.

/rant. Skol Vikings.

There is no way an article from www.FauciFraud.com is biased and filled with incorrect statements of fact. NONE. Their articles say everything I want to believe and provides no contradictory evidence so I know that it has to be true. You need to do your own research, Steve.

/s

• Like 3