Week 5 GDT: LeRoy (NYG) vs. Sho-Num (DAL) @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

LEROY!... PLAY TIMES OVER BOY!... This is truly that kindve feel for us as Giants fans. I have to feel pumped and excited about what the test is gonna be coming up. Talk about a game to be excited about. This is really gonna be a knock down drag out style brawl if u ask me. The Giants i think are on a high right now and i cant blame them. We go into Dallas at 1-3 vs. 3-1. The Cowboys are looking like Shonum and we are looking like LeRoy trying to awaken. Think this one could go either way, but i see high scoring affair here. The key to this game is the Giants defence has to come up with a way to slow Dak down. DJ has truly been our best player on this team this season and i think he's itching to shock the world. If our defence can come up with some type of pressure to get in Dak's face and limit receptions to the TE's Shultz and Jarwin i think we stand a chance to win this one. We have been obliterated by their TEs' the last few meetings. This game comes down to.. can the Giants D step up. If im Dallas right now, dont think for 1 second that we are a pushover. We got some serious guns on this squad right now. 

LeRoy 30 / Sho-num 28

• Like 1

We have the weapons to keep up with them, but do we have the playcalling? Do enough defensive players show up? If so, we can make this interesting.

Hopefully we don't have to play both the Cowboys and the refs, like the last time we visited Dallas.

This past week's win was awesome, and on paper, this could be a good matchup. I do not see it though.

Our secondary and pass rush are severely underperforming. Meanwhile, Dallas's OL is seriously stout (Tyron Smith looks like his old self, Steele is playing very well, Martin is Martin) and Dak is playing his best football. Even more dangerous though is that run game. We haven't been able to stop the run at all and Dallas runs it at all over everyone. I think the Dallas offense is too powerful for us to stop at all and we lose this one handily. I'm thinking something like 35-21 Dallas.

Outside of Diggs the Dallas secondary is still pretty suspect. It has gotten better but still not great. So big plays can be had. As long as the Giants OL can keep Jones upright and give him time to take shots. And that won't be easy. The Dallas rooks have been playing out their mind. One thing Dallas can do is draft. But yes, give Jones chance for the big play and you can score on this team. We have seen that the last 4 weeks. But Dallas will also score, so it is all about the defense stopping Dak, Zeke and lowkey Shultz, so is becoming Dak's new favorite weapon.

I feel like this will be the CeeDee game too. He has been a bit quiet the past few games and he is due for a big one. Also totally didn't realize this is the anniversary of Dak's injury. Giants. Week 5. Whew. I see you NFL. Revenge Game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ACO said:

Also totally didn't realize this is the anniversary of Dak's injury. Giants. Week 5. Whew. I see you NFL. Revenge Game.

It does seem like the NFL schedule makers had it in for the Giants.  First having us face two top 10 defenses in four days to start the season. They know we never win in Orleans and then they give the Cowboys extra days to prepare for us.

That being said the season is on the line here, if we win we actually have a pulse when it comes to the playoffs. This team is getting better so would like to believe they play their best game of the season and come out with a win.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If your point is WFT DL has sucked, that in now way counters my point (which is more a gripe/complaint than a conspiracy theory). The NFL schedule makers knew Barkley was coming of a major injury so they had him play two games in four days in the first week of the NFL? And yes while WFT DL has been disappointing the schedule makers in no way knew in the offseason the DL would be like that.

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

If your point is WFT DL has sucked, that in now way counters my point (which is more a gripe/complaint than a conspiracy theory). The NFL schedule makers knew Barkley was coming of a major injury so they had him play two games in four days in the first week of the NFL? And yes while WFT DL has been disappointing the schedule makers in no way knew in the offseason the DL would be like that.

I cant tell if you actually believe the schedule makers manipulated the schedule for against you or not. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I cant tell if you actually believe the schedule makers manipulated the schedule for against you or not. 

5 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

(which is more a gripe/complaint than a conspiracy theory).

What part of that is hard to understand? Do I think the NFL is against the Giants, despite the officiating done for the WFT game, no I don't. Am I not happy about about playing a road game on Thursday night in the first week, yes.

1 minute ago, Go_Giants said:

What part of that is hard to understand? Do I think the NFL is against the Giants, despite the officiating done for the WFT game, no I don't. Am I not happy about about playing a road game on Thursday night in the first week, yes.

The entire rest of your post after that sentences reads as contradictory to that sentence. Its like the meme 'Im not saying, im just saying'. You basically said "this isnt a conspiracy, but look at all the ways its a conspiracy". 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The entire rest of your post after that sentences reads as contradictory to that sentence. Its like the meme 'Im not saying, im just saying'. You basically said "this isnt a conspiracy, but look at all the ways its a conspiracy". 

Clearly you read only what you want to read. If I say I am just complaining and I don't believe it is a conspiracy theory, it does not counter my statement when I give details what I am complaining about.

Hoping that the Giants can figure out way to get pressure on Dak as I believe this will be vital to slowing down this offense.  The team can't allow this guy time in the pocket, he's got too many weapons that or secondary can't cover them long term. Not to mention two very solid backs.  

Our offense is going to have to score early and often. burn the clock when possible.  

• Like 1